Options

What Determines a Rollover Show?

edited April 2009 in The Porch
Anybody know?

Why would there be a second night added for Atlanta when the first night has many seats still available? Is Ed a peach addict?! :lol:
"No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,014
    Ed/PJ do LOVE ATL
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Because Ed knows how happy it makes me to get to see him two nights in a row. :ugeek:
  • Options
    el_reyel_rey Posts: 26
    the rollover shows are usually triggered by the first show selling out quickly (or meeting some criteria of selling say X number of tickets in X amount of time)

the band/artist or whoever schedules the tour would usually determine what cities would be likely for a roll over show and put a tentative reserve on the venue for a 2nd show also. You can usually spot which cities will be possible for rollovers by looking at the holes in their initial tour schedule and seeing when they have extra days off following the playing of a major city (recently Pearl Jam has been open about the rollover shows and pre-sold 10c seats to those shows but that wasn't always the case ie the 2003 tour)

in 2003 the tour was to end with 2 nights at MSG however the band had reserved a 3rd night there and if the first 2 sold out in a certain amount of time the 3rd show was supposed to go on sale. the 3rd show popped up on TM very briefly about 20-30 min after the first 2 shows went on sale but was taken down very quickly and never ended up going on sale.
  • Options
    DC30718 wrote:
    the rollover shows are usually triggered by the first show selling out quickly (or meeting some criteria of selling say X number of tickets in X amount of time)

the band/artist or whoever schedules the tour would usually determine what cities would be likely for a roll over show and put a tentative reserve on the venue for a 2nd show also. You can usually spot which cities will be possible for rollovers by looking at the holes in their initial tour schedule and seeing when they have extra days off following the playing of a major city (recently Pearl Jam has been open about the rollover shows and pre-sold 10c seats to those shows but that wasn't always the case ie the 2003 tour)

in 2003 the tour was to end with 2 nights at MSG however the band had reserved a 3rd night there and if the first 2 sold out in a certain amount of time the 3rd show was supposed to go on sale. the 3rd show popped up on TM very briefly about 20-30 min after the first 2 shows went on sale but was taken down very quickly and never ended up going on sale.

I get that, but I guess I'm just surprised at 2 nights in Atlanta, but only one in nashville...neither of the ATL shows have sold out :?:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    el_reyel_rey Posts: 26
    DC30718 wrote:

I get that, but I guess I'm just surprised at 2 nights in Atlanta, but only one in nashville...neither of the ATL shows have sold out :?:

i think that is the fault of whoever planned the tour. Perhaps they simply looked at populations of the city and guessed there would be more demand. Atlanta has 5million people in their metro area, Memphis has a larger population than Nashville (in the city) but Nashville has a larger population than Memphis if you add in all the surrounding areas.