Options

PEARL JAM - TORONTO 8/21/09 >>> NEED A PLACE TO CRASH !!!

harpmaplesweetharpmaplesweet Posts: 226
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Hey fellas, what's up ? I know that there are a lot of diverse people from all over the place
going to this show so, I'm asking any true PJ fan out there if they would be willing to share their
"crash-spot" with my wife and I for the night. I live outside of Buffalo, NY but it's still not worth the risk
to make the trip down the QEW just to get home the same night. I am willing to pay a fair share, I'm just trying to save a few bucks 'cause I know you can't get any rooms within 15 minutes of the venue for under
$100 USD. I am asking that only serious people respond. Let's not waste each others time.

What do ya think ?
Let me know, if you have a place nearby, a campsite, hotel, etc...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Nuzpaper.Nuzpaper. Posts: 112
    http://www.globalbackpackers.com/ratesanddeals.aspx

Private Room $72
    Shared rooms $27

4 minute drive
    30 minute walk
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,546
    Hey fellas, what's up ? I know that there are a lot of diverse people from all over the place
    going to this show so, I'm asking any true PJ fan out there if they would be willing to share their
    "crash-spot" with my wife and I for the night. I live outside of Buffalo, NY but it's still not worth the risk
    to make the trip down the QEW just to get home the same night. I am willing to pay a fair share, I'm just trying to save a few bucks 'cause I know you can't get any rooms within 15 minutes of the venue for under
    $100 USD. I am asking that only serious people respond. Let's not waste each others time.

What do ya think ?

for CAD$55, which works out to US$44, you can book a room through Priceline at the Westin Harbour Hotel which is a 10-15 minute can ride away from the venue,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL NewYork Posts: 720
    100 Pacer wrote:
    for CAD$55, which works out to US$44, you can book a room through Priceline at the Westin Harbour Hotel which is a 10-15 minute can ride away from the venue,...

Westin is a really nice hotel chain... with their "heavenly beds" and "heavenly showers"

i love staying in the westins

(although if the OP stays there... with the priceline deal... he may want to first check what parking will run per night)

:)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,546
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

Westin is a really nice hotel chain... with their "heavenly beds" and "heavenly showers"

i love staying in the westins

(although if the OP stays there... with the priceline deal... he may want to first check what parking will run per night)

CAD$20, or US$16 per 24 hour parking period,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933
    Priceline is the place to set stuff up!
    Check out the Delta Chelsea Downtown Toronto Hotel! :)
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    100 Pacer wrote:

cheapest I have seen people getting this deal is around $55 USD..........

my request was rejected for $55, but I was able to pick up a room for $57

also it is only a little over two miles from the venue......could even walk if you had to :)
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    How many Priceline threads do we need around here before people start to catch on? :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    My daughter keeps telling me I need to try this place http://www.couchsurfing.org/ I'm not too sure yet if I am going to. :?
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

What do ya think ?

Here's the deal ... after GST & PST and hotel tax and parking ... it's $100 like I said.
    I've stayed in TO many times it's always at least $100 for a room that I only need for about 6 hours.
    Thanks but I'd rather sleep in my car than throw money away like that. I was kind of hoping to hook up with some cool people and save some $$$ at the same time.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933
    Check out Delta Chelsea Chelsea Downtown Toronto Hotel!

http://www.deltahotels.com/hotels/hotels.php?hotelId=10

10club member .. Mr. Merkinball (Jon) is the Director Or Rooms at the Hotel!
    Give him a call at (416) 585-4381 Direct