Options

Eddie in the Chicago Sun times

shaggy15shaggy15 Posts: 190
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Mac is asking who should be the face of the Balckhawks and this is what they said about Eddie

Eddie Vedder. We can find a better man. Pearl Jam was the rockin'est band of the '90s, but whenever their lead singer sits down next to Cubs television voice Len Kasper -- a knowledgeable music buff -- he invariably acts like he'd rather be somewhere else. If you're too cool for the room, you don't represent the city that works.
like a dog chasing a car, I do not know what i would do with it if i caught it----Joker

myspace.com/shaggy10680
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    Wow. I don't think Eddie ever acts too cool for the room when he is talking with Len and Bob. He always seems very gracious.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    Wow. I don't think Eddie ever acts too cool for the room when he is talking with Len and Bob. He always seems very gracious.

I agree.

I think part of that is because Ed is kind of quiet and reserved a bit in the "spotlight". A lot of times Ed's answers and responses are short and I think that's the reason.

Though I think the last time he was there Bob made a comment about Ed's hair being long and Ed was like "Really, is that what we are talking about?" or something like that. Hahahaha!

So, I think a non-fan might see this as being smug, etc. but we all know better than that.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,515
    Those guys are bad, but they are better than the Ed Ved/Chip Caray interviews.

"You couldnt find a Betterman than Eddie Vedder."

Ugh.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mcneil/1 ... 14.article

He's in 2nd to last place in the poll, only ahead of Oprah.

What's stupid about the whole thing is that there isn't any mention if they are actually Hawks fans or not.