Options

No 10C Section at Berlin???

EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Received the confirmation email today and it says this...

"There will be a special Ten Club entry procedure for this show. There will not be a special reserved fan club section inside the venue. More detailed information on this entry procedure will be emailed to you closer to the show date."

Anyone here go to the Berlin show in 2006? Can you shed light on this? I know it says more detailed information to come but my wife and I are flying in from California so we're hoping the "seats" will be worth it. Is Berlin general admission and 10c are simply let in first to scramble for a good spot?

Thanks in advance and hope to see some of you there.
Are you a screenwriter?
www.screenplaymechanic.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NoLogoNoLogo Posts: 289
    here´s a picture of the venue:
    http://www.wuhlheide.de/pix/galerie_02.jpg
    in front of the stage there are no seats and you have to stand. directly in front of the stage there will be an extra separated area, which is open to the first ones to be there - not necessarily 10c members as far as i know. seats are open to everyone, meaning you cannot claim a certain seat. you just take the one you can get. at least, this was how it was in 2006. so i guess it will be again general admission with early 10c entrance. hope this will help you! see you there!
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    That's too bad. The setup at the Dusseldorf show was amazing. It would be nice if all GA shows followed suit.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Thanks, NoLogo! Hey, I see you're from Germany. Can I ask... if you were going to stay in one area/neighborhood in Berlin where would it be? We also plan to rent a car so anything in the city or surrounding countryside that's a MUST-visit? Thanks again!
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    There will be a separate entrance for 10Club, the doors open for us anywhere from 5-15 min before the rest of the crowd(depending on how shitty the venue is that they have to let you in early). You have no time to get a poster or go to the bathroom or anything-literally run to the stage and be ready to have every elbow imaginable thrown at you, and it gets even crazier when the show starts. It's very, very tough but worth every single second.
    As long as you know what to expect, you'll be fine.
    Don't expect to be able to drink alcohol from the venue bar, don't expect to go to the bathroom, don't expect to be able to buy show memorabilia until after the show(what's left). Doing any of the above, you will certainly lose your spot.
    Wear extremely comfortable shoes! Bring layers because in Europe it can be cold in August especially when it rains.
    And MOST IMPORTANT, don't expect it to be an American show(even in the pit at the most rowdiest American show). If you go with an open mind and expect people to be in your space and if you can wrap your head around being slightly uncomfortable, hot or cold, hungry and thirsty~well then, when the show starts, you'll have one of the most amazing times of your life. I'm not kidding!
    At Arnhem in 2006, they had merchandise for sale outside, that was a real treat. Other than that, I don't think any of the venues allowed poster tubes.
    Good Luck
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    Thanks, NoLogo! Hey, I see you're from Germany. Can I ask... if you were going to stay in one area/neighborhood in Berlin where would it be? We also plan to rent a car so anything in the city or surrounding countryside that's a MUST-visit? Thanks again!
    If it's inside Berlin, I reckon you'll see a lot more in a more enjoyable way if you rode a bike around. Outside, too, since you can just take the bike onto the train.

Outside Berlin:
    Sachsenhausen for some Holocause stuff
    Potsdam for some nice palace and garden views
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Yes I think we all got a little excited about the early opening for Berlin...

My vivid imagination ran away for the 'special entry'.....a special ed ved solo preset perhaps etc etc but in reality when you calm down and sit back and relax a little you start to to realise you got a little over excited and it just means 'early entry'...
  • Options
    SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175
    I never realised it was an outdoor venue before, so to agree with IamMyself, wear layer! seriously! caue the chances are it will be the warmest AND the coldest day, within a matter of seconds, thats just europe for you! enjoy the concert everyone! see you there!
  • Options
    EvilRabbit wrote:

Hey EvilRabbit! I´m not from Berlin, but I have friends there, so I don´t know much about best places to stay (besides my friend´s home ;) ). But this is also discussed in the thread "Berlin crew 2009!!" in the "Given To Fly (live) forum. If you stay in Berlin, I would not rent a car, but use the public transportation services like U-/S-Bahn or busses, this is much easier. And for the MUST-visits... in Berlin there are so many places to see, this is really hard to tell and also depends on how much time you have. I will think about it... but I guess in the end you will have seen more of Berlin than I have ;)
    by the way, I don´t think that it will be that cold in Berlin in mid-August. Ok, you always can have a summer thunderstorm, but I´m quite confident that we will have a perfect summer day, similar to the day in September 2006 at the last PJ concert there :D
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips.

So if 10c members get early entry, can we head to the seats at the side of the stage, or is being in the raucous pit the only option?
    Are you a screenwriter?
  • Options
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    Thanks for the tips.

So if 10c members get early entry, can we head to the seats at the side of the stage, or is being in the raucous pit the only option?

Last time I didn´t have 10c tickets, but I guess when you are in at first, you can choose any seat/place you want.
  • Options
    ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    As far as I remember, they had wristbands for the section in front of the stage in 2006. they were given to us 10clubbers and the first people who made it in once the doors opened. so you could go out and at least make it back into the section. And if your spot was about 3rd row and back, you could make it back there. But if you plan on getting any closer to the stage, you could be in for a tough day...