Options

For those familiar with Jones Beach 2000...

StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
edited June 2009 in The Porch
So I just got back from a run. Through on Jones Beach on the iPod, 8/25/00, and it was great. But before Red Mosquito Ed dedicates the song to New York City, and that he's glad everyone was able to make it there and that they were healthy, referring to some incident.

Anyone know what he was referring to?

Also, what a great show that was. I have yet to hear "sometimes" at a show, here's hoping in '09! or '10.
MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,109
    I was at all 3 show JB shows...tho it was almost 9 yrs ago..my memory is kinda shot..but I think it was the West Nile Virus..he was referring to
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,562
    i think he was talking about how over the 3 nights not many people were in their seats in time to watch sonic youth open
  • Options
    StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    i think he was talking about how over the 3 nights not many people were in their seats in time to watch sonic youth open

yea, he did mention that, but was also talking about something that had happened. Must've been the West Nile virus, that was a pretty big thing during that summer.
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i was lucky enough to attend all 3 shows on that stop.
    I remember when the company name associated with this venue was miller genuine draft.
    there once was a time when you were able to pull out a blanket and go lay on the sand and hear the entire concert uniterputed or bothered.
    no more.,
    the venue has long lost the sense of intimacy it once had.
    they keep building up on top of it, ....
    getting larger and larger every summer.
    It run by a bunch of knuckleheads,
    maybe ( hopefully ) pearl jam realizes most of all of this
    even tho we are spoiled by fan club allocation of tickets,
    not everyone is satisfied with this and has to resoprt to their own devices in acquiring tickets.
    i tried sleeping out there in that tourstop of 3 nights,
    but the state troopers turned us away at the front and said to return at sunrise .
    i pulled off the side of the loop parkway ( the circle around the needle ) and rested until just before sunrise.
    but by the time we drove up to the front, there were 6 cars inline and the sun hadnt fully risen yet.
    Youd think we woulda been in the top 10 online.
    WRONG.

The scalpers had tents pitched and had obviously been alowed in when we were turned away overnight.

The folks immediately in front of us on the mystreriously extended long line
    admitted to us that they indeed werent fans they were in line for someone.
    They later got a delivery from some shady slooking dudes with multiple cell phones and bags of donuts ;
    bagels and coffeee for all of them .
    I shit you not, they all were securing all the max number of tickets at the box office than everyone waiting in line after them .

Bottom line, this place has been run in the past by some shady people somewhere along the lines, getting preferential advantageous perks that even the biggest diehard out there couldnt contend with.
    I was able to get what I was looking for, but these folks were clearly there for reselling purposes .

oh and during the who concert there in 200 , my buddy got popped in the parking lot - for a single joint -
    by an undercover state trooper in plain clothes. he spefd up on my buddy in his car and it was loud and lots of people witnessed it.
    he had to go into this little precinct they setup in a trailer outside the VIP area,
    he was booked and actually had to go to court for this .

we still enjoyed the who- i believe this was just before entwistle passed.

anyhow i shot these a few weeks back as i drove by and i remembered that entire fiasco,

i still hope PJ doesnt play there unless its a fanclub only show.

:)

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/ ... 1242076578
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life