Options

I'm hoping this is just a weird coincindence...:(

vedderoffdeadvedderoffdead Posts: 684
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Myself and my fiance(separate memberships) were both shut out for Philly II. No problem. That's life. I get it. We've been lucky in the past with tickets. The thing that's bothering me is that we know FIVE...yes, FIVE different people who literally JUST JOINED the 10C, and their VERY FIRST PURCHASE was for various EV solo shows, and EVERY ONE OF THEM won the lottery. Seriously? What are the freakin chances!!?? :o
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I joined the 10c in 1998 but this is the first time I've tried to get tickets through them. (No judging allowed)... anyway, I was selected in the lottery for this EV solo tour. Don't think that helps any argument.. but thought i'd share.
  • Options
    When I got my first fan club tickets (member since 96, got fc tickets for Knoxville 98), they didn't go by seniority that year I guess because I got 1st row seats. And yes, I nearly peed my pants when I saw "Row A" on my ticket. :D Anyway, weird things happen.
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    How do you know this? That is weird though.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    That would be "my fiancee and I..." :lol:

Look out! I'm a grammarian!!!

Kinda sucks about the tickets - but that's how lotteries are...some people win billions with a quick pick number the first time they play and others play for years and don't win a thing...Cold comfort, I know...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    zdogbonezdogbone Posts: 117
    That would be "my fiancee and I..." :lol:

Look out! I'm a grammarian!!!

Kinda sucks about the tickets - but that's how lotteries are...some people win billions with a quick pick number the first time they play and others play for years and don't win a thing...Cold comfort, I know...

my wife and I both signed up(separate memberships), kinda your same deal, however we were both "randomly" selected for the same night. Rollover night for Memphis. I emailed the ten club to release one of our opportunities back into the wild..
    Three crooked hearts and swirls all around... I miss you all day
  • Options
    Member since 2000 (maybe 1999) here and this was my first attempt at getting fan club tickets. AND I DID!! HOOTIE HOOOOOOO!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    this is the first time Ive ever won one of the lotteries
    the odds depend on how many people tried to get tickets
    Philly 2 was the most sought after and the toughest to get.
    I wouldn't read into this too much its just an experiment for the EV tour
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    joined in 93..............i was selected at random.

one more point........after last year i did not get tickets. i emailed 10c and simply asked them to keep me in mind if ed ever does another solo tour.

i do not know if it worked..........but i like to think so.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    shannonrae wrote:
    When I got my first fan club tickets (member since 96, got fc tickets for Knoxville 98), they didn't go by seniority that year I guess because I got 1st row seats. And yes, I nearly peed my pants when I saw "Row A" on my ticket. :D Anyway, weird things happen.

Same with me, first show was Pittsburgh 98, 3rd row center, best seats I've ever had. :|:D
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon