Options

Hotel in Toronto

PafsilvaPafsilva Posts: 4
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Anyone has a suggestion for hotel in Toronto?
I will probably go by train, so if I can just walk to the venue would be great.
It will be my first time in the city and I will stay there for the weekend, so if you have any advice of what is a “must see” in Toronto it will be very welcome also!!!!!!!
Thanks a lot!!!!
cheers,
Patricia
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    When booking your hotel room you should use Priceline. I and many others have booked the Westin Harbour Castle for $55 a night...it's a 4-star hotel on Lake Ontario.

There is nothing super close to the Molson. As far as what to do there's plenty. Perhaps you should list some hobbies or things you like and people can make recommendations.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    if you are coming by train - best to stay downtown and yeah priceline a hotel ... and like mr. canada said - mention your interests and us locals can help better ...

in general - it's a cultural city with lots of attractions especially in august ... always some festival going on ...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    Also, the PJ show is on opening day for the Ex, so be sure to allow extra time getting there... your ticket does get you in to the Ex for free though if you want to spend some time there.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    I just booked a 4 star in Yorkville/Downtown for $75US per night using hotwire. I would definitely recommend using them.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Pafsilva wrote:
    Anyone has a suggestion for hotel in Toronto?
    I will probably go by train, so if I can just walk to the venue would be great.
    It will be my first time in the city and I will stay there for the weekend, so if you have any advice of what is a “must see” in Toronto it will be very welcome also!!!!!!!
    Thanks a lot!!!!
    cheers,
    Patricia

Don't worry about walking to the venue. (You can't, really) BUT you can get the subway to Union station, then take Streetcar 509 (Harborfront) to Exhibition place. We just did this on Tuesday for NIN. The Delta Chelsea is handy, as is the Residence Inn by Mariott (which we had from Priceline on Tues.) - its a bit of a walk to Union station, but not that bad.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,072
    check out the delta chelsea downtown toronto hotel
    http://www.deltahotels.com/hotels/hotels.php?hotelId=10
    give them a call at (416) 585-4381

ask for jonathan!

:)
  • Options
    I used Hotwire, and I'm satisfied with what I got (Sheraton Center).

Transportation is pretty easy in Toronto, so I wouldn't wory about it.
  • Options
    PafsilvaPafsilva Posts: 4
    Thank you all! I'm checking right now the priceline and the hotwire and all the options that you gave. About what to do in the weekend I would like to spend the friday and the sunday just doing a "walking tour" in the city and on saturday I'm thinking about visiting the the niagara falls. Thanks again!!!!!!!
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Pafsilva wrote:
    Thank you all! I'm checking right now the priceline and the hotwire and all the options that you gave. About what to do in the weekend I would like to spend the friday and the sunday just doing a "walking tour" in the city and on saturday I'm thinking about visiting the the niagara falls. Thanks again!!!!!!!

there are several walking tours that are free online i think ... definitely stay downtown somewhere - i would get a weekend transit pass as the city can be big so you can transit from one neighbourhood to another ...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,072
    Transportation is pretty easy in Toronto, so I wouldn't wory about it.

sure is. can't wait to go back to greek town! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Make sure you get a room for Saturday night too, so you can check out rearviewmirror playing in Toronto on Saturday Aug 22 at Rock n Roll Heaven....www,pjtribute.com....
  • Options
    I think I'm going to a Jays game the next day.