Options

Song Titles

PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Stephen Flow posted this a while back...thought i'd show everyone just to get some news buzzing

No official tracklist is available at the moment. Some working titles of songs that the band could be recording for their ninth studio record are already circulating (from a 'very reliable source, someone within the studio,' we were told). Here they are:

- Shift (Stone Gossard/Matt Cameron)
- The Fixer (Jeff Ament)
- Dust (Mike McCready)
- Forward Thinking (Stone Gossard)
- In The Time Of Man (Ed Vedder)
- Cigarette Song Part I (Ed Vedder)
- Cigarette Song Part II (Ed Vedder)
- Agree To Disagree (Pearl Jam)
- High Crime (Pearl Jam)
- Yonder (Pearl Jam)

Cigarette Song Part I & II .... LOL
Usually these names turn out to be fake.... remember 'Alarms of Nautical'

so yeah...sorry i forgot to check when it was he found this but still...none the less great info to njoy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    Stephen Flow posted this a while back...thought i'd show everyone just to get some news buzzing

No official tracklist is available at the moment. Some working titles of songs that the band could be recording for their ninth studio record are already circulating (from a 'very reliable source, someone within the studio,' we were told). Here they are:

- The Fixer (Jeff Ament)
    - Dust (Mike McCready)
    - High Crime (Pearl Jam)
    - Yonder (Pearl Jam)

so yeah...sorry i forgot to check when it was he found this but still...none the less great info to njoy
    However, with Jeff confirming the track "The Fixer" is actually a legitimate title, this gains a bit more credibility.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    yeah...that's why i thought it was worth posting...i don't know what source Stepen Flow got it from other than it's a 10c insider...

we will find out soon enough though...

i have a feeling The Fixer will be played on conan cause it's their most talk of new song...they'd rather show you a new song everyone knows about as opposed to a fresh new song
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    yeah...that's why i thought it was worth posting...i don't know what source Stepen Flow got it from other than it's a 10c insider...

we will find out soon enough though...

i have a feeling The Fixer will be played on conan cause it's their most talk of new song...they'd rather show you a new song everyone knows about as opposed to a fresh new song
    But on the other hand, there is another song I wouldn't be surprised to hear..
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    benjs wrote:
    But on the other hand, there is another song I wouldn't be surprised to hear..

:lol: that makes 2 of us!
  • Options
    quelquefoisquelquefois Posts: 208
    do you think though... hmm... given that threads with certain info in them are mysteriously disappearing... do you think that means this list isn't correct?
  • Options
    what do you mean?
  • Options
    i mean like... it seems that the speed at which they are deleting posts seems to confirm the information within them... you know? so if this one stands, why are they leaving it alone while they are quashing everything else? i dunno... just thinking?
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    do you think though... hmm... given that threads with certain info in them are mysteriously disappearing... do you think that means this list isn't correct?

There must be something going on.... ;)
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    moho wrote:

There must be something going on.... ;)

i think you're right on target ;) .
  • Options
    perhaps...;)
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Boo! How did this thread get kicked off page 1?... 8-)
  • Options
    CraneCrane Posts: 192
    They've really got something going on with those song titles. A little too going on if you ask me.........
    "The mind is a wonderfull thing to be altered"

The Point, Dublin 2006
    Bercy, Paris September 11, 2006
    ISS Dome, Dusseldorf, 2007
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I agree there is something going on...
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    i think there has been a dramatic SHIFT in public opinion on whats GOING ON
  • Options
    yeah yeah yeah...
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351
    Actually they added The Fixer to this list after Jeff's interview came out talking about the song. I'm quite confident the rest of the list is BS!!!
    benjs wrote:

- The Fixer (Jeff Ament)
    - Dust (Mike McCready)
    - High Crime (Pearl Jam)
    - Yonder (Pearl Jam)

However, with Jeff confirming the track "The Fixer" is actually a legitimate title, this gains a bit more credibility.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    i remember stephen flow posting this long before The Fixer made news
  • Options
    lurkylurky Posts: 21
    There is no song called "Something Going On". It's The Fixer.
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    do we know for sure that this is "the fixer'?
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269

- The Fixer (Jeff Ament)
    - Dust (Mike McCready)
    - High Crime (Pearl Jam)
    - Yonder (Pearl Jam)

great post :D:D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”