Options

Merkin Ball. Why?

13»

Comments

• Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,408
    My theory? (based on nothing whatsoever)

I think it was going to be called Wrecking Ball (hence the artwork), maybe as a nod to Neil's song. Maybe the record company had a problem with that (like they had a problem with PJ's name being on the Mirror Ball cover) & they had to change it & come up with something random.

But what I think really happened was this: Someone (ed?) had handwritten that title somewhere, & someone else (let's say neil) saw it, couldn't quite read the writing, and said "Hahaha! I thought it said Merkin Ball". They had a big laugh about that, and Ed said "Fuck it. Let's just call it Merkin Ball anyway. That'll fuck with fans' heads for 14 years or so."

And here we are...
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    My theory? (based on nothing whatsoever)

I think it was going to be called Wrecking Ball (hence the artwork), maybe as a nod to Neil's song. Maybe the record company had a problem with that (like they had a problem with PJ's name being on the Mirror Ball cover) & they had to change it & come up with something random.

But what I think really happened was this: Someone (ed?) had handwritten that title somewhere, & someone else (let's say neil) saw it, couldn't quite read the writing, and said "Hahaha! I thought it said Merkin Ball". They had a big laugh about that, and Ed said "Fuck it. Let's just call it Merkin Ball anyway. That'll fuck with fans' heads for 14 years or so."

And here we are...

ha. pretty good man!