Options

GOMEZ/THE ARKELLS SHOULD OPEN TORONTO

gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Gomez because they don't come here enough, The Arkells because they're an awesome local band!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    +1 for Gomez. I would be in heaven.

Don't know the Arkells but i'd take Band of Horses too. I know they have a new one coming out soon
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I have not heard anything of The Arkells...but I will definitely check them out on utub.
    As far as Gomez goes.... fuck yeaaah!
  • Options
    Glad to see some support. May 29th is going to be a blast but one Gomez show for the full year? That's hurting. The Arkells are great, check out their CD Jackson Square, I think they're managed by Jeremy Taggart, maybe he can make some phonecalls! (Matt might have bailed him out on Spiritual Machines but he still owes Jer for getting him to sub in on a video with Chad Kroger :D )
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I'm in the process of listening to Oh, The Boss Is Coming by The Arkells, and they're pretty damn good! :P

I think Pearl Jam should consider The Trews for an opener in Toronto! The Trews are absolutely fuckin awesome!
  • Options
    Yes, The Trews are certainly incredible. I've seen them a mere 3 times and yearn for more. I have yet to see Arkells as well, but either would be a good choice.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    I know someone is happy :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,954
    never heard of any of these 2 bands before. i guess fresh new blood is good to check out.

was hoping for "The D" to play. get dave grohl on drums & kick out some jam's in toronto. :|
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    demetrios wrote:
    never heard of any of these 2 bands before. i guess fresh new blood is good to check out.

was hoping for "The D" to play. get dave grohl on drums & kick out some jam's in toronto. :|
    Haha. That'd be funny... I saw them at Ricoh a few years ago, it was a blast. Dave wearing a Satan suit on drums, Charlie Chaplin on bass :lol:
    That said, I'd love to see Ben Harper with Relentless 7 open the Toronto show.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1