Options

What is going on with the Toronto show.

JJ113141JJ113141 Posts: 3
edited June 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
I'm really upset. I haven't missed a pearl jam show in well over 10 years. I've been in the 10c and had no issues getting tour info and tickets anytime before. This Toronto show though is completely frustrating me. I was told THE DAY OF THE SALE that they would be playing, so I had no chance to prep for tickets, and last night it said tickets temporarily sold out? Now this morning it says "sold out". How can it be sold out? Did the 10c sell every ticket in the amphitheatre? Why didn't we hear about this any sooner than the DAY it happened? I'm really really upset at this. I tried the 800 number, got no answer, I emailed, got nothing there too. What is going on. :evil:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tsaraxtsarax Buffalo, NY Posts: 245
    Firstly, welcome to the forums!

Yeah, I really wish they had not done the notification as well as the sale in the same day. That makes it very hard for people to get tickets if they want to. I had alot of problems with the site yesterday afternoon, but I was able to get tickets. They don't offer 10club tickets for the entire venue. They just set a certain number aside for us fanclubbers and after those are gone, you'd have to buy them in the general sale.
    05-02-03 Buffalo; 07-12-03 Hershey; 09-13-05 Hamilton; 09-19-05 Toronto; 05-10-06 Toronto; 06-27-08 Hartford; 08-21-09 Toronto; 05-09-10 Cleveland; 05-10-10 Buffalo; 09-11-11 Toronto; 09-15-11 Hamilton; 07-16-13 London; 05-10-16 Toronto
  • Options
    tsarax wrote:
    Firstly, welcome to the forums!

Yeah, I really wish they had not done the notification as well as the sale in the same day. That makes it very hard for people to get tickets if they want to. I had alot of problems with the site yesterday afternoon, but I was able to get tickets. They don't offer 10club tickets for the entire venue. They just set a certain number aside for us fanclubbers and after those are gone, you'd have to buy them in the general sale.

Yeah, I realize that, but ZERO notice? I'm in the fanclub so I know what's going on before the general public. I felt like I got an email saying "Oh, btw, tickets are for sale right now you may want to click this link b4 they all disapear". And guess what? ALL GONE. I forgot I was in a club, who can't even get me info until it's too late. Not even 1 day to get ready to sit by the website and get tickets? Not even 1 day. Guess I get to have a great time buying overpriced ticketmaster tickets or scalper ripoffs. Hurray for that :roll:
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    the real question is...WHOS GOT AN XTRA FOR ME?
    sorry for shameless use of your thread :oops:
  • Options

Don't worry about it. I'm just royally mad and I feel like 10c is ignoring this issue. I have a feeling this whole thing was orcastrated over web traffic. They knew that EVERYONE would want a ticket so instead of having a system in place to absorb that kind of traffic they just sneak out an email when most of us are working our respectable jobs only for us to come home and find out seniority had -nothing- to do with it, but rather whoever sits by their PC 365 days out of the year waiting on magical anouncements to come in. Myself and 4 of my friends are beyond upset at this. All of us getting not so much as even an apology for the way this way handled.

=I'm leaving for work now. Hopefully you don't announce more concerts for sale in 38seconds, maybe there can be a notice of one that happened last week? Yeah I'm full of sarcasm, because I'm mad, at least it's not profanity.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    JJ113141 wrote:

Don't worry about it. I'm just royally mad and I feel like 10c is ignoring this issue. I have a feeling this whole thing was orcastrated over web traffic. They knew that EVERYONE would want a ticket so instead of having a system in place to absorb that kind of traffic they just sneak out an email when most of us are working our respectable jobs only for us to come home and find out seniority had -nothing- to do with it, but rather whoever sits by their PC 365 days out of the year waiting on magical anouncements to come in. Myself and 4 of my friends are beyond upset at this. All of us getting not so much as even an apology for the way this way handled.

yea i feel ya.
    i couldn't open tenclub for hours. had no chance of buying them
  • Options
    onePJfanonePJfan Posts: 57
    Hey like everything else, its being in the right place at the right time..the last two times I've tried to buy through 10C presale, when everyone was notified in advance, I was unable get obtain any 10C tickets due to server crashing issues..and had to but General Tickets..this time I'm in without a struggle..I guess its all how you look at it. General tickets go onsale ticketmaster on May 7. Good Luck.
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    It would be nice if someone working for 10 Club could at least give as an explanation as to why this happened? Was it a big screw up, or was it planned this way? Is it going to be happening all the time? If so, there's really no point in renewing my membership.
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    That's really weird, I got the e-mail on my blackberry and wasn't able to get to a computer to order the tickets for a couple hours but I had no problem with the system at all.
    2003 - Montreal, Toronto
    2005 - Ottawa, Toronto, Halifax
    2006 - Toronto 1, Toronto 2
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Montreal, Toronto 1, Toronto 2, Ottawa
    2016 - Ottawa, Fenway 1
    2018 - Fenway 1
    2020 - Ottawa

2008 - EV Solo Montreal
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    I got in from work at 9pm and got tix no problem.

--Colin
  • Options
    JS42804JS42804 Posts: 11
    I feel ya. I just hope they give us a little bit of notice before they tour the west coast or I'm probably screwed too. :oops:
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Posts: 43
    Completely agree with all that is being mentioned here.

I'm a pretty big fan of this fan club, and feel that there are some members that seriously take advantage of all that Kat, Sea, etc. do for the members. I've always been one to stand up for the administration when everyone may feel that they have been wronged, and never jump on the bandwagon to complain.

I too was travelling on business on Monday, and while I did make it home in time when there were still tickets available on the website, I was completely shut out due to a sign-in error. The last time I bought items from the goods website was tickets to see Eddie at Massey, and that was before the website was overhauled. Anyway, long story short, when I logged into the system, I was not recognized as a Ten Club memeber, and was shut out from buying tickets, even though I am paid up for the balance of this year.

I left a voicemail and sent an email to the club, and they did get back to me, which I appreciate, however by the time my sign in info could be rectified there were no more tickets available and now I will have to go without.

The response that I was given that a few months back, when the website was overhauled, an email blast was sent out to members instructing them of new sign in instructions. That said, as with multiple other ten club emails that have gone undelivered due to whatever reason I did not receive this notification.

I'm left utterly disappointed in this system, and while I caution myself before saying anything negative about the club and it's administration I guess I am going to have to live with it.
  • Options
    FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443
    I am pissed. I did not get presale tix, and Ticketmaster was sold out by 2:02. I was in the system at 2:00 (when they went on sale), and I GOT SHIT to quote Neil Young.
    I am so disappointed. I hope PJ announces a second show ASAP.
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • Options
    RiotActRiotAct Posts: 56
    If you expect the 10C to do things that make sense you are going to set yourself up for disappointment. See Hartford show last year when half the 10C members who were picking up their tickets missed half the show and the 10C was nowhere to be found or ever issued any apology or reason as to what was the problem.
  • Options
    Flyingw wrote:
    I am pissed. I did not get presale tix, and Ticketmaster was sold out by 2:02. I was in the system at 2:00 (when they went on sale), and I GOT SHIT to quote Neil Young.

yeah WTF eh, same thing happened to me. Was in right at 2pm. I was only trying for 2 tickets and it would not bring back a single set. How many are reserved for the 10C presale? And how many were reserved for the Edge presale yesterday? The place can hold 16000 people, even if 5000 went towards presales, you're telling me over 10000 were sold in a matter of 2 minutes?!
  • Options
    FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443
    The right solution to this for PJ and PJ managers is simple... a NEW TORONTO DATE, with plenty of notice to the 10c members, and plenty of tickets for us all. Chicago had an extra date added - why not Toronto? Also, perhaps choose a larger venue, like the ACC (not the Rogers Centre). I believe PJ does NOT want us to be gauged by ticket re-salers (scalpers - legal or otherwise). So let's make it happen.
    Keep up the comments in support of a NEW TORONTO DATE.
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • Options
    staz17staz17 Posts: 88
    I already have 10C tickets for the first toronto show but hell, I'd go to another one

roll out another toronto date
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    staz17 wrote:
    I already have 10C tickets for the first toronto show but hell, I'd go to another one

roll out another toronto date
    +1
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    AyeeeeAyeeee Posts: 80
    Man, got late word of the show, missed the presale, and barely squeaked in public sale tix in the LAST ROW. Thank God I got any at all but I'm only in the ten club for first dibs at the best seats, so much for that.
    "Believe in lies... to get by..."
  • Options
    dumperdumper Posts: 39
    Hey there,
    I have just been all the messages and didnt realize that how lucky i was. My friend emailed me around 5 pm the day of and luckily I logged into 10c and scored 2 tix but had he not emailed me i wouldhave been outta luck.
  • Options
    Nuzpaper.Nuzpaper. Posts: 112
    Flyingw wrote:

yeah WTF eh, same thing happened to me. Was in right at 2pm. I was only trying for 2 tickets and it would not bring back a single set. How many are reserved for the 10C presale? And how many were reserved for the Edge presale yesterday? The place can hold 16000 people, even if 5000 went towards presales, you're telling me over 10000 were sold in a matter of 2 minutes?!

Ticketmaster was nice enough to allocate the 10,000 remaining tickets to the likes of stubhub and friends
  • Options
    rrpj1979rrpj1979 Posts: 36
    TM...those bastards screwed me over too.

PJ PLEASE...SECOND T.O. DATE...MAKE IT HAPPEN!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    rrpj1979 wrote:
    PJ PLEASE...SECOND T.O. DATE...MAKE IT HAPPEN!

+ a million billion .. gazillion .. coco puffs!
    mmm .. coco puffs!

lordofthefiles_homer-drool.gif
  • Options
    Zillah13Zillah13 Posts: 101
    I'm screwed!!!!!!
    I've been a member of the fanclub for 16 years. I haven't missed Pearl Jam in Toronto in 15 years.
    This show will be the first time I haven't been there since '94.
    Man..... I wish I could put a Pearl Jam pic in here as my siggie!!!! LMFAO!!
  • Options
    CK189077CK189077 Posts: 15
    If anyone needs to unload tix for the Toronto show please IM me or send an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:chris.kimberley@gmail.com">chris.kimberley@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->

Thanks !