Options

Mastodon

saichiro15saichiro15 Posts: 28
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Are there any other Mastodon fans out here besides me and Jeff? I just saw these guys a couple of days ago and goddamn, they tore the place up!! These guys are truly amazing. And their new record, Crack the Skye is fucking unbelieveable. I got to meet them after the show and they are really cool. If PJ and Mastodon toured together, that would be amazing. If you haven't heard these guys, seriously, listen to them NOW!!
10/5/04 St. Louis
5/3/10 Kansas City
5/4/10 St. Louis
8/28/10 Little Rock - EV solo w/ guests
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    They r really good, my friend is obsessed.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    great band. i love their new record. i think they have a thread in the Other Music section. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,614
    i've only heard great things. RS had a big article in the last issue.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    keyser_sozekeyser_soze London, England Posts: 205
    mastodon are surely one of the best modern hard rock/metal bands. fucking awesome live too.... seen them 4 times now and they keep getting better....
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
  • Options
    3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    fan here 8-)
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    hello!

fellow Mastodon NUT here... really really really love the new record, i've actually plugged it a couple of times already on this message board. Being that it was produced by Brenden O'Brien, i thought it was fair game on a PJ message board.

but yeah, they're amazing and i have been telling every friend i have to go buy the record... especially my friends that like the Mars Volta... another great band who i know Mastodon enjoy as well. one big prog-metal love fest!!!
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    i <3 mastodon... but this should be in other music.
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    I like their music. :mrgreen:
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    Cosmic SlopCosmic Slop Posts: 107
    I think they're absolutely incredible. I love the dvd that comes with the deluxe set for Crack The Skye, it makes me love them even more.

There's an article about them in the latest issue of Rolling Stone which includes a Jeff quote.
  • Options
    JS51111JS51111 Posts: 33
    edited April 2009
    I think they're absolutely incredible. I love the dvd that comes with the deluxe set for Crack The Skye, it makes me love them even more.

There's an article about them in the latest issue of Rolling Stone which includes a Jeff quote.

Love the deluxe set packaging...definitely picking up the vinyl for this one...it's an incredible ALBUM...great transition from their prior releases.

Seriously thinking of flying out for the Outside Land festival....what a ridiculously amazing line up of bands!

Peace,
    Post edited by JS51111 on
  • Options
    thrakerthraker Posts: 61
    Unbelievable band. I would completely shat myself if they went on tour with Pearl Jam. I can't wait to see them at the 9:30 club in May so I can hear them play the WHOLE album. Muhahahahahahahahahahaha.
  • Options
    Going to see them tomorrow here in Tempe AZ. They moved the show to a larger venue so good things for Mastodon.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 868
    I ran lights for their Blood and Thunder video. That was a cool day. I had no idea who those guys were, and they were totally nice and humble. I occasionally see one of the guys at Lowes. I'm a fan now.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,192
    Fantastic band and incredible live. Would love to see Pearl Jam take a metal band out with them, especially Mastodon or ISIS. Can't wait to hear Crack the Skye live in May...