Options

IMO we still don't know the new album name or cover art

simmodojosimmodojo Posts: 4
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I'm going to make a call here, the new album will not be titled Backspacer and the cover art Conan revealed on Monday will not be the final cover art.

I think the band were rushed into pulling together a few preliminary details for the Conan show. Backspacer is the name of a sea turtle the band is sponsoring! http://www.conservation.org/GREAT_TURTL ... pacer.aspx
I can just see them chilling out before the show, Kelly Curtis walks in and says...we need an album name guys....Stone yells out Backspacer!! laughs all round....

And as for the cover art, well I just don't buy it...I thinks its a cool image but I say no bingo.

I dont think its a bad thing, its great, it makes the anticipation for the new album all that much higher and more tangible when we can satrt giving it a name. But mark my words, we still dont have the final album name or cover art.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    The artwork that Conan held up was for Get Some, at least it said so on the cover.

The album is gonna be called Backspacer. Wasn't somethin mentioned about "you'll see why later" when they used Backspacer as the turle's name?
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    edited June 2009
    well its been confirmed that thats not the "full album artwork" but backspacer is definatly the name of the album, they obviously named the turtle after the album not the other way round
    Post edited by satansbed on
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    They name their own album, as they name their own turtle

Even if they wanted to change their minds, which is a ridiculous notion, too late now

Its Backspacer, deal!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    simmodojosimmodojo Posts: 4
    DewieCox wrote:
    Wasn't somethin mentioned about "you'll see why later" when they used Backspacer as the turle's name?

I didn't hear that! :oops:

Here's a quote from Tom Tomorrow re the album cover art: "I do want to note that the image that Conan held up tonight was only part of a greater whole — it wasn’t the finished album cover." from http://www.thismodernworld.com/
    Im excited he is working on the album art, cartoons and animations are his trade, maybe the album art will be a pearl jam comic strip?! :P
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I don't know anything anymore, but I do know this -

Backspacer is a winner :!: :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    backspacer then,,,the bigger picture whats inside,,and we need it,,so we will get some..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”