Options

Press Release from 02 Arena

The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,394
edited April 2009 in The Porch
"Pearl Jam announced today a handful of special performances in the United Kingdom, Germany and the Netherlands. Concerts are scheduled to take place on August 13 in Rotterdam, August 15 in Berlin, August 17 in Manchester and August 18 at The O2 in London. The band anticipates a return to Europe for a full-scale tour in the months following the release of their next album, which is tentatively planned for this Fall."
2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
2009: Manchester
2010: Belfast, Berlin
2012: Manchester I & II
2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,943
    The Rock wrote:
    "Pearl Jam announced today a handful of special performances in the United Kingdom, Germany and the Netherlands. Concerts are scheduled to take place on August 13 in Rotterdam, August 15 in Berlin, August 17 in Manchester and August 18 at The O2 in London. The band anticipates a return to Europe for a full-scale tour in the months following the release of their next album, which is tentatively planned for this Fall."
    That makes sense, actually. Go debut some new album tracks in Europe, see how they work out, bring on the hype about a new album, play their scheduled festivals and some assorted shows to kill time (ala Toronto) then back to Europe.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Niiiiiiiiiiice 8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    This could get expensive...
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    thanks for posting, i think i'm gonna wait for amsterdam/barcelona/italy and while i'm at it prague/croatia/cologne
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    McJuicy wrote:
    thanks for posting, i think i'm gonna wait for amsterdam/barcelona/italy and while i'm at it prague/croatia/cologne
    Great minds think alike :) See you in Italy. :ugeek:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    "in the months following the release of their next album"

September is the new album (according to one S. Gossard) so months following could mean anything upto and including the beginning of 2010!

I don't think they'll tour in the Winter as it's close to Christmas, they all have families and it's bloody cold in Europe around then! I'm hoping for a Spring/Summer 2010 Euro tour 8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    "in the months following the release of their next album"

September is the new album (according to one S. Gossard) so months following could mean anything upto and including the beginning of 2010!

I don't think they'll tour in the Winter as it's close to Christmas, they all have families and it's bloody cold in Europe around then! I'm hoping for a Spring/Summer 2010 Euro tour 8-)

That would be convenient for me - Pearl Jam, please note ;)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    Hopefully more UK dates. Altho wouldn't mind a reason to got Rome/Milan 8-)
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i would love a 2010 summer europe tour!!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    very cool news. we'd love to travel over there & see them play, but can't make the 4 day mini-tour at all. nice to know that they're heading back to Europe for a full tour after the record is released. i've always wanted to see them in Europe....the energy seems absolutely amazing. good news! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    This news makes me way too happy. Really. I should relax.
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    That's fantastic and helpful, thanks so much for posting this.
    I really don't understand why they tell the arena and don't tell us?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    You know what, I think THIS IS their way of telling us... They're actually saying, stay home people! Relax! they'll be another tour! Let some European people see some European shows! :lol: In a non confronting way, of course..
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,394
    einatshaul wrote:
    meme wrote:
    You know what, I think THIS IS their way of telling us... They're actually saying, stay home people! Relax! they'll be another tour! Let some European people see some European shows! :lol: In a non confronting way, of course..

I like their way of thinking if that's the case, I'm sick of Americans being all over the Euro shows :p
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    That sounds like a plan ... *getting ready for a nice euro tour 2010* !!!
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    To me it sounds like flowery journalist speak. The band says something like "don't worry we'll be back after the album's released" and then journalists turn that into "they'll be back in the months following the album's release" and the fans get excited. It'd be nice if they came back in 2010, but I still think it's more likely they'll be back 2011, especially if they keep only coming back during the summer.

Sorry to be the pessimist :( but if a 2010 tour does happen I guess I'll be even more elated :D
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    fowls wrote:
    To me it sounds like flowery journalist speak. The band says something like "don't worry we'll be back after the album's released" and then journalists turn that into "they'll be back in the months following the album's release" and the fans get excited. It'd be nice if they came back in 2010, but I still think it's more likely they'll be back 2011, especially if they keep only coming back during the summer.

Sorry to be the pessimist :( but if a 2010 tour does happen I guess I'll be even more elated :D

You're probably right about the flowery journalist speak ... but I prefer to be optimist.
    And if they don't come back in 2010, it's no big deal. I'll see them on another continent ... well, if money is still around.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Several articles have mentioned this...
  • Options
    of course it's in 09, right at the release of the Album, whats the point otherwise??
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    edited April 2009
    einatshaul wrote:
    of course it's in 09, right at the release of the Album, whats the point otherwise??
    They've given Europe quite a lot of tours over the past few years (admittedly after a big drought). They may choose to play Australia and South America first out of the foreign tours, they haven't been nearly as fortunate. Including US legs, that means there could be 4 legs of tour before they come back to Europe. They'll obviously be back to tour the new album in Europe sometime, but how soon is purely down to how they choose to prioritise touring. Financially speaking it makes the most sense to tour US, then Europe, then Australia, then SA, but in fairness Australia and SA deserve it much more than we do.

I'll be more than happy if they do return so soon, but I definitely won't be expecting it. I think spending time with south american fans has softened me a bit :oops:
    Post edited by Pauk on
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    great news, cant see them doing europe before a u.s tour though :D:D:D
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    They must be talking 2010 because I don't see how else they can fit in a "full European tour" given what already appears to be going on in September, October and November.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Hahahaha. Yet again news that could have and SHOULD have been given by the Ten Club. Thanks again for keeping us in the dark and letting others break the news. I guess they figured they would sell more tickets for the mini-tour if they didn't tell us about the large scale tour yet. Unreal.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Hahahaha. Yet again news that could have and SHOULD have been given by the Ten Club. Thanks again for keeping us in the dark and letting others break the news. I guess they figured they would sell more tickets for the mini-tour if they didn't tell us about the large scale tour yet. Unreal.

It is possible that it is not official about them returning to Europe.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930

Yeah, I'm sure the O2 Arena press person just decided to add that line on a whim without any sort of word from the band regarding it.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886

Yeah, I'm sure the O2 Arena press person just decided to add that line on a whim without any sort of word from the band regarding it.

True, I see your point, and in a few months, which may be 9 or 10 months from now, plans could change. And I am sure if they were to announce now somehthing like that and then change it, everyone would be crying about that.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...