Options

Question about Eddie Solo

ARazorbackguy1ARazorbackguy1 Posts: 456
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Does he just play on stage by himself the whole time or is there a drummer that plays too?
Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    he wears a kick drum on his back and cymbals on his shoes with a monkey playing accordion
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    edited April 2009
    Just Eddie.... unless he brings out a special guest.

Also on the last tour he brought Liam Finn and (can't remember her name... Elizibeth) on stage for a couple/three songs.

EDIT: Eliza sounds familiar. Eliza Barnes or something?
    Post edited by Wilds on
  • Options
    JonhenryJonhenry Posts: 228
    IT's just him on stage. He does have a box that has a peddle on it like the bass drum that he plays at the same time.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks. I just wasn't sure what to expect, other than a kick ass show.

What should I expect from Liam Finn?
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    He'll probably play some music :roll: ....It's good, sit back and enjoy.
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    BG83010 wrote:

Liam Finn is AMAZING.

I can't describe it other than awesome.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    BG83010 wrote:
    Amazing drumming!!
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    I think he wants me to go on tour with him and play bass for him at all his shows.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    he wears a kick drum on his back and cymbals on his shoes with a monkey playing accordion
    I nearly spit out my water laughing at this! :D
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335

:lol::lol::lol:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    BG83010 wrote:

He is kind of a one man band who uses loops and plays multiple instruments. The only guy I can think to compare him to is Keller Williams who I am not sure how many people here even know Keller, but he is supposed to be at the Pete Seeger concert with Eddie too. Liam is a little more abstract and dissident like Sonic Youth where Keller is much more hippy dippy. I saw Eddie in Newark and I thought Liam was going to be some kind of singer songwriter folky type, but he came out and started bashing away at the drums and I realized I was in for something different. He was awesome. He and the girl he performed with also sat in with Eddie on a few tunes. Most of the show was just Eddie on guitar by himself. All his solo stuff, a few covers and some selected Pearl Jam tunes. Hard Sun used pre recorded music and Eddie danced around the stage. Great show.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.