Options

Maybe I'm Alone...

Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
edited June 2009 in The Porch
....but I personally think its a mistake to not have a single released shortly after the Conan performance. PJ was in a prime position to hook in some news fans (not to say this didn't happen at all) by playing a new song and giving the audience an opportunity to have the track to listen to.

I'm not talking about us diehard fans. We would have watched it if it was on at 4am in between informercials. We know how to get ahold of the mp3 track...what about the rest of the world?

I am not bitching by any means...I love the song...but they should have given a studio version of a song from the new album to coincide with the Conan performance...plus, the live version on a talk show doesn't have the same effect on a potential new fan as a polished copy IMO.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Purex37Purex37 Chicago Posts: 167
    Good point... But they don't have a record label to push the song on radio for them. So it kind of makes sense to wait a few weeks in order to have all of their ducks in a row. So when they do release it, they can create some buzz around it and make sure that it keeps building leading up to Backspacers release. That's the true goal, to get people excited about listening to the album. Not just the first single which may or may not be Got Some.
    Why go, Animal?
    Foxy Mop in my tree, no way. 
    Gods' Dice Get Right
    Come back amongst the waves yellow moon.
    https://www.instagram.com/knowcode/

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,383
    u will get some soon..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”