Options

For Those W/Hearing Loss: Better Than Headphones! Try This!!

IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
edited May 2009 in The Porch
http://www.tecear.com/Music_Link.htm

I've enjoyed headphones when listening to music with my cochlear implant... but it's still challenging at times - still need captioning to hear words... I can't explain it....sometimes it's not clear hearing certain instruments at times or the voice is "drowned" out. It's quite hard to explain.

But anyway, I heard about Music Links and comments on how it's really better than headphones from some people who use hearing aids and cochlear implants.

So I finally saved up and ordered one... and got it just now!

WOW!!!

While I still need caption to EV's words... I can hear him singing clearer! This is just from listening to this "Black" version here at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFVlJAi3Cso

I loved listening to that before... but with his voice surfacing up much more, I almost gasped for air and hair standing up on my neck! ::shudder::

Ahh, how I wish I had iPod! :(

Anyway, when you use this device, switch to "T" from the "M" mode....and bam! Clearer sound quality with no distracting background noises! I hear nothing but only music when I plug into my PC... how awesome is that!

Just thought I'd share with those who have hearing aids or know of someone who wears hearing aids/implants and enjoys listening to music with headphones.... tell them to try this out!

Oooohhhh... I'm still feeling high just from listening to that video! Groans... I have to go outside and work in the yard. :(
JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
EV: It's your band.
~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    Hey Mel that's awesome! It brought a big smile to my face while reading this :) I'm so happy for you!!!!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Hey Mel that's awesome! It brought a big smile to my face while reading this :) I'm so happy for you!!!!
    :mrgreen: Thanks Laura! :oops: :mrgreen:

It's really cool...because the kids do get annoyed when I turn the sound all the way up with headphones and they can still hear the music playing. Now they don't have to worry! ;)

I just had to listen to it again before going back outside!

My audiologist thinks I'm crazy...cuz I'm always bugging her for another letter to send to the insurance for the other ear and I'm always denied. But I am not giving up...I told her she's lucky she's not dealing with my mother because she's far more persistent than I am! ;)

I was joking around with Bobby about "stalking" the soundboard technician at a show and EV being confused cuz he thought I was stalking him.

EV thinking he's all alone and safe to smoke outside with his soundboard technician not too far behind him inside... and he sees me when he lights up his cigarette with my crazy smile and determined face.

"Oh shit...I thought my stalking days was over, fuck!" EV thinks to himself and tries to text his bodyguard, but too late because I'm already running towards him.

He looks mortified and puts his hands up to stop, "Please...."

But I'm running past him and stop dead at his soundboard technician's feet, patting and while I'm trying to catch my air, I'm pulling out my pants pocket...

*duck! Call 911! She's got something in her pocket!!* Everyone gets down on the floor.

I'm pulling out my ear plug and unzip my jacket, showing my T-shirt that says "Plug my ear!"

*crowd groans* "This isn't something we see everyday..."

Get the the security and get this crazy woman out of here!

"Nooooo! Please plug my ear!!! Plluuhheeassee!!!" *dragged away*

I'm in such a silly mood today.... Bobby is looking at me like I'm crazy and says I look too happy! ;):mrgreen:

Anyway, no... I wouldn't go that far. ;)

However if I ever bump into the head of the soundboard team, I might have the nerve to say something: "Hello... I have an odd request to ask....please plug my ear at the soundboard?"
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII