Options

LATE EMAIL!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    weav1971weav1971 Posts: 1
    I also STILL haven't received and email from the 10 Club regarding the addition of the Toronto and Chicago shows... I understand mistakes happen but I'm really getting sick of some people defending the club like they can do no wrong.

Disappointed...
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    No e-mail here either.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    yooperpj wrote:
    yeah... i got my ticket confirmation before the announcement email...
    Yeap, me too! Then again, we're used to being used and abused by TenC.

I lowered my expectations of them long time ago so I am not dissappointed that easily.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Pearl Jam fans are a bunch of babies. Don't renew your membership if the Ten Club sucks. Problem solved. I've been in the club for nearly 15 years and have not had one problem with the club. I've missed out on pre-sales here and there and I took responsibility for it. Step up your game, whiners.
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    Pearl Jam fans are a bunch of babies. Don't renew your membership if the Ten Club sucks. Problem solved. I've been in the club for nearly 15 years and have not had one problem with the club. I've missed out on pre-sales here and there and I took responsibility for it. Step up your game, whiners.

15 years...bet your tickets rocked when you did get them....no??? Seniors can't complain...you've had your fun.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    edited May 2009
    johnmuhic wrote:
    I joined the ten club for the 'fantastic' benefits I was told I was getting. Mainly, the right to purchase tickets before the general public. However it seems this isn't the case. Checking my emails yesterday, I was shocked to see a Toronto show added.(hometown). This email arrived at 3:14 pm. Yup, that's right. The ten club told me about the show AFTER it was already sold out to ten club members.
    Thanks for the benefits. And ya, the email I sent to the ten club has and never will be replied to concerning this.
    Thanks ten club.
    Be honest about what time you checked your email, cause yes the emails went out a couple hours after the tix went on sale (likely because the site was crashed for about 2 hours), but the TO tix lasted well into the night, so its unfortunate that you missed out, but 10c did afford you an opportunity. They can't do much more than send the email, they certainly can't call every member or send Kerensa to knock on everyone's door to be sure they check their mail.
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    norm wrote:

it's 2009 and 10c's computing skills are stuck in 1998
    All the emails have to be individually typed on EV's typewriter, so it takes a bit of time.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Poncier wrote:
    norm wrote:

All the emails have to be individually typed on EV's typewriter, so it takes a bit of time.

as some of the more anal retentive fans have found out, ed has an iphone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs

so if ed can be up to date and hip, should we be?

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    But didn't he have his iphone specially equipped with a rotary dial?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Poncier wrote:
    But didn't he have his iphone specially equipped with a rotary dial?

yep

iphone-dial-retro.jpg
  • Options
    oneforeachdayoneforeachday Posts: 494
    so maybe I'm more computer savvy than some (er, um, most?), but I have literally "a few" ways to get my PJ news.

The number 1 way is this message board. Number 2 is an RSS feed from The Sky I Scrape (they pull stuff from TFT all the time... so it's like 2 in 1). Third is tenclub. I get emails, I don't get emails... whatev. Might be nice to have a more consistent feel... Maybe I'll go join the Warehouse for that (DMB for those that don't know). A fourth way is either myspace/facebook.

I use google reader for RSS feeds. I only have 10 feeds in my "priority 1" list (means I check or read them every day). TSIS stands out like a sore thumb when there's a new post (vs. say CNN.com which has 30 a day or more). Starting in March TSIS started heating up with the TEN re-release. So I started to pay a bit more attention to it. April 7th "Ticket Announcement Tommorrow!!" about the EV shows (their incorrect spelling, non mine). That and a bunch of other things lead me to here "the msg boards", where after reading about 5 threads I was able to get a vibe that there was something brewing.

Total time spent, about 1 hr, in ~2 months. (needed time, I spent a bit more commenting around with Calum and a few others on the Albany EV thread). Would I like to have everything including my PJ and EV tix handed to me on a silver platter? Duh. However, I have 2 small kids, and I have to work just as hard as ya'll at my day job to make sure I'm not next on the layoff list. life is hard for all of us.

To those who got tix, and bitched: wtf? grumpy for grumpy's sake? Eeyore has that job market cornered.
    To those who didn't get tix, and bitched: I'm sorry for your loss.
    To those who got tix and didn't bitch: you rock, let's party.
    To those who didn't get tix, and didn't bitch: you double rock. come to the Albany EV N1 pre-party, your 1st beer is on me.
    fine print: this is a limited time offer to 3 members who can prove that they didn't get tix and didn't bitch... LOL.

I thought i'd feel better after all that. don't really. I hope the RSS thing helped a few people for next time. PM if you have no idea wtf i'm talking about, but would like to know how to streamline your PJ incoming info! LOL.
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    norm wrote:

as some of the more anal retentive fans have found out, ed has an iphone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs

so if ed can be up to date and hip, should we be?

:mrgreen:

this is so fucking funny right here!! :lol:

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    To those who didn't get tix, and didn't bitch: you double rock. come to the Albany EV N1 pre-party, your 1st beer is on me.

People with no tickets should go to those pre-parties for real. There is always a huge possibility that someone will have an extra.

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    I understand the e-mail frustration, but i think the 10c does a pretty good job at satisfying people, you just don't read about it.

I bet for every 1 angry customer, there are 19 happy ones. not bad in my book.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    jck33jck33 Posts: 39
    I STILL haven't gotten the email. If i hadn't been on twitter, i wouldn't have known about the shows.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    It's now Wednesday and I have yet to get the email announcing the shows

I agree with the original poster though, if they can't get the emails out to EVERY club member, then they should not put the tickets on sale immediately after announcing the show
  • Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    Wilds wrote:
    I truly wish you had got tickets, but it is not a "right" of membership.

Can't say it any better than this. I'd like to hear of a fan club that has provided a better service for 15+ years, charging only $20/year to its fans. It's amazing what some people are expecting of the club for a paltry $20 annually.
  • Options
    I think someone mentioned this briefly already, but if you edit your profile on the site, you can change your contact settings. There are 2 checkboxes there. "Wants product emails" and "Wants news emails". If you haven't gotten these emails at all, you may want to check these settings
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    Let's not forget they are e-mailing about probably close to a half million people too and email's programs can't be counted on to be instant. I get emails on my blackberry before my actual email inbox all the time. There is always some gripe and they can't please everyone.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Staceb10 wrote:
    Let's not forget they are e-mailing about probably close to a half million people too and email's programs can't be counted on to be instant. I get emails on my blackberry before my actual email inbox all the time. There is always some gripe and they can't please everyone.

a half a million people?????

are you crazy, try about 40,000 not too much more

that's the estimated fan club membership last I heard

it doesn't affect me because i wouldn't be going to Chicago anyway, but if it did and I did not receive the email, I would certainly take issue with it. And it would be my right to.
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Staceb10 wrote:

it doesn't affect me because i wouldn't be going to Chicago anyway, but if it did and I did not receive the email, I would certainly take issue with it. And it would be my right to.
    I wish they'd condense the numbers down to how many are actually in the club. My number is up in the 300,000 or something.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    oneforeachdayoneforeachday Posts: 494
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Staceb10 wrote:

I wish they'd condense the numbers down to how many are actually in the club. My number is up in the 300,000 or something.
    Condensing the numbers would just give you the illusion that you have a better number. You'd (ok, maybe not YOU, but people in general) would then only have a reason to complain "why did my 10c seats suck so much, i have 30,xxx member number)... well, 30,xxx of 40,xxx kinda sux, and so did your seats. in the same vein, 300,000 of 43x,xxx (my guess at where we're at now) also sux (relative to that one guy going to Chicago with 5,xxx anyway).
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't receive any email. The day before the tickets went on sale I had emailed the Ten Club for the second time in a couple months as to why I couldn't post anything on the website. The day the tickets went on sale they responded saying my membership had expired. I only noticed the tickets were on sale by going to renew my membership and it turns out that I needed to have renewed it the day before in order to be eligible for tickets. So I didn't get any communication stating that tickets were going on sale nor did I get a heads up for a renewal for tickets. I never received an email because when the new site went up, it turns out I had two different accounts open which the ten club made me aware of that they consolidated them after noticing so. So i've paid for a membership every year for 10 years yet I received no heads up for tickets? And where the heck is our Christmas Single?

I understand that my membership had expired which is ultimately my fault, but come on....I never received an email, even though my settings have always been set to receive emails AND here was no couple day notice???

The good thing is, I was ready for the Chicago Night 2 Show in which I purchased 2 tickets. BUT, the email showed up way late, if it wasn't for twitter I probably wouldn't have caught it in time.
    ...........MemorieslikestatuesthroughthemIdriveliketreesonthesidesidewalksmoretreesevenstopsignS