Options

Low Light hit me today.

Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I was listening to Low Light today.. and I admittedly started to tear up. This weekend is a rough one with fathers day, it's been over 4 years since I have seen my dad.. and just miss him a lot. I don't know what it was.. I was in my room listening to Yield and Low Light came on.. I closed my eyes and 1 single tear rolled down my face.. followed by others. Now im not totally sure of the meaning of the song.. all I know is that it is beautiful. Never once with any other band have I been touched so deeply than this band. I love them so much. I miss my father so much more everyday.. im starting to forget his voice and how he sounded and I hate it... I hate it so much. But when I hear a song like this for some odd reason I don't know how it does it.. I have these vivid images in my head of my father, and I can almost feel him right next to me.

Sorry for this. I just wanted to explain the significance that this band has on me as well as countless others.
2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    :cry: cheer up! on a different note (and I don't mean for this to sound fucked up) at least there is music out there that hits you so hard that you can actually feel the emotion. Can't say that about the crap nowadays...
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    :cry: cheer up! on a different note (and I don't mean for this to sound fucked up) at least there is music out there that hits you so hard that you can actually feel the emotion. Can't say that about the crap nowadays...
    No I totally agree with you.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    Black13Black13 Posts: 49
    No need to apologize!
    Lowlight is a beautiful song...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    Yup. Their music does the same thing to me. I miss my Dad as well...he was taken too soon. Hang in there.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    judjud Posts: 13
    i have made a million mixed tapes over the years and low light always makes it way on most all of them. i know the emotions are really touched with this song and it also has a sense of healing with it. I wish you the best and hope you see better days . PS i have found that after i listen to low light or black, I will play down and it seems to make sense, peace-Jud
    jdc
  • Options
    funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    Wow! I was listening to Low Light today as well..studio version...I seem to always listen to it on some bootleg, but I noticed on the studio version that it is much more beautiful and the melodies are so tender. Just different...I love that song! :D
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Thanks for sharing this JS.. This song gets me almost every time as well.. Last summer at West Palm I was with a buddy and felt like I had to hide my tears.. I was practically sobbing by the end.. It is downright mystical how this band can define a thought mood or emotion in so many intangible ways..
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    Lowlight is one of my fav'es

in the acoustic sets it is best served.