Options

Comatose megaphone?

Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Anyone remember which shows Ed sang part of Comatose through a megaphone? or if he did it at all? I remember vaguely a show I went to where the megaphone was sitting next to him but he didn't pick it up or anything.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,943
    Anyone remember which shows Ed sang part of Comatose through a megaphone? or if he did it at all? I remember vaguely a show I went to where the megaphone was sitting next to him but he didn't pick it up or anything.
    I wouldn't be surprised. Tom Waits does this all the time for certain tracks, sounds pretty neat!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    I've seen them perform that song like six times, and there's never been any megaphone.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Cleveland and Grand Rapids 2006. I was at both. actually made a song that I cant stand sound cool. shouldve kept it.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    non-entity wrote:
    Cleveland and Grand Rapids 2006. I was at both. actually made a song that I cant stand sound cool. shouldve kept it.

Cool!
  • Options
    I went to a 2006 Detroit show, where he sung "high above, I'll break the law, if its illegal to be in love. Leave the hatred on the cross"

Then he threw the megaphone into the stage and it smashed into a thousand little bits, and the crowd fucking went nuts. It was great.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I went to a 2006 Detroit show, where he sung "high above, I'll break the law, if its illegal to be in love. Leave the hatred on the cross"

Then he threw the megaphone into the stage and it smashed into a thousand little bits, and the crowd fucking went nuts. It was great.

Well that explains why he hasn't done it since lol.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    thats always a great effect... scott weiland uses it all the time... didnt know ed had done it before on comatose... bring it back!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    YES!!!

he used this three times...in 06... grand rapids, cleveland, and detroit... he smashed the effin hell outta it in detroit... imho those were the three best versions of comatose i have ever seen/heard... and i do remember, i beleive, that he did have the megaphone at the gorge, but didnt use it...

he should def bring that back, it made the song...
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,867

was at that show, was frickin awesome when he did that, and the megaphone made that part of the song sound very very cool. It smashed right when Mike started his solo, it was intense!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    I saw it in Cleveland 2006. It was a great effect.
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    \

another notable moment during cleveland's version of comatose... where ed says "f the detroit pistons...sorry...sorry detroit" because the cavs were playing the pistons in the finals...
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    I like when Ed dyed his hair red and used a megaphone on "Dead and Bloated" ... oh wait ;)
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    \

another notable moment during cleveland's version of comatose... where ed says "f the detroit pistons...sorry...sorry detroit" because the cavs were playing the pistons in the finals...

Yes it was. Being from MI, I was kind of miffed about it, but I think about that improv every time I hear the song now.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,383
    next time can do it with an explosion
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I like when Ed dyed his hair red and used a megaphone on "Dead and Bloated" ... oh wait ;)
    Didn't Ed use it on "Crackerman" too? :lol:
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    If he does it again he needs to have the megaphone ready. :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzWuO0gwXrs
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...