Options

The 1 EV show only rule SUCKS!

flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
edited May 2009 in The Porch
It threw fan club members into the general public sale to compete with professional scalpers and some of us did not score tickets and now have to pay OUTRAGEOUS money to get tickets...What gives? I have been trying to score a pair to Philly 6/12 since the "lottery", and now being out of work, I am unable to spend what I normally would for tickets...If a fan club member wants to go to a show, has the money to buy multiple show tickets, then why not let us buy the tickets we want? It is not like 10C tickets are being resold...I am having trouble understanding this...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    The venues are small, so there is less tickets. This allows more different members to have a chance at seeing them. If you go to 2-3 shows through 10c that means 2-3 other people that maybe didn't get one have a chance. Totally fair way to do it.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,014
    The venues are small, so there is less tickets. This allows more different members to have a chance at seeing them. If you go to 2-3 shows through 10c that means 2-3 other people that maybe didn't get one have a chance. Totally fair way to do it.
    agreed- but I dont think it was fair for people to get their one show AND their rollover show- and then others to not even get a single show
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    LukinFan wrote:
    agreed- but I dont think it was fair for people to get their one show AND their rollover show- and then others to not even get a single show
    +1

i got both of mine. feel guilty
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,014
    LukinFan wrote:
    +1

i got both of mine. feel guilty
    shouldn't feel guilty- just enjoy the shows 8-) It just kind of shocked me that this happened
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    u2gatoru2gator Posts: 94
    It threw fan club members into the general public sale to compete with professional scalpers and some of us did not score tickets and now have to pay OUTRAGEOUS money to get tickets...What gives? I have been trying to score a pair to Philly 6/12 since the "lottery", and now being out of work, I am unable to spend what I normally would for tickets...If a fan club member wants to go to a show, has the money to buy multiple show tickets, then why not let us buy the tickets we want? It is not like 10C tickets are being resold...I am having trouble understanding this...

I would hold off with scalping tickets now. Before every East coast show there were quite a few tickets released on ticketmaster a few days before each show. You need to just religioulsy keep checking. I also know that at both NewYork City shows there were tons of tickets for sale out front and there were no buyers. Just keep checking and things should open up.

I will say I was shocked when I got picked for the regular date and the roll-over date. I initially signed up for both to give myself two chances to get chosen and was not sure if I would actually be allowed to win both nights based on the rules. Of course I am happy to be going to both nights.

u2gator
    Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands
    the ones I love,..
    Some folks just have one,
    yeah, others, they've got none, huh-uh
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Checking ticketmaster like u2gator says is the smart thing to do. I checked on the second Berkeley show days before the show and there was a seat available that was way closer than my 10 club seat for night one in Berkeley. Unfortunately, I didn't buy it because I went to the Santa Cruz show and Berkeley 1 and couldn't justify it. Of course I didn't know Mike McCready was going to show up.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    rrivers wrote:
    Checking ticketmaster like u2gator says is the smart thing to do. I checked on the second Berkeley show days before the show and there was a seat available that was way closer than my 10 club seat for night one in Berkeley. Unfortunately, I didn't buy it because I went to the Santa Cruz show and Berkeley 1 and couldn't justify it. Of course I didn't know Mike McCready was going to show up.

ha, I might of bought it. I bought my Berkeley 2 ticket 2 days before the show, 9th or 10th row, center, on the aisle.

One of the better PJ purchases I've ever made, as you stated, that show was epic.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    u2gator wrote:

I would hold off with scalping tickets now. Before every East coast show there were quite a few tickets released on ticketmaster a few days before each show. You need to just religioulsy keep checking. I also know that at both NewYork City shows there were tons of tickets for sale out front and there were no buyers. Just keep checking and things should open up.

I will say I was shocked when I got picked for the regular date and the roll-over date. I initially signed up for both to give myself two chances to get chosen and was not sure if I would actually be allowed to win both nights based on the rules. Of course I am happy to be going to both nights.

u2gator
    Yea, in Boston last year there were people selling tickets out front. It would have been easy to get tickets if I already didnt have one.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Im sorry but I dont see how the one show rule has anything to do with you not winning the lottery or not being able to get face value tickets.

If anything fewer members are going to multiple shows and as such, there should be a BETTER chance at getting tickets to the show you want-thats the idea behind the rule.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

ha, I might of bought it. I bought my Berkeley 2 ticket 2 days before the show, 9th or 10th row, center, on the aisle.

One of the better PJ purchases I've ever made, as you stated, that show was epic.

Yeah that sounds like my ticket! You don't have a boot of that show do you? Pm me if so. I have the first Berkeley show but you probably have that one. It seems to be pretty wildly circulated.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Im sorry but I dont see how the one show rule has anything to do with you not winning the lottery or not being able to get face value tickets.

If anything fewer members are going to multiple shows and as such, there should be a BETTER chance at getting tickets to the show you want-thats the idea behind the rule.

I agree.

The other thing that is interesting is the original poster states

" and now being out of work, I am unable to spend what I normally would for tickets...If a fan club member wants to go to a show, has the money to buy multiple show tickets, then why not let us buy the tickets we want? It is not like 10C tickets are being resold...I am having trouble understanding this..."

So does he have the money to buy multiple tickets for multiple shows or not? Being out of work, it doesn't seem like concerts should be a high priority. I sympathize with being out of work and hope he/she finds a job soon, I'm not making light of it. I just don't understand how it is relevant to the lottery system (which I'm not completely sold on it either).
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    rrivers wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

I agree.

" and now being out of work, I am unable to spend what I normally would for tickets...If a fan club member wants to go to a show, has the money to buy multiple show tickets, then why not let us buy the tickets we want? It is not like 10C tickets are being resold...I am having trouble understanding this..."

So does he have the money to buy multiple tickets for multiple shows or not? Being out of work, it doesn't seem like concerts should be a high priority. I sympathize with being out of work and hope he/she finds a job soon, I'm not making light of it. I just don't understand how it is relevant to the lottery system (which I'm not completely sold on it either).

The relevance is the cost for a pair of tickets amigo...What is easier to come up with? $170 or $350??? hmmmmmmmmmm, not so difficult to comprehend. If you have a criticsm like THAT ONE, make it in a pm.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    rrivers wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

I agree.

The relevance is the cost for a pair of tickets amigo...What is easier to come up with? $170 or $350??? hmmmmmmmmmm, not so difficult to comprehend. If you have a criticsm like THAT ONE, make it in a pm.
    Truthfully, I'm completely confused by your stance. What you're suggesting is you have enough money to attend multiple shows, but not enough money to attend multiple shows where you have to get tickets to every show except one through Ticketbastard, if I'm reading this correctly. If that's the case, the solution is that you suck it up, and be thankful to have the privilege to see Eddie with guaranteed excellent seats for one night. My guess is that this one show per tour thing is specifically to stop people from traveling, along with the fact that they are all so high in demand. So don't be self-centred - be appreciative of the fact that 10C is doing something commendable that guarantees equal(ish) opportunity for all their members. If you absolutely MUST see Eddie twice or more, it makes me happy, personally, to know that you'll only be near the front one of the times, and that someone else will have that special opportunity another night, instead of you.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    The relevance is the cost for a pair of tickets amigo...What is easier to come up with? $170 or $350???
    ya no brainer amigo
    But what does that have to do with the one show rule? How does the one show rule dictate the higher price?
    Not sure what your getting at, but hey, you have a right to be upset at not getting 10c tix, that 6/12 show was probably the most popular and difficult to get when they did the lottery. There are plenty of 10c members that didn't get tix for that show. And getting tickets on TM for any show, much less a small venue in a city where Ed is very popular, has become almost impossible. Yes it is infuriating. But I don't think the one show rule has anything to do with it.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    Scalpers were giving away tickets to ed solo basically for free outside the venue in nyc last year. Also why whould u wanna see the same setlist every night for. The 10c finally does something right and people still bitch. Get over it and go to the venuw day of show and get tickets outside the venue. The deman for ed solo isn't there
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

I agree.

What criticism should I make in a pm? You started the thread and I'm commenting on it.