Options

My Opinion of Conan & Pearl Jam

UNH1995UNH1995 Worcester Posts: 356
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Just my opinion, not very meaningful to anyone but me.
1) Conan will have a great show, but this first one was rushed and everyone was nervous, understandably. This included Conan, Will Farrell, Andy Richter and Pearl Jam.
2) The emotional intro from Conan was pretty heartfelt and sincere as he introduced Pearl Jam.
3) As a huge Letterman fan, I wonder how he feels about "his" Pearl Jam being with his competitors on their first show. Maybe he doesn't even care, but I know he has a rich history with Pearl Jam dating back almost 20 years.
4)Pearl Jam looked great. Eddie obviously is 10 pounds heavier, and looks good with a little bulk. The sound was a little off, and everything seemed a bit rushed, but that is to be expected in a first time show like this. There is always something awkward about getting all geared up and opnly playing one song for the TV.

Anyway, that's my opinion. If you didn't watch with a smile, or have the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end, then you must have been asleep or drunk.
Lalapalooza 1992, Orphium Boston 1994, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1998, Mansfield 2000, Mansfield 2003(1&3), West Palm 2003, State College 2003, Boston 2004, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Chicago 2006, Boston 2006, Mansfield 2008(1&2), Hartford 2008, Hartford 2010, Boston 2010, Worcester 2013 (1&2), All Four Fenway shows 2016 & 2018.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CG49089CG49089 Posts: 109
    I'm with you on everything except everyone being nervous and everything being rushed.... didn't really get that vibe...maybe Conan wasn't exactly in his stride... but I was actually enjoying that... it was part of the first show experience... all in all though, I thought things were smooth and went great... I thought PJ sounded pretty comfortable too... the sound techs did sound off though.

btw (forgive this little rant... I don't mean to be harsh) why do people feel the need to always state the fact that they're only stating their opinion... I get it sometimes, but other times, it's like "obviously it's your opinion"... but if you don't want people to respond with their own than what's the point? and either Conan and crew were nervous or they weren't... obviously you're stating your opinion of the matter... but that doesn't mean its just a matter of opinion.... phew, I feel better now.
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    finally ... I've been waiting for your opinion ever since the show ended.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    edited June 2009
    UNH1995 wrote:
    Just my opinion, not very meaningful to anyone but me.
    1) Conan will have a great show, but this first one was rushed and everyone was nervous, understandably. This included Conan, Will Farrell, Andy Richter and Pearl Jam.
    2) The emotional intro from Conan was pretty heartfelt and sincere as he introduced Pearl Jam.
    3) As a huge Letterman fan, I wonder how he feels about "his" Pearl Jam being with his competitors on their first show. Maybe he doesn't even care, but I know he has a rich history with Pearl Jam dating back almost 20 years.
    4)Pearl Jam looked great. Eddie obviously is 10 pounds heavier, and looks good with a little bulk. The sound was a little off, and everything seemed a bit rushed, but that is to be expected in a first time show like this. There is always something awkward about getting all geared up and opnly playing one song for the TV.

Anyway, that's my opinion. If you didn't watch with a smile, or have the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end, then you must have been asleep or drunk.

Seeing your name as OP made me think about an important question : Do you know if Kenny Olav puked during the Tonight Show ? ;)
    Post edited by IGotShit76 on
  • Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    My turn to be a dick.

If you yourself thinks your opinion in "not very meaningful to anyone but me.", then what's the point?
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    dislocated wrote:
    If you yourself thinks your opinion in "not very meaningful to anyone but me.", then what's the point?
    Ummm... it's a MESSAGE BOARD. Relax. When was the last time you posted anything that was relevant to anyone else? I don't think I ever have, but that's ok. We should be allowed to do that and not get flamed for it.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    dislocated wrote:
    Ummm... it's a MESSAGE BOARD. Relax. When was the last time you posted anything that was relevant to anyone else? I don't think I ever have, but that's ok. We should be allowed to do that and not get flamed for it.

I'm very relaxed, I just do't understand why you start a post out that way.

Nothing I post is relevant, but I don't start out my post with "this is irrelevant, but......."
  • Options
    dislocated wrote:

Nothing I post is relevant, but I don't start out my post with "this is irrelevant, but......."
    Yea, but he may be saying "Hey please go easy on me, I'm not sure everyone will agree with me but I just have some stuff I want to say ok guys?" If nobody cares, nobody should comment and then the post goes away. If an intelligent debate is started that's great. But attacking the guy for being insecure about posting his opinion is only gonna make him more insecure about posting his opinion. And if it's only the 'cool kids' that post on here it's not a place I want to frequent. Ok, now I need to relax but I hate the idea of policing ourselves into an orwellian propaganda machine...

* deep breath and... exhale... *
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Seeing your name as OP made me think about an important question : Do you know if Kenny Olav puked during the Tonight Show ? ;)

He-he.

HIs Opinion is VERY important seeing as he made THE most EPIC thread this place has ever seen!!!!!!!! :lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    Lizard wrote:

He-he.

HIs Opinion is VERY important seeing as he made THE most EPIC thread this place has ever seen!!!!!!!! :lol:

He he he ... definitely the best thread ever. I'm going to read it again right now. :lol:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    THE SONG ROCKS,,IN ALL 4 EUROPEAN CONCERTS IN THE ARENA WILL BE HEAVEN AND HELL
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    dislocated wrote:

Yea, but he may be saying "Hey please go easy on me, I'm not sure everyone will agree with me but I just have some stuff I want to say ok guys?" If nobody cares, nobody should comment and then the post goes away. If an intelligent debate is started that's great. But attacking the guy for being insecure about posting his opinion is only gonna make him more insecure about posting his opinion. And if it's only the 'cool kids' that post on here it's not a place I want to frequent. Ok, now I need to relax but I hate the idea of policing ourselves into an orwellian propaganda machine...

* deep breath and... exhale... *

What's your beef with me? Is it because I don't have 1000+ posts? Since your now 'attacking' me for posting my opinion on this ummmmm....MESSAGE BOARD....now I am going to feel insecure about posting. :roll:

There are so many threads on here that I do ignore, I pick one of the hundreds to respond to that annoyed me and there you are...doing to me what I did to OP. But for some reason, it's ok for you to do.

Why didn't you comment on long red's sarcastic post? Is it because you know him/her or that he/she is in your 1000+ post club?

To OP, sorry for hijacking your thread. I don't really think you are 'insecure about posting his opinion is only gonna make him more insecure about posting his opinion' as Delukin described you.

I agree with most of your statements. I was always a Letterman & Conan. Never cared much for Leno. I 100% agree with your last statement 'If you didn't watch with a smile, or have the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end, then you must have been asleep or drunk.'
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Lizard wrote:

He-he.

+1
    NERDS!
  • Options
    dislocated wrote:
    What's your beef with me? Is it because I don't have 1000+ posts? Since your now 'attacking' me for posting my opinion on this ummmmm....MESSAGE BOARD....now I am going to feel insecure about posting. :roll:
    Nah, I don't have a problem w/ya. Just making a general statement - if we start jumping all over each other about HOW we express our opinions it takes energy away from what's really important: jumping all over each other for WHAT our opinions are! I felt maybe the attack on the OP's choice of words was a little unfair and I was just sticking up for them, since they seemed to feel a little insecure about posting their opinion in the first place. I don't know them and I'm not in any 'club' I just think that sometimes we have to look out for eachother, you know? Anyway...
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    Conan blows.

that's MY opinion.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Conan blows.

that's MY opinion.

Your opinion is wrong. ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    I've watched the first three episodes of Conan.....and I'm totally going back to Letterman starting tonight. Conan died a slow, painful death during Wednesday's monologue. It was ugly. I've always been a Conan fan and watched him at 12:30 (I guess because Kilborn and Furguson suck) but he's just not getting the job done in my eyes at 11:30.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    CG49089CG49089 Posts: 109
    Conan blows.

that's MY opinion.

Your opinion is wrong... that's my opinion and a fact.
  • Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    Does everybody have to start a new thread to state their opinion?
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757

It is my opinion that they do not.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926

It is my opinion that they do not.
    I have read your opinion and I concur. By the way you have good taste in onesies.