Options

Forget the Birdy BS and give us the news...

cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I would love to hear new album news first from the tenclub before having to see it via a translated magazine from another country. This seems to be the case with a lot of band news as of late (hearing it first through other sources). Also, it would be great to tie that in with a touring schedule for the year so that I/we can make my/our damn plans for the summer/fall. I know that I am forever in debt to PJ for the things they do and the products and tickets they make available to myself and other fanclub members. However, I would like to say that a little customer service when it comes to tour announcements would be much appreciated!

Thanks for listening!

PS- I don't care how long the album is and will not complain about that at all. I can't wait to hear it! :mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I would love to hear new album news first from the tenclub before having to see it via a translated magazine from another country. This seems to be the case with a lot of band news as of late (hearing it first through other sources). Also, it would be great to tie that in with a touring schedule for the year so that I/we can make my/our damn plans for the summer/fall. I know that I am forever in debt to PJ for the things they do and the products and tickets they make available to myself and other fanclub members. However, I would like to say that a little customer service when it comes to tour announcements would be much appreciated!

Thanks for listening!
    I've been wondering... Ten Club seem to have nothing but the best for us, based on my correspondences with them in the past.. maybe it's not so much their lack of communication with us, but the band's communication with them?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    I've been wondering... Ten Club seem to have nothing but the best for us, based on my correspondences with them in the past.. maybe it's not so much their lack of communication with us, but the band's communication with them?[/quote]

Could be. I guess I would just like to know so that I could plan around holidays, birthdays, weddings, etc... I am also planning a benefit concert for a friend who passed and don't want to schedule it on the same weekend as the rumoured shows at the Spectrum, for instance.
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    I want I want I want.

here's what I want:

You to shut up.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    long red wrote:
    I want I want I want.

here's what I want:

You to shut up.
    :shock:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    BetterVedderBetterVedder Posts: 145
    Anticipation sparks interest and the more we are held in the dark, the more interested and excited fans of the band are getting. The problem with that is that you can rev the hype machine up so much that no matter how great the album is, it can never live up to expectations. I could go either way. For some bands, I have enjoyed the daily/weekly update videos but there is still something great about getting your hands on little tidbits of leaked info. and trying to decipher things for yourself. It totally peaks your interest and keeps you searching for and wanting more. Only problem around here is that leaked info. gets over-scrutinized and having to hear all the complaining about a band who really has never disappointed just gets to be too much. Which is probably why the band doesn't divulge too much to the Ten Club.
    "I don't wanna go, from Toronto!!!" - EV '06
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    I want I want I want.

here's what I want:

You to shut up.

I didn't think I was out of line to have one small request. You make it sound like I am always complaining. You must like poor customer service. My business would thrive with you as my customer. :lol:
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited June 2009
    not gonna happen

official information/dates always leak before they post it here

expect to hear something in July, after the 4th

edit: but dont worry, 10c will hook us up as usual
    and Ive started to think that perhaps the band doesnt want its fans planning their lives around them
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    long red wrote:
    I want I want I want.

here's what I want:

You to shut up.
    Oh no he didn't...oh yes he did. ouch
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    long red wrote:
    I want I want I want.

here's what I want:

You to shut up.

Well then, I guess everyone who has anything to say that doesn't meet long red's approval needs to get off the board. :lol:
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    LukinFan wrote:
    long red wrote:
    I want I want I want.

here's what I want:

You to shut up.
    :shock:
    :? :shock: :? :shock: :o :?
    chill out..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    10c try the best..and there is lyckin news always...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    and Ive started to think that perhaps the band doesnt want its fans planning their lives around them

I know, but it is kind of hard to schedule something when you hear these rumors of shows that may be happening on certain dates. It would be an added bonus if TC can at least confirm or deny some of these, thats all. For the record, this isn't necessarily a bitch fest as much as it is my donation into the suggestion box ;)