Options

Jack Black's Dreams Dashed

Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Jack Black's band Tenacious D was asked to open for Pearl Jam in San Francisco on Aug 28th. His movie producers wouldn't let him have the day off. Google Jack Black's Dreams Dashed for full article
Things were different then
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    BLACK'S PEARL JAM DREAMS DASHED

JACK BLACK's dream of opening for PEARL JAM on his 40th birthday has been dashed by movie bosses - who forced him to turn down the chance to play with the rockers in San Fransisco, California.
    The actor was asked to support Pearl Jam with his rock band Tenacious D at a concert which happens to fall on his milestone birthday on 28 August (09).
    Black, who is currently filming Gulliver's Travels, begged movie bosses to give him the day off to play the gig - and he was devastated when they refused to relieve him of his filming commitments, insisting he must spend his birthday at work.
    Black says, "I thought that'd be a good way to turn 40 - in front of a huge rock 'n roll audience. It would have been fantastic. But the moviemakers wouldn't let me because they said I might still be filming. I said, 'Come on, please I'm a star, let me off for one day.'
    "But they said, 'No, we paid you and now you have to work on your birthday.'
    "I'm gonna be bad in the movie on purpose that day. That'll teach them."
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    THANKS
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    gotz idgotz id Posts: 125
    Sure as hell got to see him at The Forum in 1998 though! ;)

11 years, i can't believe it!
    I wish I was the 10Club holiday single, the one that never showed up...

• Options
    he should get a doctor's note and call in sick. that's what i do to go to PJ shows when i can't get out of work. :D
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    ummmmm festival gig.... that is upto the festival organizers :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!