Options

I absolutely love Got Some now!!!

rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I wasn't thrilled when I first saw Got Some on Conan, but after watching it many times, I absolutely love it now! I can't seem to get it out of my head, too.

This song will be great live! It has a Grievance feel to me and I love Grievance.
One man stands alone awaiting
for her to come home
eyes upon the horizon
in the dark before the
darkness leaves the dawn
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    GET IT ON GET IT ON BEFORE ITS GONE
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    It's a damn catchy tune :)

I can't wait to see what other gems Backspacer has in store for us.
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    get some....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CG49089CG49089 Posts: 109
    I agree with that... although I actually was into it on the first viewing...which is not always the case and an exciting sign to me... since that first impression it has gotten better and better with each successive viewing... which is also a very encouraging sign to me... I'm excited.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    GET IT ON GET IT ON BEFORE ITS GONE
    That line is STUCK IN MY HEAD, along with the crazy guitar riff the starts up with it!
  • Options
    yea just listening to it now for like the 15th time!

has really grown on me, is fuckin awesome!

tho haha, divinitive proof its a goood song :

my brother is not too big on pearl jam, he heard got some other day and said "its not great"

5 minutes later i over hear him humming the tune even having a lil sing along

pretty funny considering his first comment :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    rawpixels wrote:
    I wasn't thrilled when I first saw Got Some on Conan, but after watching it many times, I absolutely love it now! I can't seem to get it out of my head, too.

This song will be great live! It has a Grievance feel to me and I love Grievance.
    As like yourself, after watching it many times (around 10 or 12) Got Some rocks!!! Save You kinda feel in my opinion ...
  • Options
    lukinvedderlukinvedder Posts: 203
    honestly-it took one listen for me! i was tapping my foot after about 30 seconds!!! great song nice and rocky, kinda lets you just have a little fun, not too much to think about with this one :D
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    same here. didnt dig it at first...

now love it. mp3 rip is outstanding
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    The naysayers can have their opinion, but man, this song is catchy. The song has been stuck in my head ever since the first listen, but the more I listen to it, the more I love it. The other thing I got out of the mp3, with some headphones on, is how much I like Ed's vocals on it. After hearing it on tv, I was on the side where he sounded a little rough, but man..listen to it with headphones...dude is rocking it. Plus I'm hearing a little bit more of the old school growl on it, rather than the S/T growl..if you know what I mean?