Options

Bruce in Atlanta next week (PJ Related)

springsteenfanspringsteenfan Posts: 381
edited April 2009 in The Porch
So if PJ is still in Atlanta next week, what are the odds that Eddie makes an appearance at the Springsteen? I would sell my soul to th devil to see that happen!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    what, no one wants to reply? I would ejaculate on the people in front of me if that happens next week!
  • Options
    somebody needs to respond to my psycho fantasies!
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    What are they even doing in Atlanta next week?
  • Options
    What are they even doing in Atlanta next week?

Recording at Soutern Tracks Studio, silly billy gum drops!
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    From what I heard, they were recording in LA for this album.
  • Options
    Bruce sucks
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options

They are in Atlanta as we speak. The entire band was at the Atlanta Film Festival the other night. Brendan O'Brien's studio is in the ATL.
  • Options
    Bruce sucks

That's like, your opinion man!
  • Options
    Just messin with ya, :mrgreen:
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
  • Options
    Bruce sucks

+6,506,678,459

No, really, he does fucking suck!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    Bruce sucks

+6,506,678,459

No, really, he does fucking suck!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    It'd be cool if Ed showed up, but who's to say they'll be around for another week, it would have been better if the Bruce show was this sunday not next.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    That would be cool, but I still don't know why the heck PJ would be in Atlanta.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    what, no one wants to reply? I would ejaculate on the people in front of me if that happens next week!

:shock: wow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    mfc2006 wrote:

:shock: wow.

My words exactly...
  • Options
    It'd be cool if Ed showed up, but who's to say they'll be around for another week, it would have been better if the Bruce show was this sunday not next.

What would be "cool" about Ed singing with "the Boss?" Fucking gross...it's bad enough Ed rolls his fucking shirt sleeves and plays up the everyday American bullshit like Bruce does...Unemployable is the 'new' fucking Glory Days and I think it's a cheap copy of something that sucked to begin with...Bruce Springsteen is NOTHING for Ed to want to be......Dead Man smoked Dead Man Walking and just because douche bag Tim Robbins told Ed that they were picking Bruce's song for the movie because he was "Bruce" is fucking political bullshit.......... :evil:
  • Options
    KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    You should probably have another listen to Born To Run, or Darkness On The Edge of Town, Magic or Nebraska.
    You should also go to see Springsteen live. It's an education in performance. Even now, when his band are all 55+, he plays for just around three hours - with no bullshit encore breaks. I saw him a couple of times last year, and the gig was three hours long. He left the stage for precisely 1 minute. Not many acts have the ability or inclination to do that.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Options
    Kinsey wrote:
    You should probably have another listen to Born To Run, or Darkness On The Edge of Town, Magic or Nebraska.
    You should also go to see Springsteen live. It's an education in performance. Even now, when his band are all 55+, he plays for just around three hours - with no bullshit encore breaks. I saw him a couple of times last year, and the gig was three hours long. He left the stage for precisely 1 minute. Not many acts have the ability or inclination to do that.

I can accept that without any issue, I just don't think that PJ and the Boss should be uttered in the same breath. ;)
  • Options
    Fair enough, but it seems to me that EV is trying to go down the Bruce Springsteen road at the moment. Springsteen is well known for putting out solo albums in between band albums, and touring with them. EV is doing the same. The difference, at least for now, is that EV is not in Springsteen's league as a solo song writer/performer. Yet.

Personally, I think that the two of them together could do a great job on a song or two. If he can play with Ben Harper, he can play with Springsteen!
  • Options
    Kinsey wrote:
    Fair enough, but it seems to me that EV is trying to go down the Bruce Springsteen road at the moment. Springsteen is well known for putting out solo albums in between band albums, and touring with them. EV is doing the same. The difference, at least for now, is that EV is not in Springsteen's league as a solo song writer/performer. Yet.

Personally, I think that the two of them together could do a great job on a song or two. If he can play with Ben Harper, he can play with Springsteen!

I agree that he is trying awfully hard to be a 'Boss' type figure, which I think is a real negative...I'm not a tremendous fan of his stuff with Ben Harper* either, for the record...

*I think who you associate yourself with is very important, and I think Ben Harper is scetchy and so is Pete Townshend for that matter, but I guess artists are cut from a different cloth...but if that means you beat women and get off on naked children, then they can keep that cloth far away from me.
  • Options

I agree that he is trying awfully hard to be a 'Boss' type figure, which I think is a real negative...I'm not a tremendous fan of his stuff with Ben Harper* either, for the record...

*I think who you associate yourself with is very important, and I think Ben Harper is scetchy and so is Pete Townshend for that matter, but I guess artists are cut from a different cloth...but if that means you beat women and get off on naked children, then they can keep that cloth far away from me.

Yep, the man simply plays does better work with Pearl Jam. Trying to be Springsteen isn't necessarily a negative, but it's the material that is the ultmiate arbiter, and ITW just isn't a great album. However, it might have been great with Pearl Jam full band treatment.

Now, if EV were to put out a Nebraska, or Devils and Dust, that would be a different story...I would certainly consider going to see him solo then.

I don't know much about Townshend's or Harper's personal lives, so I won't comment on those.
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    I guess I do not see the "want to be the Boss thing." Springsteen is always out there in front at every big event--kinda like Bono. That is not who Ed seems to be at all. If you have ever tried to write a song you would know that sometimes you just want to do your own thing. That does not mean you do not like to work with others but sometimes your thoughts and ideas are just yours. Sometimes it does not work in a group. To be in the music industry this long and only just now see Eddie doing some things on his own says a lot about his respect for the band. Don't you think Sony probably asked him to do this 10 years ago? Ed associates with a lot of people--some we might like some we might not but it is his life not ours. I like seeing Ed do some things on his own. In the end is it not more music? Is that a bad thing?
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    I'm not suggesting that EV is trying to emulate Bruce Springsteen in terms of activism or public presence. I'm suggesting that in terms of musical evolution, he may be. That's not a criticism. Nor is it something that should bother people. I'm just using Springsteen as an example of how well a performer can combine a solo career with an established, hugely popular band.

EV has certainly been growing in confidence as a songwriter and performer in the last few years. ITW and the solo shows attest to that. There's nothing to stop him from being as good at Springsteen as putting out full band albums and solo material, but I suppose he and Pearl Jam have a long way to go to match Springsteen's recent output - 4 albums of original material, one album of folk covers and five world tours in the last seven years. I'd love to see Pearl Jam tour and produce music that regularly again!
  • Options
    And no, I don't think that Sony would have pushed EV to tour solo ten years ago.
  • Options

They are in Atlanta as we speak. The entire band was at the Atlanta Film Festival the other night. Brendan O'Brien's studio is in the ATL.

Just because they were in Atlanta for the FF and BOB studio is in Atlanta doesnt mean they are recording in Atlanta.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options

Just because they were in Atlanta for the FF and BOB studio is in Atlanta doesnt mean they are recording in Atlanta.

Saw Mike at Southern Tracks yesterday. They are definitely recording there.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    kevedward wrote:
    Saw Mike at Southern Tracks yesterday. They are definitely recording there.

I thought they were mixing and mastering here in atlanta, but whatever it is very cool they are still here. It would be awesome if EV came out and did a song at the Bruce show as i will be there too.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I think if Ed is still in Atlanta he might want to get out to hear Bruce just to have a break from work! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    They are in Atlanta as we speak. The entire band was at the Atlanta Film Festival the other night. Brendan O'Brien's studio is in the ATL.[/quote]

Just because they were in Atlanta for the FF and BOB studio is in Atlanta doesnt mean they are recording in Atlanta.[/quote]

Saw Mike at Southern Tracks yesterday. They are definitely recording there.[/quote]

Cool. What time were you there? I'm not going to work tomorrow for traffic court, maybe I'll swing by afterwards and see what I can see. Southern Tracks isn't too far from me.
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    So I was at the Bruce show tonight, and think I saw Ed, or somebody who looked close to him at the bottom of Sec. 102 in the first row by the stage. Anybody else go to the show and think they saw him?