Options

EV @ the 8x10 in Baltimore post 6/15 show

WS102806WS102806 Posts: 1
edited June 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
Have it on pretty good authority that EV will be sitting in with Jerry Hannan & the Decades at the 8x10 after his show concludes. Just thought you all might like to know.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jaredgjaredg Posts: 14
    yep! Heard the same thing.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,021
    WS102806 wrote:
    Have it on pretty good authority that EV will be sitting in with Jerry Hannan & the Decades at the 8x10 after his show concludes. Just thought you all might like to know.
    beat me to it :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=101216
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    hollyster70hollyster70 Posts: 228
    i'm back in ohio and i'm crying... :cry:
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930

Is that really worth crying about? Or even joking about crying about?
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 863
    Did this happen?
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    i got id wrote:
    Did this happen?

No.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    I wanted to share this w/ you guys last night but wasn't allowed to because it wasn't 100% sure and it's a tiny venue. Now that I know he didn't show up, I'm glad I didn't say anything. Regardless, I can't wait to hear the Jerry Hannan band. Did anyone on this thread go to this show? If so, love to know how it was because it's a fantastic line-up of musicians.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    DesignVHL wrote:
    I wanted to share this w/ you guys last night but wasn't allowed to because it wasn't 100% sure and it's a tiny venue. Now that I know he didn't show up, I'm glad I didn't say anything. Regardless, I can't wait to hear the Jerry Hannan band. Did anyone on this thread go to this show? If so, love to know how it was because it's a fantastic line-up of musicians.

Wasn't like it was a secret it was online at the Baltimore Sun yesterday.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/enterta ... y_the.html

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Well, I never said it was a secret. I also do not live in Baltimore so I didn't know that was actually posted - I did not see it up last night on here when I was going to post it.

But just because the press picks up on something however and it gets put in the paper, obviously doesn't mean it is true. Jerry's manager asked me not say anything because he knew it wasn't 100% going to happen. I did make a blurb about it on one of Jerry's band member's website's that I maintain per his request, I just kept it off the board.

Too bad Ed didn't show, I was excited for my friend to have the opportunity to play a song or two with him. Either way, I am still hoping someone on here was at the show so I can hear about it from the crowd's perspective. I'm sure my friend would say it was a great night regardless. :D
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    hollyster70hollyster70 Posts: 228

Is that really worth crying about? Or even joking about crying about?

So sorry...didn't realize crying, joking or joking about crying were also on the list of unnaccepable things on the PJ board. In the future, I will make sure I check with you prior to posting as i would not like to offend your delicate sensibilities. Golly, i sure hope one day I will be a cool enough fan that i quit making these horrible mistakes...been trying for 18 yrs but I'm still not to your level. BTW, what am I allowed to wear to Memphis?
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Options
    Holly, I learned a very long time ago to just ignore many of these types of comments on message boards. They'll likely want to respond and argue - especially since it's pretty much over nothing. There's always going to be someone like that on a public board. As much as you want to respond and be like, oh come on, it was a figure of speech, or you just mean, "man i am bummed I couldn't have been there" - they like to twist things to make more of it. While I think it's kind of pathetic that people like to do that, its a free country and they can post what they want. I'd look at this way - imho, it just makes them look bad, not you. :D I wouldn't take their words too harshly.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    LONGWAVELONGWAVE Posts: 153
    Here is original version of SOCIETY by Jerry Hannon in MP3

http://www.jerryhannan.com/file.php?pt= ... 1fe85eac52

Hope you enjoy very cool song!!!

LW
    "Rock Over London, Rock On Chicago"
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
    DesignVHL wrote:

Wasn't like it was a secret it was online at the Baltimore Sun yesterday.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/enterta ... y_the.html
    That just might be the exact reason why he didn't show up. Thanks to that stupid newspaper prick, some fans didn't get to witness a rare opportunity.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    I was thinkin the same thing..but that would be a pretty ridiculous reason not to sit in with a band - over a stupid press blurb that was terribly written to begin with. I'm doubting very much that this was what deterred him from going to the club.

According to my buddy he said it was pretty much a go, but who knows. But yeah the reason I could not post was exactly that, you just never know! Maybe Ed was just tired or didn't feel up to it. Who knows, doesn't really matter, stuff like that happens all the time with bands. The other band my friend is in would sit in with other bands after their shows every so often. Sometimes the intention to go is there, but for whatever reason or another after the show is done, it just doesn't happen...sidetracked with backstage antics, conversations, too drunk, lazy, lol, for whatever reason, other things come up.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Right about now, he might have been fed up with those crazy-ass bitches who talk about him as if he's Joey from New Kids OnThe Block. When did it become more about what kind of pants he wears and less about what kind of music he makes. That might be the reason.
    Post edited by SOLAT319 on

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Right about now, he might have been fed up with those crazy-ass bitches who talk about him as if he's Joey from New Kids OnThe Block. When did it become about more about what kind of pants he wears and less about what kind of music he makes. That might be the reason.

I wonder why we need to indicate Ed's clothing choices on the setlist thread? That seems ridiculous to me.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Right about now, he might have been fed up with those crazy-ass bitches who talk about him as if he's Joey from New Kids OnThe Block. When did it become about more about what kind of pants he wears and less about what kind of music he makes. That might be the reason.

I wonder why we need to indicate Ed's clothing choices on the setlist thread? That seems ridiculous to me.

That's probably because you're not a lust-crazed middle-aged woman who is constantly dreaming about running away with Eddie one day leaving her husband and two kids behind.

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I wonder why we need to indicate Ed's clothing choices on the setlist thread? That seems ridiculous to me.[/quote]

That's probably because you're not a lust-crazed middle-aged woman who is constantly dreaming about running away with Eddie one day leaving her husband and two kids behind.[/quote]

Yeah, good call on that one.
  • Options
    Heh, I never understood why people comment on his clothes either - it's ridiculous. He's just a normal person like all of us. There are more important issues to discuss like how killer that version of Blood was. :D
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!