EV Memphis 6/20 Pre-Party Fundraiser

Comments

• ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Ooh posters... I want me one of those. :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Hey I was at the STL VFC show :D

I am going to donate something, just kind of not sure what yet either.

Getting excited!!!!! :mrgreen:
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • ozarkcoolchicozarkcoolchic Posts: 621
    I just received confirmation from Sun Studio on a donation. I'm not yet sure on what they are donating.....but, I think its going to be admission for 2 for the tour of the studio, 2 t shirts, some stickers, & pins. I'm still waiting on Graceland & Gibson........32 daze & counting!

PLEASE don't forget the instrument recycle!!!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    BUMP
    "Strings and Things", one of Memphis's largest & oldest music stores, has signed on to help with the recycle. They are very excited about helping us out. I also have another store that specializes in band & orchestra instruments ready to sign on to help, too.
  • kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Hey! Is anyone attending the Memphis show going to Atlanta after? I need some assistance in transporting Wishlist items from Memphis to Atlanta. I am hosting the Nashville pre-party on the 18th, and am also looking for someone going from Nashville to Memphis. :)

PM me if you can help!
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
    Hey y'all don't forget that we have a facebook events page set up for our preparty! http://www.facebook.com/editevent.php?p ... 2615793175

Also, the "Delta Girls Rock Camp" doesn't have an official website. They are currently working on it. If you are interested you can check out their blog http://deltagirlsrockcamp.blogspot.com

30 daze!!!!!!
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Hey y'all don't forget that we have a facebook events page set up for our preparty! http://www.facebook.com/editevent.php?p ... 2615793175

Also, the "Delta Girls Rock Camp" doesn't have an official website. They are currently working on it. If you are interested you can check out their blog http://deltagirlsrockcamp.blogspot.com

30 daze!!!!!!

arg... you people and your facebook....

no account
    >
    wishlistfoundation.org

30 daze!!!!!!

no account
    >
    Let me send you an invite so you too can join in on all of the facebook fun!
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,086

30 daze!!!!!!

no account
    >

resist I say resist....

I have yet to join anyone of the networking sites, stick to my few message boards and call it quits...

although my wife just calls me old
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Won't be long now!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    Liven up people!

Ozark, do you need help with anything prior to the party?

Do you need anybody to bring anything, like tape, poster board, box or can or something to hold raffle tickets, cash box or money bag, or anything?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    Liven up people!

Do you need anybody to bring anything, like tape, poster board, box or can or something to hold raffle tickets, cash box or money bag, or anything?
    I'm bringing a cash box,name tags, markers, ummm tape, and my mind is blank right now on what else.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    mindi wrote:
    Liven up people!

I'm bringing a cash box,name tags, markers, ummm tape, and my mind is blank right now on what else.

If you think of anything else that you need and don't have let me know.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    KDH12 wrote:

30 daze!!!!!!

no account
    >

resist I say resist....

I have yet to join anyone of the networking sites, stick to my few message boards and call it quits...

Resisting too... though I might join and not friend anyone just for the texas hold'em app...

BTW... u get the Westin?
    wishlistfoundation.org
    mindi wrote:
    Liven up people!

If you think of anything else that you need and don't have let me know.
    Thanks soo much! I will try to work on a list this weekend and see what we still might need.
  • Hello all you Memphis prepartiers!!! We are down to a little over 2 weeks until we take over downtown Memphis. I met with Angela Horton, co director for the Delta Girls Rock Camp, yesterday. We are putting together some fun things for the preparty. We even have an "UNRAFFLE" gift for everyone attending the party. We may also have a guest appearance by 1 of the girls' band that are still together. I am currently waiting on a donated LA 06 poster for the "UNRAFFLE" that was sent out last week. I also have at least 4 more posters that have been promised for donation. The fans that are donating these are still unsure of which poster they are donating. We all know its hard to part with items.....I have been going back & forth between 3 different posters for donation & have decided to donated my Ames Chicago 06 poster for the "UNRAFFLE".

As for the recycle: Flyers will be hitting Memphis this week. We are waiting on a response from a couple companies & stores on the possiblility of a large donation. I just picked up a donated "Squier MINI by Fender" electic guitar for the girls. I was given a trumpet this weekend, too.

We are also working with Lamar Sorrento, Memphis Folk Artist, on the possibility of him doing a painting for the preparty. Here's his link www.lamarsorrento.com He's done work for Neil Young & Keith Richards amongst many other known names.

See y'all on Beale very soon!
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,086
    KDH12 wrote:

no account
    >

resist I say resist....

Resisting too... though I might join and not friend anyone just for the texas hold'em app...

BTW... u get the Westin?

Yes sir, me and the misses will be at the Westin.... it is going to be a quick trip drive in Sat morning and drive out Sun afternoon

maybe you are just old too ;) join the sites and revert back to your youth....... in the electronic fountain of youth
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • I just got the word that Lamar Sorrento is going to do a painting of Ed for the preparty. I just looked at my previous post & realized that I typo'd the website address. Its www.lamarsorrento.com You guys should really check him out!
    I just got the word that Lamar Sorrento is going to do a painting of Ed for the preparty. I just looked at my previous post & realized that I typo'd the website address. Its http://www.lamarsorrento.com You guys should really check him out!

That is so cool. Will this be an auction or raffle item?
    I just got the word that Lamar Sorrento is going to do a painting of Ed for the preparty. I just looked at my previous post & realized that I typo'd the website address. Its http://www.lamarsorrento.com You guys should really check him out!
    WOW I can't wait to see this!
  • As of right now, I am planning on Lamar's painting being a live auction item. I....actually we ( Angela Horton & I) are still working on a larger item for silent auction.

Mindi, I plan on calling you tomorrow to touch base with what all is going on.

Also, I received a couple of pm's since last night. I am currently having pc issues & can only get online via my phone. This being, I can read my pm's but can not responde to them So, if you have pm'd me please pm me again with your email address so I can email you a reply.
    As of right now, I am planning on Lamar's painting being a live auction item. I....actually we ( Angela Horton & I) are still working on a larger item for silent auction.

Mindi, I plan on calling you tomorrow to touch base with what all is going on.

Also, I received a couple of pm's since last night. I am currently having pc issues & can only get online via my phone. This being, I can read my pm's but can not responde to them So, if you have pm'd me please pm me again with your email address so I can email you a reply.
    I will be watching and answer the phone :lol:
    I have the raffle tickets and name tags. Need to pick up tape and some sharpies. Oh I have the cash box too. What do you want to use for the raffle tickets? A box or something? That is one thing we forgot in SC and ended up just using an empty Priority Mail envelope :roll: Maybe I can fancy up a box and bring it.

ETA 18 more days :shock:

ETA again I still have a spare pair of tickets. Anyone need any?? I'm only asking $125 for the pair :mrgreen:
  • I have something for the "UNRAFFLE" tickets. Its a big clear plastic jug that has a lid that screws on & off of it. I've used it as a change collector in the past.

18 daze!!!
  • Just a quick update! I received another donation yesterday of a red mini Gibson Flying V. It has an amp, stand, and case. It also has a PJ sticker on it! A fellow fan's son is donating it.
    bump
  • bump
    Thanks for all of your support & help!
    bump

I kinda wish I could be there. :)
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    bump

Never too late Patrick!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009

Never too late Patrick![/quote]

True but it's out of the question for me. See you in August. :D