Options

Terrible Predicament

quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
edited May 2009 in The Porch
I got fan club tix to to Ed solo at the Tower on 6/11 and ticketmaster tix for 6/12....come to find out, it's the same week as Bonnaroo. I'm supposed to be photographing Bonnaroo for a magazine, unpaid...it's great exposure and last year it was awesome, but now, do I give them notice one week before press credential deadline to find someone else and use my EV tix, or do I do Bonnaroo for the 3rd time? I'm really not excited by the line up this year, but it's a great photography experience and adds a ton to your portfolio, gets your name circulated, etc... If only I could get a photo pass to Ed's shows...*le sigh*...

There's also the option of trading my Philly 2 for Baltimore 2 and do it on my way back up from Tennessee...

HELP!
rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    We all love Eddie and the band, that's why they're all here, but you have to think about your career. I try and will continue to try to get to as many shows as I can, and it sucks you already have tickets, but when a hobby (and, let's face it, obsession) interferes with my life goals and plans, its time to reevaluate the situation. This is just my personal belief. Hope it helps.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Take the photography gig that is great exposure for you!
    But missing Eddie, ouch!
    I got fan club tix to to Ed solo at the Tower on 6/11 and ticketmaster tix for 6/12....come to find out, it's the same week as Bonnaroo. I'm supposed to be photographing Bonnaroo for a magazine, unpaid...it's great exposure and last year it was awesome, but now, do I give them notice one week before press credential deadline to find someone else and use my EV tix, or do I do Bonnaroo for the 3rd time? I'm really not excited by the line up this year, but it's a great photography experience and adds a ton to your portfolio, gets your name circulated, etc... If only I could get a photo pass to Ed's shows...*le sigh*...

There's also the option of trading my Philly 2 for Baltimore 2 and do it on my way back up from Tennessee...

HELP!
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    Eddie would go..........to Roo!!!
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I agree....Roo without a doubt
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!