Options

Picking Up Chicago Tix

Keep on JamminKeep on Jammin Posts: 377
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Will we be able to pick up tickets for both shows on Day 1. It would be nice if we didn't have to stand in line two days in a row.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    what line? it takes about 1-2 minutes to get your tickets....It will be end of August in Chicago, hardly a bad time to spend an extra 5 minutes outside.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    i agree it would be convenient, but the band does the tix day of the show to prevent scalpers from putting the best seats on stubhub/ebay.

if they were handed out a day earlier, there would be more of a chance they would go on craigslist or stubhub or ebay. something the band does not want.

they are doing a great fucking job if you ask me:

http://www.stubhub.com/pearl-jam-ticket ... 09-830386/

the best seats in the house are NOT on stubhub. nice work 10C
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    what line? it takes about 1-2 minutes to get your tickets....It will be end of August in Chicago, hardly a bad time to spend an extra 5 minutes outside.

They made it sound like there would be really long lines and you should come really early.
  • Options
    RO10987 wrote:
    voodoopug wrote:

They made it sound like there would be really long lines and you should come really early.
    I guess HARTFORD 08' was a disaster cause too many people waited till the last minute to get their tickets. I got there around 7 got my tix with no problem and didnt miss a second of the show. A friend of mine didnt get in until afdter the 9th song.....she was outside waiting in line!

My advice is to get there alittle early 'cause you just never know what may come up.
    CT Joe
    " to myself i surrender, to the one i'll never please"

May 13,2006...Hartford,CT back on the map!!!
  • Options
    I do hope they stick to the 11am distubution time. It would make my plans I have in the city so much easier.
    " to myself i surrender, to the one i'll never please"

May 13,2006...Hartford,CT back on the map!!!
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    Someone is apparently selling their Ten Club tickets for $1750.00 on stubhub .

Guaranteed first 15 Rows on the floor. Day of Pick Up Only?

hmmmmm
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I do hope they stick to the 11am distubution time. It would make my plans I have in the city so much easier.

How good are they about sticking to the posted time? I would hate to get there around 11 and get told to come back later.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    You know I didnt think about it earlier, but that 11AM start time would make it a lot easier for scalpers to grab their tickets and have a solid 8 hours to dump them (or prearrange sales).

That said - the lines at the UC i think are a little longer than normal because they only have two windows where some places they have 4-5 of them.

I dont think it will be horrible, but I definitely wouldnt screw around with waiting too long.

The tickets are predetermined, correct?
  • Options
    poto101 wrote:
    i agree it would be convenient, but the band does the tix day of the show to prevent scalpers from putting the best seats on stubhub/ebay.

if they were handed out a day earlier, there would be more of a chance they would go on craigslist or stubhub or ebay. something the band does not want.

but these seem like a 10c scalper:

http://www.stubhub.com/pearl-jam-ticket ... =188258761
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    poto101 wrote:

but these seem like a 10c scalper:

http://www.stubhub.com/pearl-jam-ticket ... =188258761

well the system isn't perfect. but let's think for a second, that's ONE guy selling tickets. theres thousands of 10C seats and only one obvious scalp. what more could they have done to prevent scalping besides checking ID's at the gate?
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)