Options

New Single news?

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited June 2009 in The Porch
We should be getting some official info any day, right?

I mean, album tentatively comes out September 22nd, possibly earlier. I would guess they'd drop the single sometime in July, right? Which means it would hit the airwaves a few weeks before that.. and we'd get news about it this month, right?

I'm impatient!

lol

My moneys on Something's Going On as the first single. I don't think they'd show off the first single on Conan before its out. Much like when PJ showed off Grievance on Letterman and dropped NAIS as the first single..

I have too much time on my hands tonight. 8-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Something's Going On will not be the first single, I'm certain of that. The Fixer though...now that might be
  • Options
    Something's Going On will not be the first single, I'm certain of that. The Fixer though...now that might be
    What makes you say that? They were recording it for the Target commercial.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912
    They were recording it for the Target commercial.

There's a target commerical now? :o

:arrow:
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

What makes me say that is that "Something's Going On" IS "The Fixer"...same song.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089

What makes me say that is that "Something's Going On" IS "The Fixer"...same song.
    lol :mrgreen:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    We'll probably get it round the same time as those seattle dates.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options

Well then, you were supposed to agree with me, and correct me. 8-)
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Yeah, the Fixer will be the single, if I were a betting man

My guess is we'll here something in a few weeks.

Things will start coming togethr after the Ed solo tour. let's try to enjoy the calm before the awsomeness 8-)
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    How do we know about Something's Going On? Is it just a title someone dug out of an article, or what?
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    let's try to enjoy the calm before the awsomeness 8-)
    You know, that's a good way to look at it.. I can go with that.
  • Options
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    How do we know about Something's Going On? Is it just a title someone dug out of an article, or what?
    Well.. a recording outside of a studio that went around had the lyrics, "Something's Going On" a few weeks ago.. from outside a studio for Target commercial.. crappy recording, but you get the jist of the song..
  • Options
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    Well.. a recording outside of a studio that went around had the lyrics, "Something's Going On" a few weeks ago.. from outside a studio for Target commercial.. crappy recording, but you get the jist of the song..

It never happened, it was all your imagination... you would think something like this would be all over the site, right? :mrgreen:
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    Ah crap...now I have to fight the urge to go hunt it down.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    dont think anything will happen at least until after EV tour
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Back_Pedal wrote:

I know its a really shitty recording, but I like "The Fixer" more then Got Some. Its so catchy but in a great way. The main riff is awesome and the break towards the end that leads to ed screaming yeeahhh over and over is just amazing. It screams Yield to me.

ANd the craziest part is....Jeff wrote it! (assuming im right about everything)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089

Are we sure about that? Was it mentioned at the recording or you know something we dont.

The Fixer sound ok but Got Some does it for me so far. Fingers crossed
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Purex37Purex37 Chicago Posts: 167
    My moneys on Something's Going On as the first single. I don't think they'd show off the first single on Conan before its out. Much like when PJ showed off Grievance on Letterman and dropped NAIS as the first single..

They dropped Nothing as it Seems as the first single long before playing Grievance on Letterman. I'm pretty sure they played Letterman after Binaural came out. I definitely remember Dave holding the record.

You're probably right about Something's Going On (aka The Fixer) being the single though. The band never really cared too much about making sure they followed the business model of playing their singles in order on TV appearances like most bands do.

If we're all going to Target in September, then it makes perfect sense that the first single will be featured in the ad for the album.
    Why go, Animal?
    Foxy Mop in my tree, no way. 
    Gods' Dice Get Right
    Come back amongst the waves yellow moon.
    https://www.instagram.com/knowcode/

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Yeah, the Fixer will be the single, if I were a betting man

My guess is we'll here something in a few weeks.

Things will start coming togethr after the Ed solo tour. let's try to enjoy the calm before the awsomeness 8-)
    yep.. :D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    I hope they release one of their better songs as a single. To me, they always release a song that isnt nearly their best on a lot of their albums. I hope Got Some isnt the first single. As much as I think Got Some is a good song. I dont think it would be a good single. Just my opinion though.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Purex37 wrote:

They dropped Nothing as it Seems as the first single long before playing Grievance on Letterman. I'm pretty sure they played Letterman after Binaural came out. I definitely remember Dave holding the record.

Dave might have held up a copy of Binaural, but it wasn't out yet. The first time we heard "Grievance," it was on Letterman. I wore out that VHS tape, trying to decipher the lyrics.

Much as I did with "Got Some," except on the DVR. Ah, how far we've come.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    DonJon wrote:
    Are we sure about that? Was it mentioned at the recording or you know something we dont.

The Billboard article with the Kelly Curtis interview confirmed that the song shot for the Target commercial is called "The Fixer."
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Purex37Purex37 Chicago Posts: 167
    Purex37 wrote:

Dave might have held up a copy of Binaural, but it wasn't out yet. The first time we heard "Grievance," it was on Letterman. I wore out that VHS tape, trying to decipher the lyrics.

Yeah, you're right about the album coming after Dave... But we had definitely been hearing NAIS for a while and I think I already had the cd single with Insignificance by the time they played Letterman.
    Why go, Animal?
    Foxy Mop in my tree, no way. 
    Gods' Dice Get Right
    Come back amongst the waves yellow moon.
    https://www.instagram.com/knowcode/

• Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    DonJon wrote:

The Billboard article with the Kelly Curtis interview confirmed that the song shot for the Target commercial is called "The Fixer."

Thanks for clearing that up Sir
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912
    I hope they release one of their better songs as a single. To me, they always release a song that isnt nearly their best on a lot of their albums. I hope Got Some isnt the first single. As much as I think Got Some is a good song. I dont think it would be a good single. Just my opinion though.

is has the feel like comatose. first time we heard it back @ easy street records for the first time. it never became a released single. we might get got some as a single release with a b-side release, or maybe not!