Albany EV Fundraiser Preparties!

ECMECM Posts: 1,687
edited April 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
THIS THREAD IS TO PROMOTE THE EVENT - we are also looking for gift donations for the raffle. Proceeds are going to Advocacy for Patients - http://www.advocacyforpatients.org/

Again, if you have extra PJ stuff laying around that you can part with there is a raffle waiting for it. Going to a great cause and it's tax deductible. PM Foxy Mop or I!

Lets try not to get this locked again. FUNDRAISER FOR Advocacy for Patients. I'm assuming it's all the personal stuff back and forth (good/bad/whatever). As long as it's fundraiser/party related posts (e.g., like buying me beers all night ;) ), that should be fine.

Volunteers:
Night 1: Foxy Mop, Jeanwah, jecica, Vedder_Girl77, justam, ECM
Night 2: Foxy Mop, Jeanwah, It_Wasnt_My_Surface, justam, ECM

Dates:
Monday, June 8th
Tuesday, June 9th

Time:
3-6 PM

Where:
Jillians of Albany
59 North Pearl St. (a 5 min. walk, less than a 1/4 mile)
http://jilliansofalbany.com/

$2 tap brews, except for Guiness; $3 well drinks!

Under 21 up until 9:00 PM.
21+ post-show

Time:
3-6 p.m.

Beneficiary:
Advocacy for Patients

Fundraiser Gifts w/Donation Items:

EV pick t-shirts
Stadium cups
Stickers
Keychains
Mousepads
EV pick and other ticket albums

Fundraiser Raffle Items (pending):

Drop in the Park LP, donated by Doug/Pearl Jam
Remastered Ten LP, donated by Doug/Pearl Jam
B'OB Ten Remix LP, donated by Doug/Pearl Jam
2003-03-03 Japan bootleg, donated by 3legged dog (n2)
2007 Copenhagen posted, donated by Doug/Pearl Jam
2008 Hartford Klausen poster, minty fresh, donated by Derek/Free the 3
PJ white baby tee & PJ black hoodie, donated by Given to DragonFly
Ladies Small Forest Tee and I have some buttons and a keychain donated by Jeanwah
Fitted small/medium baseball cap, dark navy blue with the PJ logo by Calum
Camden 2008 night 2 poster by LOVEBOATCAPT0226
OFFICIAL 2008 DC Live CDs donated by kittykat416
VFC Patriot hat donated by Mikey
Stuff TBA donated by Vedder_Girl77
Stuff TBA donated by ECM
Donated by pjbugs007!!! hooked up!!! (list below)
----
5 Piece Pearl Jam Badge Set, A Voters For Choice Pin, and a Vedder/Gossard '04 pin
5 Print Pictures of Pearl Jam 8x11 Black and White from when Dave A was drumming # 9310,9310,9411,9206
Ticket Stub from 9/29/96 Randalls Island show
2 Stickers from 106.9 WCCC summer 1998 from Hartford
1 WMA Sticker
2 Yield Stickers
5 Krock Yield Stickers with dates sept 8,10,11 1998
1 Yield 98ROCK sticker from sept 18th merriweather Post show from 1998
1997 Pearl Jam calendar
1998 Pearl Jam calendar
Aug 2001 Spin Mag
Oct 25th, 1993 Time Mag Ed on the cover
Oct 04 RS mag
Jan 97 Spin Mag
Feb 1998 Details Mag
Sept 99 RS mag
Nov 96 RS mag
Patriot-News Newspaper from july `12th 03 Hershey pa
Tickle my nausea Issue 9 spring 1998
2 shirts
----

Raffle Ticket Donation Prices:
3 tickets for $5
8 tickets for $10

Raffle/Auction Donations Needed!
If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool PJ related stuff you'd like to donate, please send a PM! No bootleg items, please.

RSVP:

NOT REQUIRED - already about 50+ confirmed and that doesn't include people that don't post. This should be a large turnout. So feel free to come!

Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=81212029348

Facebook Night One RSVP Event Page:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=96081468065

Facebook Night Two RSVP Event Page:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=79721777869

Post your RSVP here! Hope to see lots of you there!

Check this 1st post, which will stay updated
wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,078
    Hey Bro..I will be donating things...ill let ya or mop know tomorrow what i find under my bed:)
  • quelquefoisquelquefois Posts: 208
    really? REALLY? there was nothing in the least bit smutty about Albany Pre-Party thread Vol. 3, but it got locked.

i wanted to post somewhere to say that my ticket trade offer from APP thread Vol. 2 has been taken up, so the ticket is no longer available, and i'm a go for the party...
    really? REALLY? there was nothing in the least bit smutty about Albany Pre-Party thread Vol. 3, but it got locked.

i wanted to post somewhere to say that my ticket trade offer from APP thread Vol. 2 has been taken up, so the ticket is no longer available, and i'm a go for the party...

yes how sad:( that ticket no longer up for grabs...and I wanted to donate that ticket!! grrr
  • quelquefoisquelquefois Posts: 208
    pjbugs007 wrote:

yes how sad:( that ticket no longer up for grabs...and I wanted to donate that ticket!! grrr

you are making me die a tiny death inside, bugs... how about a beer at the party?
    no need to die..but if i had gotten that ticket i woulda donated...for the cause:) a beer? Ill be up for that:) I already gave one ticket away for night 2:) still have 1 more extra for night 2 that i may just give to someone..figure it out on the 8th or 9th..im in the giving spirit:)
  • knowledge-against-prison.gif

all the mods together now...a 1...a 2!!!

So when I find you,
    I'll never let you get away, never let you slip away
    Im'a lock you down, lock you down (Im'a lock you down)
    And when i see you,
    I'll never look the other way (look the other way)
    Never let you slip away (never let you slip away)
    Im'a lock you down, lock you down

my turn...

pic-gun_to_head.jpg

and the barrel shakes
    aimed directly at my head
    oh, help me, help me from myself
    and I listen yeah,for the voices
    inside my head
    nothin', I'll do this one myself
    oh oh oh myself....Myself

yeah, yeah

hey, na-na-na-na, hey that's something
    wanna back, back it away , yeah

state of love and trust...love that song.
    I work at a Jail:) hehe
  • pjbugs007 wrote:
    I work at a Jail:) hehe

.................oh man. :shock:
  • june 8th, around the bend.

oh please, let me sleep, it's christmas time.

once, upon a time, i could control myself.

on june 9th, after the show, i'm gonna say "why go home, why go home"?

but to my Albany EV pre-party board friends... "this could be my time by you" (but please don't hit me).

to the mods: "i swear i never took it for granted, just thought of it now"

because unfortunately i won the lottery when I was born.

and because I don't want to "paint ed big, turn ed into, one of his fuckin enemies"

even on this board, i've "tried to endure, what I could not forgive"

but on june 8/9, (and aug 21 for me) we can all sing "troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight"

you know "i'll keep takin punches, until their will grows tired"

coz "I still remember, why don't you" and "he who forgets, will be destined to remember"

it turns out that I "don't need a helmet, got a hard, hard head"

I hope on june 7th I don't start singing "the waiting drove me mad..."

but if i'm lucky, bugs won't "tickle my nausea"

and for now "vacate is the word".
  • state of love and trust...love that song.
    +1
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I sent a PM to Foxy Mop about donating something. She is a busy girl so I have not gotten a response yet. If my item is ok to donate then you can add it to the list.

P.S. why did the last thread get locked? Everyone was behaving.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I sent a PM to Foxy Mop about donating something. She is a busy girl so I have not gotten a response yet. If my item is ok to donate then you can add it to the list.

P.S. why did the last thread get locked? Everyone was behaving.

Just spoke to her - she hasn't been on top of the PMs and send her apologies.... but thanks! I'll put you and Tomas on the list!

also,

um... I think we had duplicate threads out there? Maybe that's why? Dunno....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Alright! Thanks Evil Closet Monkey for stepping up and taking control. I have stuff to donate too.

And I think Laura's pm may be broken...

If there is one more thread deleted however, I'm going to go mad. What is the deal?
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Alright! Thanks Evil Closet Monkey for stepping up and taking control. I have stuff to donate too.

If there is one more thread deleted however, I'm going to go mad. What is the deal?

Cool... your name added.. thanks!

I think we can keep focused and on track for 5 more days..... ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
    edited June 2009
    so i was wondering, people who live in Albany, are there any good Seafood restaurants or steak houses in the area??
    Post edited by U R A Crazy Breed on
    Jeanwah wrote:

Cool... your name added.. thanks!

I think we can keep focused and on track for 5 more days..... ;)

I am always focused..problem comes into play..that I guess i focus on the wrong things:)
    Evil I sent you a pm with the stuff I will de donating..let me know if any of the things I listed are a no go ok?? nothing great..but maybe someone will be happy with the stuff..
  • so i was wondering, people who live in Albany, are there any good Seafood restaurants or steak houses in the area??
    URACB,

Real Seafood Co on Wolf Rd.

I like that place. Others will disagree I'm sure.

I'm a big sushi fan and there's really only 2 places to go that are good and "close" (the second place is overpriced IMHO). If you're interested I can set u up with those (but I might want to go with you!).

For steak (or i guess it would be surf and turf) there's Butcher Block Steak & Seafood. I've eaten there before and liked it.

Except for sushi, i'm not much of a food snob... so take it or leave it I guess. At least I know not to send you to Red Lobster and Sizzler?
  • so i was wondering, people who live in Albany, are there any good Seafood restaurants or steak houses in the area??
    URACB,

I'm a big sushi fan and there's really only 2 places to go that are good and "close" (the second place is overpriced IMHO). If you're interested I can set u up with those (but I might want to go with you!).

For steak (or i guess it would be surf and turf) there's Butcher Block Steak & Seafood. I've eaten there before and liked it.

Except for sushi, i'm not much of a food snob... so take it or leave it I guess. At least I know not to send you to Red Lobster and Sizzler?

sushi..yuk!..i love seafood, but in needs to be cooked! i was thinking fried clams or scallops type of place..with cold beer of course.
    URACB,

sushi..yuk!..i love seafood, but in needs to be cooked! i was thinking fried clams or scallops type of place..with cold beer of course.

Real Seafood is the place which you seek.
  • Real Seafood is the place which you seek.

yeah, there menu looks really good! thanks dude!
  • DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    Real Seafood is the place which you seek.

yeah, there menu looks really good! thanks dude!

that is one sexy avatar
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • CalumCalum Posts: 635
    Point me to the steak house :)

nearly here.. cannot wait.. just cannot imagine how the show is going to be.. Im bringing my camera, everything I do will be photographed, as will you all :D

EDDIE EDDIE !! I also decided no alcohol on this trip
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Calum wrote:
    I also decided no alcohol on this trip
    :shock: :o:o :shock:

say what!!?? you can't hang with us no more then wuss! ;):mrgreen::lol:
  • After-Party Update:

To ALL who were considering going to any kind of after party. the location is now up for grabs (Red Square is a no go).

I'm suggesting:
    Lark Tavern
    Lionheart
    Bayou
    Jillians

Let the voting begin. I'm not partial to any of them. Oxxy's put his vote in for Lark Tavern.

Consensus will win, and I'll post here. Time will be "after the show". All other organization, implied or otherwise, is unintended.

thank you, drive thru.
  • Hey people who are from Albany, how far away is Jillian's from the Palace? I'm just wondering if I could leave my car there and walk to the Palace. or if I should relocate to a parking garage or something.
    bar to venue justa tweek under 1/4 of a mile..looks like my hotel to the venue is less than a mile too..maybe ill just walk...from the hotel to the bar from the bar to the venue..
  • pjbugs007 wrote:
    bar to venue justa tweek under 1/4 of a mile..looks like my hotel to the venue is less than a mile too..maybe ill just walk...from the hotel to the bar from the bar to the venue..

That's not bad. I have no problem putting my friend through 1/4 mile walk
    now thats what mapquest says..i dont live in albany..so i dont know for 100% sure...
  • ED "Now my grandfather was a sailor
    He blew in off the water
    My father was a farmer
    And i, his only daughter
    Took up with a no good millworking man
    From massachusetts"

me "wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

just getting you guys ready for Monday night!! ;):mrgreen::mrgreen: