Options

SUper-8 camera at Pearl Jam shows?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,185
edited May 2009 in The Porch
I know videocameras etc are forbidden at Pj shows. But do you think there is any chance you could be allowed to get in a super-8 camera? If I'm going to Berlin I would like to document me and my friends trip with my camera. So it would be nice if you could get it into the arena too.

You think it's useless to mail 10c about it? I mean, 2:20minutes of film per roll without sound. Whats the harm in that? :)
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wldw10wldw10 Posts: 2
    Well, you'd probably have better luck in Berlin than getting it in than at a US Show. I LOVE Super 8mm & have brought it to a gig at the Metro in Chicago. Unless your real close, its going to be super dark. Now if your outside & its a early eve gig (not sure of the venue there) you'd have a much better shot. I say scrap the super 8mm & get your hands on a 16mm cam & really shot it doc style! Best of luck!
  • Options
    PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
    dude take a flip video...it's basically a vid cam with the convenience of a digi cam...it's small compact, fits in a pocket, or a purse, or something along those lines...works perfects...just take it out, turn it on, point and shoot
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,185
    Thanks for the advice. But the thing Is I would like to shoot it super8. video is not an option and 16mm is to expansive and too much of a project :)

Berlin is to my knowledge an "open" venue. So I think it would work out. Indoors the film turns pitch black with my cam (and the E 64T film im shooting).

But because of the "crudeness" and not being able to pick up sound I thought that maybe, maybe 10c could allow it. Would love to have this trip documented on film :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,016
    I seriously doubt it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
    Thanks for the advice. But the thing Is I would like to shoot it super8. video is not an option and 16mm is to expansive and too much of a project :)

Berlin is to my knowledge an "open" venue. So I think it would work out. Indoors the film turns pitch black with my cam (and the E 64T film im shooting).

But because of the "crudeness" and not being able to pick up sound I thought that maybe, maybe 10c could allow it. Would love to have this trip documented on film :)

i hear ya...film is truely a more genuine medium...though i'll admit i've fallen in love with the convenience and graphics of the digital medium as well
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i had a digital slr with just a basic wide angle lens with me when i went to the show in berlin - they wouldn't let me in with it ... i had no problems checking it in and getting it after the show tho ...
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,775
    Please respect the band's wishes and do not videotape.

The Taping Policy has been audio-only. Thank you.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.