Options

***London ticket failure - are you affected?***

ManMachinistManMachinist Posts: 30
edited May 2009 in The Porch
So, me and my brother tried buying London tickets. We both sat in front of our two very fast Internet connected computers and tried getting tickets from the second the gates were open for selling on Ticketmaster. We tried as fast as we could, every time we got a failure message we tried again immediately. Each had two windows opened, so we actually tried putting tickets into our basket every ten to twenty seconds. We didn't stop for over three hours, no joke. We never got any ticket!
I see now that many people didn't have luck buying tickets for London, whereas Berlin tickets are still available.
Online you can buy hundreds of tickets for the 02 show... for abour 300€ per pair. There is one seller on Ebay who sells over 10 tickets. And this is what it says on Ticketmaster.co.uk:
"Please note: There is a ticket limit of 4 tickets per person and per credit card on this event.
Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster at its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card." How did the Ebay seller get all his tickets? He sells expensive tickets for all kinds of shows, mostly at the 02, by the way.
www.getmein.com sells those extremely expensive tickets, they even offered them BEFORE the tickets were available to the public. And this is what THEY have on their welcome site:
"Hello! We’re here for the true fans.
Welcome to GET ME IN! the leading ticket marketplace in Europe where you can buy and sell live event tickets in a safe and guaranteed way. GET ME IN! is part of Ticketmaster, the world’s largest ticketing company." Does this mean Ticketmaster makes more money out of the getmein tickets than of those which were regularily available?
Please tell me we only had bad luck, otherwise I will feel like sth shady's been going on with PJ London tickets! And I'd like to know whether we are the only ones who feel like this. :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    How did you fail to get tickets? you are posting on this message board which means you are a 10c member and therefore had the chance to get tickets in the pre-sale.
  • Options
    true. forgot to mention: we decided to go to london after the 10c presale was through. we're from germany and thought we wouldn't be able to afford the trip. then we found out we were. too late.
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    I really do feel for you dude. I got very lucky. Got my Manchester tickets in the presale but could not afford both. Then the gods sorted me some cash so I tried the public sale, I rang and tried internet, all sold out I was told. Gutted. Tried for 2 hours with no luck, then just as i was about to shut my computer down and go to work very sad :-( I tried one last time and got a seated ticket right at the front almost. Will be better seats than my 10c ones for Manchester. Im not complaining there though. I understand the rules here. I should have joined 10c 10 years ago, but im here now and seeing PJ twice this year. It dont get any better for me
  • Options
    SR259355SR259355 Posts: 50
    Best thing to do try Gumtree.

People something sell there tickets there at face value. Place like Ebay rep you off.

Gumtree will be the best way to go!!
  • Options
    morningstarmorningstar Posts: 24
    I had the same problem, money worries stopped me from buying from 10c :( then I had a bit of luck so me and my sis dicided we would go, to london, she was on the internet trying at 8.45am she had a computer and a laptop and even enrolled my dad to try incase there were problems (i was at work). In the end she managed to get 2 for manchester which is great but really we would have liked to see them in London, or both, but I wasnt that lucky in money dept.
    It seems impossible to not get any tickets when she was online so early, there does seem to be something a bit fishy.

But what the hell Im going to see the greatest band in the entire universe for the 3rd time, I thought I would never get to see them at all, so I think myself very lucky.
    Just got my copy of deep :):):)
    hows life treating u? better yet, how r u treating life?
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    it was 12.13 when my order was confirmed so it had been sold out (aparently) for a few hours. I defo think there is something not quite right. There are tons of over priced tickets on eBay and one person claining to have a spare 10c ticket so shame on them as they were selling the ticket for £120. PJ fans ripping off PJ fans, tut tut. I thought we were all better than Ticketmaster lol
  • Options
    asher7asher7 Posts: 85
    Unfortunately, what happens is as follows.

1) a lot of tickets go on sale in 10c, meaning that a significant number of the total capacity of the o2 (22,000) sold out already..

2) 2,000 tickets go on pre-sale to o2 customers, leaving approx 9,000 for general sale.

3) there are more than 9,000 people who want to see PJ and haven't yet got their tickets.

4) touts use multiple addresses and cards to buy more than the limit of tickets. I guess they hope they get lucky, but also I believe they will use lots of different sites, e.g. it was impossible to get reading tickets this year from ticketmaster, but on seetickets it was easy; the same may apply here.

5) at the end of the day, some people are forced to miss out, or pay over the odds and gamble. It's a shame but it's the way it is. Your best bet is probably somewhere like scarlet mist, viagogo or gumtree.

p.s. I believe that ticketmaster don't will reject ur "captcha" submission thing if u try to do more than one window at a time - may be wrong tho.
  • Options
    Thanks for your thoughts! I still can't believe this shit, there are SO MANY tickets on sale on those sites you mentioned, starting by 100 € for the seats way in the back... oh and there is a 50€ plus for each buy. I can't believe it. This is what I can't afford!
    This morning I discovered that this mentioned guy on Ebay sells standing tickets for 100€ and I hesitated... now I came back to buy them... gone. Fuck.
    I'm going insane. Stupid 02. Damn Ticketmaster.
    But thanks for the advices on tickets maybe coming back lateron fom those who bought more than 4. I will keep trying!
    I'm missing the good old days when you could just go to the ticket shop and stand in line and if you came early, you got your stupid ticket and period.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: