Options

Tonight! (6/12)

brokenarrowbrokenarrow Posts: 478
edited June 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
After all of these years, it'll be so nice to see Ed flying solo tonight....

Getting happier and happier as this Friday is progressing! :D
just thought I'd put that out there, and a big hello to old friends! (and new ones too!)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Andy DickAndy Dick Posts: 119
    It's not December 6th tonight...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Andy Dick wrote:
    You're from Canada - how come you don't write the date in format M/D/Y?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Andy Dick wrote:

Canadians use d/m/y. I'm not sure why that is. Most countries use d/m/y.

Does any other "advanced" country use m/d/y??? Russia?? I say that because they use miles and yards too, right?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Andy Dick wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    Andy Dick wrote:

Does any other "advanced" country use m/d/y??? Russia?? I say that because they use miles and yards too, right?
    Weird. That means I've been doing it wrong all my life :shock:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    Have a GREAT time brokenarrow!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    Andy Dick wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    Andy Dick wrote:

They do? Which part of Canada? I've been here in Nova Scotia for 30 year's and been using the d/m/y method since pre-school! :o
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

They do? Which part of Canada? I've been here in Nova Scotia for 30 year's and been using the d/m/y method since pre-school! :o

Really???

I was born in New Brunswick and now live in Alberta. I just checked my NB health care, and my Alberta Driver's license. They are both d/m/y.

Wait! didn't the NDP just come into power in NS? Maybe this is the first stage of Dexter's plan to make NS part of the USA...

Funny story too. I went down to the Gorge in 06 with my Aussie buddy, (they also use d/m/y). and the lady at the beer store IDed him, and looked EXTREMELY confused (it said something like 25/06/82) She looked at him with a blank look on her face, and said in a thick southern American Accent "25th month?!?!?! that doesn't make any sense!!!!" (and she was 100% serious!) She could not figure it out for the life of her!

This thread has went off on a tangent.
    Ya, tonight! Have a great time!!!
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    My BC Care Card has m/d/y and that's how I've always done it. My drivers license is y/m/d and the m is in letters to avoid confusion.
  • Options
    My BC Care Card has m/d/y and that's how I've always done it. My drivers license is y/m/d and the m is in letters to avoid confusion.

y/m/d. weird...

I always thought all of Canada was was the same. Does anyone know if all of the USA is the same?