Options

Missouri fans travelling to Chicago

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
edited June 2009 in The Porch
i think the band is done with playing boring middle states and so this is my shot for the year. now watch them announce one closer than chicago..
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    homer19homer19 Posts: 24
    What venue would they even play in MO?
    St. Paul '92; Milwaukee '95; East Troy '98; Minneapolis '98; Bridge School '99; East Troy '00; Vegas '00; Council Bluffs '03; St. Paul '03; Winnpieg '05; Thunder Bay '05; St. Paul-1 '06; St. Paul-2 '06, Chicago-Lolla '07
  • Options
    ozarkcoolchicozarkcoolchic Posts: 621
    They could always play the Grand Palace in Branson, Bird Island Amphitheatre north of Lebanon, or the could play Camp Zoe south of Salem LOL!!!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    homer19homer19 Posts: 24
    lol...Chicago it is, then!
    St. Paul '92; Milwaukee '95; East Troy '98; Minneapolis '98; Bridge School '99; East Troy '00; Vegas '00; Council Bluffs '03; St. Paul '03; Winnpieg '05; Thunder Bay '05; St. Paul-1 '06; St. Paul-2 '06, Chicago-Lolla '07
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Scottstrade or Riverport would be fine.

Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau would definitely be a great "where the fuck did that show come from" stop.
  • Options
    EtnixEtnix Posts: 49
    when they play ST Louis or Kansas City its always a killer and very full show. Kansas City has the new sprint center.

See you in Chicago!
  • Options
    a return to the Fabulous Fox would be a nice start. 2 shows in 94' and again in 04'. i am going to try and catch one of the 'western' dates with a friend.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tkepearljamntkepearljamn Posts: 581
    haha if only they could play the American Theatre in STL again... I don't think it is there anymore or it has a new name.

The Fox was sweet.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Savvis or Riverport? Are either of those places even called those names anymore :lol: they keep changing the names.

Anyway me and my eldest daughter have been discussing this at length. WHEN they do play STL, we want to do the party :mrgreen: we have it all planned out. She works at a record store,Slackers for anyone who lives around here, and we think we could get some great donations from them. Plus my sister knows this radio guy so we could get publicity and stuff from there. So now all we need is for PJ to actually ever come back to STL for a show :P

And we were talking the other day too about how much would it cost to rent a bus to drive us all up to Chicago? She said we should rent a party bus! :lol: I loathe that long car ride, but a bus might not be too bad. Otherwise I guess we will fly.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    Savvis or Riverport? Are either of those places even called those names anymore :lol: they keep changing the names.

Anyway me and my eldest daughter have been discussing this at length. WHEN they do play STL, we want to do the party :mrgreen: we have it all planned out. She works at a record store,Slackers for anyone who lives around here, and we think we could get some great donations from them. Plus my sister knows this radio guy so we could get publicity and stuff from there. So now all we need is for PJ to actually ever come back to STL for a show :P

And we were talking the other day too about how much would it cost to rent a bus to drive us all up to Chicago? She said we should rent a party bus! :lol: I loathe that long car ride, but a bus might not be too bad. Otherwise I guess we will fly.

A PJ PARTY BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. THAT SOUNDS FUCKIN OUTRAGEOUS.

We rented one for our Sr. trip for several days. I wonder how much it would cost/person for busload of 30-50?
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    mindi wrote:

A PJ PARTY BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. THAT SOUNDS FUCKIN OUTRAGEOUS.

We rented one for our Sr. trip for several days. I wonder how much it would cost/person for busload of 30-50?
    Seriously someone should look into this :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: There has to be enough from around here going up there.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Can the creepy Cardinals fans stay away? These people are weird. And no I'm not a Cubs fan.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    Can the creepy Cardinals fans stay away? These people are weird. And no I'm not a Cubs fan.

???
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    Kind of weird you just posted this. My sister just sent me a text saying she wants to go to the PJ show in Chicago with me. She is a HUGE Cardinals fan. I fly around the US to see PJ, she does the same for the Cards. I don't know if she is creepy tho :?
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:

creepy? do you mean we love our team? anyways, where are you other MO people!?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    DewieCox wrote:
    Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau would definitely be a great "where the fuck did that show come from" stop.

Then, they could swing by Quilt City USA for an intimate gathering at the Carson Center in Paducah.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Then, they could swing by Quilt City USA for an intimate gathering at the Carson Center in Paducah.

PBM

Tool played there in 07. Tool plays the same show everywhere, but a band like PJ would fucking destroy the Show Me Center. I'd guess it holds around 8000. Perfect since there's no PJ fans in the midwest :roll:
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Tool played there in 07. Tool plays the same show everywhere, but a band like PJ would fucking destroy the Show Me Center. I'd guess it holds around 8000. Perfect since there's no PJ fans in the midwest :roll:

I remember that show and remember thinking how odd it was for them to be in Cape.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    DewieCox wrote:

PBM

Good old Paducah :)
  • Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    i've finally gave up on them coming back to st. louis. those fox shows have been the highlight of my pearl jam shows. much better vibes than riverport.
    i am going to chicago, and hoping they play st. louis next year.

show me center in cape would be perfect. dont know if its too much of a reach, they played champaign in '03 and i dont think its any larger a venue. but i imagine champaign got the show due to its nearly midway between st. lou and chi.
    a carbondale il. show would be nice too.
  • Options
    crowes74 wrote:
    i've finally gave up on them coming back to st. louis. those fox shows have been the highlight of my pearl jam shows. much better vibes than riverport.
    i am going to chicago, and hoping they play st. louis next year.

show me center in cape would be perfect. dont know if its too much of a reach, they played champaign in '03 and i dont think its any larger a venue. but i imagine champaign got the show due to its nearly midway between st. lou and chi.

the champaign show was a suprise in my opinion. great show. got ed's setlist that show.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    crowes74 wrote:

Is the Show Me Center bigger than the SIU Arena?

Also, isn't Champaign, IL a college town? That may have been a factor for the '03 stop.

PBM

• Options
    crowes74 wrote:

Is the Show Me Center bigger than the SIU Arena?

Also, isn't Champaign, IL a college town? That may have been a factor for the '03 stop.

PBM

U of I is in Champaign-Urbana. Definitely was a factor for the tour stop. They get several bands there. I caught the Chili Peppers there in 07.

Show Me Center is smaller by a few thousand. It holds 7000. It's really the best of a couple worlds. It's small but there is an arena atmosphere.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i didnt know tickets were on sale till after they were on sale and sold out so im not going...hope others from ST. Louis and MO get to go...let me know how it was :)

EDIT::: PJ could play Branson!!!!!!

Tonight we rock Branson..bwahahaha
  • Options
    Nooo we need a proper StL show. I am already planning the pre show party, getting a hotel deal, all that good stuff. Now to convince PJ to come and do the show :lol: