EV Nashville Pre-Party Fundraiser!!!

kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
edited June 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
Host & Volunteers:

kcherub, cuontheflipside (or "kcherub's bitch" or mouthfulloftums, take your pick), eddiewouldknow, alivenmine
Date:

Thursday June 18, 2009

Time:

2-6 p.m.

Where:

Big River Grille & Brewery
111 Broadway
Nashville, TN 37201

Beneficiary:

Nashville Cares
http://www.nashvillecares.org

Fundraiser Gifts w/Donations:

Super-cool Wishlist stuff

Fundraiser Give-a-way/Auction Items (and where they are coming from):

1. dpphoto: EV "Into the Wild" shirt XL, Toronto 2006 Poster (Kool Aid Man), Italy 2006 Poster (Skulls/Butterfly), Ames Bros Cowboy Gun Barrell Poster
2. demetrios: box of D's lovin' goodness PLUS "Surprise After Gift"
3. behigh90104: VFC St Louis (Cheney) poster, 00 boots (7" and a cd single or 2, tentatively)
4. kcherub: INTW cd, INTW book, (2) EV Chicago 08 poster
5. mysameoldfriend: Binaural CD (Japanese Import with bonus disc, purchased in London), Bushleaguer Promo Single Vinyl
6. TBA n2deep
7. TBA blind3
8. eddiewouldknow: limited edition "Team McCready" CCFA t-shirt
9. John Auston Bridges: 4 passes to the Frist Center, 4 passes to the Country Music Hall of Fame, 4 passes to Cheekwood, $50 Bricktop's gift card, Allium gift card
10. TBA Fletcher Foster
11. TBA satansredmosquito
12. boxorbag: Philadelphia 06' poster, Halifax poster, Nova Scocia 05' poster, EV Batman poster.

Give-a-way/Auction Donations Needed:

If it's PJ, or really anything cool, and you got it--we'll take it!

RSVP:

1. kcherub
2. cuontheflipside
3. eddiewouldknow
4. mysameoldfriend
5. loadedgun
6. vedder4prez
7. dpphoto
8. satansredmosquito
9. behigh901 +1
10. scb +1
11. n2deep +1
12. blind3
13. ponytd +1 or 3
14. whodey +1
15. arcticangel
16. pissbottleman (tentatively) :)
17. mm119948 +1
18. j_web18 (+1 tentatively)
19. alivenmine
20. apc (+3)
21. j_web18 (tentatively)
22. atpeacewithmylust (+ royals55)
23. mnpjgrrl
24. boxorbag (+1 or 2)
25. apc (+3)
26. debev1980 (tentatively)
27. greenmanny (+1)
28. mc270081
29. anschach (+1)
30. rodent (+1)
31. goo
32. bh22295
33. chew+1
Let me know if I missed your RSVP!!!

Please post your RSVP on this thread.

Holiday Inn Express on Broadway group rate: $109 (including breakfast). Shuttle service is available, but it is within a stumbling (um, walking) distance from The Ryman! Please call 615.244.0150 with the group name "Krista". Original, I know. It should be all set up, but if you have any problems reserving, please let me know and I will take care of it!

Take care,
Krista
I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mysameoldfriendmysameoldfriend Tennessee Posts: 227
    RSVP:

I'm in! Can't wait actually, Nashville Cares is a great cause!

.....I will also try to dig out something to donate!

Thanks in advance for all the hard work and preparation of putting it together.
  • kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Cool! We go up for Artrageous every year, and I am so excited to be involved with this! I will add you to the list! :)

Thanks!!!

• dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
    One thing you may want to consider is a non-smoking place as opposed to a smoking one, especially if its going to be inside. I dont smoke but I dont avoid smoking places either but there might be people who do or maybe have to (pregnant, health concerns, etc).

It will be summer so Rippy's would be a great place (smoking). They have a large rooftop patio that would be the perfect space. They host radio station remotes on the roof so there is plenty of room and its about 60 yards from Ryman. The only downside would be the weather factor if it were to rain or if it's blazing hot/humid as Nashville often is in June.

Broadway Brewhouse (smoking) is one of my hangouts and they would have a good space but you would need to talk to them directly about where you could set up, etc. They dont have an outdoor area.

Baileys is also an option. They too have an outside patio upstairs with plenty of space. I dont go there often so I'm not certain if it' smoking or not. If the meetup is outside it likely wouldnt matter anyhow however you still have the weather factor.

One more thing... when I went to the show in SD, the pre-party was at a bar that was also doing a radio remote. It might be cool to find out if one of the radio stations (102.9) might be doing a remote that day and if its at a bar downtown have the party at the same place.

I'll see what else I can think of.
    Thanks for the ideas!!! I had hoped for a place that would have an outdoor space as well. I will look into those--okay to PM you for feedback?

• loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    RSVP-I'll be there. I was at one for the Chicago show last summer and didn't really meet anyone (too shy I guess) but had a good time either way.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait.....Cant wait........CANT WAIT!!!!!!! :D
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 790
    I think we should do upstairs patio at Rippys.. Not a fan of Bailey's

Can't wait!
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
    loadedgun wrote:
    RSVP-I'll be there. I was at one for the Chicago show last summer and didn't really meet anyone (too shy I guess) but had a good time either way.

Glad you will be there! You will meet US!!! :)

I think we should do upstairs patio at Rippys.. Not a fan of Bailey's

Can't wait!

Thanks for the input! It is appreciated!!!

LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha...mouthfulloftums. :)

• kcherub wrote:
    LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha...mouthfulloftums. :)

poor man............ :oops:

this is what he will look like.... :cry:

:lol::lol:
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
    Sam's Sushi would be the best place :)
    Nashville '00
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
    kcherub wrote:
    Thanks for the ideas!!! I had hoped for a place that would have an outdoor space as well. I will look into those--okay to PM you for feedback?

Sure thing... PM or email...whateva !
    dpphoto wrote:
    kcherub wrote:

You coming? I get giddy every time I add someone to the RSVP list. LOL

WAIT A SECOND ! DUH.... just remembered Broadway Brewhouse DOES have an outdoor area. It's kinda new and I never sit there but its an option. It's not really "in the action" of the place but its an option you might want to check out. Its outside and covered so there will be shade or coverage from rain. It actually might be a good place....again, its in the back of the bar but that might not be so bad. Up to you.

If you park in the lot behind BB its the covered area just outside their back door. If you are in front of BB, walk inside towards the restrooms in the back, you'll see the rear door and covered patio.

There are tables and seating out there and servers will serve there if people are out there (you may want to doublecheck me on that, i have seen it).

Sorry...totally forgot about that. I never really pay much attention its just the area where we go in and not a party/patio space.

have a look
    kcherub wrote:
    dpphoto wrote:
    kcherub wrote:

You coming? I get giddy every time I add someone to the RSVP list. LOL

Yes.... plan on me to donate as well. I was very fortunate in San Diego pre-party. I actually won twice in the rafel so I need to give back. ;)
    dpphoto wrote:
    WAIT A SECOND ! DUH.... just remembered Broadway Brewhouse DOES have an outdoor area. It's kinda new and I never sit there but its an option. It's not really "in the action" of the place but its an option you might want to check out. Its outside and covered so there will be shade or coverage from rain. It actually might be a good place....again, its in the back of the bar but that might not be so bad. Up to you.

If you park in the lot behind BB its the covered area just outside their back door. If you are in front of BB, walk inside towards the restrooms in the back, you'll see the rear door and covered patio.

There are tables and seating out there and servers will serve there if people are out there (you may want to doublecheck me on that, i have seen it).

Sorry...totally forgot about that. I never really pay much attention its just the area where we go in and not a party/patio space.

have a look

that's a good idea as well.. I'm just a fan of Rippy's considering the weather should be perfect. So much fun to sit up there and watch everything going on. Would me more in the spotlight there and could probably get more people to walk up if they saw us there. The bar is covered up there right? Worst case if it rains we can move downstairs. Not like it will be that crowded early in the day
    Nashville '00
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
    dpphoto wrote:

have a look

that's a good idea as well.. I'm just a fan of Rippy's considering the weather should be perfect. So much fun to sit up there and watch everything going on. Would me more in the spotlight there and could probably get more people to walk up if they saw us there. The bar is covered up there right? Worst case if it rains we can move downstairs. Not like it will be that crowded early in the day

Yeah... just trying to come up with as many options as possible. I agree Rips would be the best spot overall with the action going on, outside, etc. Food is pretty good there too. Yeah..the bar is covered upstairs and its and you are correct about moving inside. Not much going on at Rips on a Thursday at 2-6. I wonder if we agreed to have a "party" there we could get a deal on food/drinks as a group. The more people we have on the RSVP list the better to sell it to them.
    Bump. :)

• OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    I will make an appearance.. +1 for sure +2 if my other friend gets off of work in time.. Will search for a donation.. My ITW vinyl? Just Kidding.. Will come up with something to give though definitly not that elaborate.. One of my buds owned an indie store in the 90s I will see if he has any PJ promo shit leftover still..
  • Me and my girlfriend are probably in for this meet up before the concert.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Thursday, June 18: Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium
    Where: TBA
    When: TBA
    Organizer(s): kcherub, cuontheflipside, eddiewouldknow
    Beneficiary: Nashville Cares
    Thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=97195

Updated the EV fundraiser summary thread! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    Thank you, Laura!!! :)

• __ Posts: 6,651
    I'm hoping to be there! Just scored 2 singles on Ticketmaster! :D
  • Please pick somewhere that ppl under 21 can get in, because my gf will still be under 21.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Please pick somewhere that ppl under 21 can get in, because my gf will still be under 21.

I agree, as I'm hoping to bring my 16-year-old cousin.
    Please pick somewhere that ppl under 21 can get in, because my gf will still be under 21.

Okay, gotcha. I will have the location pinned down this week...

• N2DeepN2Deep Posts: 16
    Count on two from Oklahoma City, plus an item or two for the raffle. I'll PM you that info; thanks for setting this up.
    2003: OKC, San Antonio, Nawlins, B'ingham, LV, Holmdel
    2005: Vancouver
    2006: LV, The Gorge x2
    2007: Lolla
    2008: WPB, Tampa
    2009: Chicago x2, Seattle x2, ACL Taping, ACL, Philly 1
    2011: PJ20 Destination Weekend x2
    2013: Wrigley, and more?
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Rippy's is open for anyone under the age of 21 cause I've seen kids in there eating with their parents before Predator games. Unless they've changed the policy in the last month. There's also Hard Rock Cafe which isn't but a couple of blocks down the street if everything else falls through. I'll be stopping by before the show but I don't really have anything to donate. Man I can't wait for this show.
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'm in for Nashville and Memphis. Look forward to the pre-parties. Will find raffle items for each.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff