Options

10 years ago today

PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
edited April 2009 in The Porch
I don't know if the Porch is the right place for it but today is the 10th year anniversary of Columbine High-School massacre and I think it's important to think about the victims and their families today.
http://www.columbinememorial.org/
Shows:
Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    All my rivals will see what I have in store,... my gun
    I've been harboring fleets in this resevoir,... red sun...
    And this nation's about to explode...

Your disciples are riddled with metaphors,... well hung..
    Better pony up, bring both your barrelfuls,.. not one...
    As we release this unspeakable toll...

(Every grain of sand equals)
    (All the stars and everyone)

How's our mother to damn these contributors...with mud?

How will the man who made chemicals difficult...shed blood?

How's our father supposed to be told?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    10 years... damn, time's flown...

I don't think anyone will ever forget this tradegy. I was 15 at the time and in school myself - I couldn't, and still can't, even begin to imagine how anyone in Columbine felt that day...

My thoughts are with the families of those killed and the people who are left to deal with the mental and physical scars.

I think I may need to listen to Rival now...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    and of course its also my birthday
  • Options
    there was sooooo much more to this story than you were told about on the news!!!
  • Options
    there was sooooo much more to this story than you were told about on the news!!!

There was. I read a huge artical about it recently - the media got things very, very wrong in places.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Amazing how so close to the 10 year anniversary of Columbine, the NRA release a 'year free' promotion...

https://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/accept-membership.asp

• Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    I was only 6 when it happened so I don't remember that day very well, my parents didn't let me and my siblings watch tv that day, But seeing news reports later its just terrible words can't describe it.
    The image thats had the most impact on me is the picture of Daniel Rohrbough lying on the ground dead with blood next to him.
    Yesterday I saw that and just started crying its so sad. And there youngest victim was only 14.
    They all could be living their lives today if it wasn't for eric and dylan.

Well I'm at school so I can't really be on here so when I get home I'll read more posts thanks for replying to it guys.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    and yet the carnage still continues to this day. Lots of people have lost their lives in educational environments since Columbine. And more will die still.

Everything has changed, absolutely nothing's changed. :cry:
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,014
    and of course its also my birthday
    along with Hitler's
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I don't remember where I was or what I was doing when this happened, but given that I would have been 17 and it was 4/20, I'm guessing I was baked out of my skull and trying to avoid getting caught out by the teachers.
  • Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    I was 10 when this happened. Only some years ago did the magnitude of this event really take a hold of me, when I was old enough to really comprehend the other school shootings that have happened over the years. I still get a smile on my face listening to what Marilyn Manson said in response to the question "What would you have said to these boys?" after people started to blame him. He simply said "I would have said nothing, I would have listened." It's strange how people never stop to listen to others anymore, they just go on with their lives, trying to enforce their ideas and visions, not caring about others. In a way, these shootings give a symbol of the times, how the world is moving at such a speed and state that empathy or care for others has left much of this world. Not to ever excuse what these boys did, but it's a rather simple concept. Even in high school, I got my share of bullying, many of us did. How we chose to deal with this was the difference between us and them.

To remember them, just listen to Binaural. I actually threw the album on to listen to Rival, since it's about Columbine, and just listening to the entire album (I love the album already), it's even more apparent how a very strong and prevalent theme of the album is about the excess and degradation of our society and our very humanity (Rival, Grevience, Insignificance, Soon Forget, etc) . The sadder part is that these shootings still happen, and the foolish, idiotic media do EXACTLY what these killers want, by making them infamous and plastering their faces all over the news. We should mourn those who were lost, but not by glorifying and analyzing the murderers, giving them exactly what they wanted.