Options

What 2000 Boot should a blast today?

InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Any suggestions?
Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    6-16-00 Katowice Poland. One of my personal faves.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Anything from Europe!

Lisbon, Manchester, Verona......
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    11-5-00...All the talk about the 6th, but this show was a very underrated show and should def be ROCKED!!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    8-30-00, Mansfield

or Pittsburgh!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    8-30-00, Mansfield

or Pittsburgh!

The Mansfield show was good and all but seemed very rushed IMO. Ed barely talks to the crowd and the songs just roll right into each other. Maybe cause it was the 2 month anniv of the Roskilde accident?? I thought the first show the night before was much better. Not trying to hijack you're post or anything. Sorry if it seems that way. :oops:

• Options
    8-30-00, Mansfield

or Pittsburgh!

The Mansfield show was good and all but seemed very rushed IMO. Ed barely talks to the crowd and the songs just roll right into each other. Maybe cause it was the 2 month anniv of the Roskilde accident?? I thought the first show the night before was much better. Not trying to hijack you're post or anything. Sorry if it seems that way. :oops:
    thats one of the reasons i like that boot. it just fucking song after song. footsteps in the middle of the main set! a kick ass breakerfall and in my tree! night 1 was good too. but i feel that this was just pearl jam being fucking pearl jam.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    8-30-00, Mansfield

or Pittsburgh!

thats one of the reasons i like that boot. it just fucking song after song. footsteps in the middle of the main set! a kick ass breakerfall and in my tree! night 1 was good too. but i feel that this was just pearl jam being fucking pearl jam.

True. I guess you just don't get shows like this one anymore.

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Oxxys wrote:
    Any suggestions?

Have you decided where you are going yet?
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    East Troy
    It's funny when things change so much
    It's all state of mind

Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it...

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    im listening to west palm beach now. then columbus. the only ones i own are ones i went to.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Cincinnati

sweet version of The Kids Are Alright
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,561
    3rd jones beach show, if youre in the mood for no code
    i also love the first half of columbus (which is eerily similar to saratoga if i recall)
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Saratoga - Most under-rated show of the tour.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Saratoga - Most under-rated show of the tour.

Then Indy is right there behind it.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    3rd jones beach show, if youre in the mood for no code
    i also love the first half of columbus (which is eerily similar to saratoga if i recall)

That show was smokin right up until wishlist. I was there and they were tearing it up... then they reeled off 3 slow songs in a row and killed the momentum. Never quite regained it.
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    katowice, both shows rok :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    Any suggestions?

Have you decided where you are going yet?

I am going to try to listen to all of your suggestions this weekend. Right now I am listening to the Cincy show and it sounds great. Highlights so far:
    Rival
    The Kids Are Alright
    Soldier of Love
    and I love how this tour was Binarual heavy (seeing how they were supporting it)

I love how Mike's guitar is turned up on the 2000 boots. I listened to Saratoga not to long ago and that sounded great as well. I'm not sure which one I am going to listen to next maybe Katowice.

P.S. Keep giving me suggestions!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    11-3-00 Boise underrated, yet really tight show
    8-24-00 Jones Beach 2 well-respected show, great setlist, plus I was there! Still one of my favorite boots.

I've been listening to a lot of bootlegs on www.pearljambootlegs.org - great website. I really think the 2000 shows sound the best. Plus, I love the mix of songs they were doing on that tour. I think I'll listen Jones Beach 3 today.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    9/5/00, Post-Gazette Pavilion, Burgettstown, Pennsylvania
  • Options
    ejny wrote:
    11-3-00 Boise underrated, yet really tight show
    8-24-00 Jones Beach 2 well-respected show, great setlist, plus I was there! Still one of my favorite boots.

I've been listening to a lot of bootlegs on http://www.pearljambootlegs.org - great website. I really think the 2000 shows sound the best. Plus, I love the mix of songs they were doing on that tour. I think I'll listen Jones Beach 3 today.

I know the 2000 boots sound sooooo awesome I love how Mike's guitar is turned up in the mix.
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    I'm gonna high-jack this thread and now ask anyone who cares:

I want to get one of the European Ape/Man shows that I never got around to getting first time out...so which one of these 2000 shows should I get:

London
    Cardiff
    France
    Poland
    Verona
    Fila Forum

only one. which one?