Options

PJ or EV should plan a buffalo date soon

J_LAWNJ_LAWN Posts: 163
edited May 2009 in The Porch
I know Buffalo's not the biggest city but its an awesome location for people from all over to get to and hsbc arena is a really good venue. Sheas would also be PERFECT for eddie. And of course the PEARL street grill is the perfect place for drinks before and after the show. Come back to buffalo soon!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    sorry buddy, don't see it happening anytime soon. I recently moved from WNY to west coast & it was def worth the months of saving $ to get here. Buffalo is almost a dead city, part of the rust belt along w/ Pittsburgh where they once were booming cities like 30 years ago but now still stuck in the past. There's no money in Buffalo plus everyone knows the rest of the state of NY gets screwed on taxes from all the dealings in NYC, corrupt politicians and so many people living in NYC etc..I read a article in the Buffalo news by Jeff Miers who basically tells it like it is. Most bands skip over Buffalo since it's in between Toronto, Cleveland & NYC so it's pretty much known to skip over Buffalo these days, it's not worth the trip. It seems to me there will always be fans in Buffalo, it's just there's always more fan bases everywhere else ya know? Bigger cities bring in more dough and there's way larger fan bases for so many genres. PJ has played Toronto like 10 times, Buffalo twice...B-Lo is always be my home as far as family but you expect to spend your life there & be successful or live life to the fullest... ;)
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    *can't expect to spend your life there.
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    i <3 buffalo.

i saw them there in 03.

plus i'm a huge sabres fan =D

and i'm from the albany area.
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    works for me...set it up! :D
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    sorry buddy, don't see it happening anytime soon. I recently moved from WNY to west coast & it was def worth the months of saving $ to get here. Buffalo is almost a dead city, part of the rust belt along w/ Pittsburgh where they once were booming cities like 30 years ago but now still stuck in the past. There's no money in Buffalo plus everyone knows the rest of the state of NY gets screwed on taxes from all the dealings in NYC, corrupt politicians and so many people living in NYC etc..I read a article in the Buffalo news by Jeff Miers who basically tells it like it is. Most bands skip over Buffalo since it's in between Toronto, Cleveland & NYC so it's pretty much known to skip over Buffalo these days, it's not worth the trip. It seems to me there will always be fans in Buffalo, it's just there's always more fan bases everywhere else ya know? Bigger cities bring in more dough and there's way larger fan bases for so many genres. PJ has played Toronto like 10 times, Buffalo twice...B-Lo is always be my home as far as family but you expect to spend your life there & be successful or live life to the fullest... ;)

You described Buffalo pretty well but you clearly do not know anything about Pittsburgh. I have lived in both places and Pittsburgh is lightyears ahead of Buffalo. Pittsburgh was named #1 most liveable city for a reason
    "Delight in your youth"

GO PITT
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Buffalo isnt a bad location for a show. I could see them going there on a full tour such as 2003.... But likely not one of these quick hits/mini legs.

That 2003 show was worth being skipped over for awhile.
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    J_LAWN wrote:
    I know Buffalo's not the biggest city but its an awesome location for people from all over to get to and hsbc arena is a really good venue. Sheas would also be PERFECT for eddie. And of course the PEARL street grill is the perfect place for drinks before and after the show. Come back to buffalo soon!

couldn't agree with you more, however, considering that eddie played massey hall last year and is playing the palace this year, unlikely that shea's will get theirs any time soon, on the other hand, i expect an hsbc arena gig on the next us/north american tour, 2003 was an amazing show with incredible energy in the crowd, i just hope the band remembers "who thought buffalo could be so beautiful"
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    MayDay10 wrote:

i'm confused, what did you mean by that?
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    MayDay10 wrote:

probably my favourite pj show out of the 12 or so times i've seen them ...

having said that HSBC arena is not a great venue for people in that - there is nowhere to go prior to the show to get a bite ... the downtown core is a ghost town after 5 ... walked for an hour and ended up having to eat at the arena ... granted that was in 2003 ...
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Drove down from Toronto to see the 03 show at HSBC - AMAZING!

Saw U2 there on each of their last two tours - AMAZING!

I can't speak for Buffalo as far as it being a nice place to live or not, but the crowds show up for the big concerts and I've had a great time at the shows.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    McJuicy wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

i'm confused, what did you mean by that?

The show was very satisfying and memorable. I wouldnt trade that show for any 3 of the other shows I have seen.

and Buffalo does have great places near the arena. You cant really walk around randomly though. If you know where to go, the choices are outstanding.