Options

Yawn

goodrocgoodroc Posts: 118
edited April 2009 in The Porch
New tix system - big mistake--- It takes away from the instant buzz of buying tix--

if this system continues for Pearl jam shows -- it will put an end to road trips and mulitple shows

just a thought do not flame -- thanks

The loyal fans who -- check and watch website daily should be rewarded for loyalty -- yes does it take time and energy yes-- but i for one enjoy it

and for those who assume i was shut out of EV tix-- i "won" tix to philly friday night show--
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    *yawn*
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,816
    seems to me that a lot of people here got their tickets to see Mr. Vedder....

maybe im wrong....

but this system seemed to work just fine..............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,093
    goodroc wrote:
    New tix system - big mistake--- It takes away from the instant buzz of buying tix--

if this system continues for Pearl jam shows -- it will put an end to road trips and mulitple shows

The loyal fans who -- check and watch website daily should be rewarded for loyalty -- yes does it take time and energy yes-- but i for one enjoy it

and for those who assume i was shut out of EV tix-- i "won" tix to philly friday night show--

I'm not flaming but I disagree - especially with the bit i've highlighted - i'm lucky my job means that I spend most of my day in front of a computer, not everyone has that opportunity with the jobs they do/lives they lead - I know i didn't participate in this sale, but going from past experience trying to get PJ tickets (i.e MSG and Wembley) it SEEMS like a less tense way of doing things...thats my 2 cents :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    goodroc wrote:

I'm not flaming but I disagree - especially with the bit i've highlighted - i'm lucky my job means that I spend most of my day in front of a computer, not everyone has that opportunity with the jobs they do/lives they lead - I know i didn't participate in this sale, but going from past experience trying to get PJ tickets (i.e MSG and Wembley) it SEEMS like a less tense way of doing things...thats my 2 cents :)

OK but couple things here, there are a lot of people that do have internet access, so do you change the system for the few people that don't. It is not like we come here one day and, surpirse, the tickets are on sale, they do give notice. And do you change the system since 3 or 4 shows sell out really fast when other don't? But the biggest thing is say there is a 60 show tour, or even 30, or 10. Say they have between 3000-5000 ten club seats. There is a lottery for every show. Do you know how long it would take to go through all the people in the lottery?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    i'm just glad i got to see EV and Liam Finn last year. final show. it was amazing.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    the lottery system won't be in place for Pearl Jam arena shows...

they did it like this because the venue's are too small to accommodate the amount of fans requesting tickets...

that being said... I think it's a great system, and it's much better than the old system they had in place... it was insane trying to get EV tickets the first time around... at least now everyone who really wants tickets has an equal chance of getting them.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    my only complaint was the "window" to enter the lottery was too long. The system should reward the people who make an effort to be here when they go on sale and follow all the little tweets, clues, etc. If the club didn't think that was important then they should be more upfront with info. Obviously they are trying to avoid overloading the system, etc., but I think there would have been far less entries (and a greater shot at winning) had the window been open for hours rather than days. Anyways, kudos to them for trying something different and not reward people with the fastest internet connection and "multiple clicking skills". I appreciate what they are trying to do, but considering I didn't win any lottery tickets, I am not exactly convinced I like it :?
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I'm assuming that the lottery system was put in place for the EV tour just because;

- the small venues
    - extreme high demand for tickets

There is no point for the PJ tickets as there are almost enough tickets for 10c members to go around.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    mjb wrote:
    my only complaint was the "window" to enter the lottery was too long. The system should reward the people who make an effort to be here when they go on sale and follow all the little tweets, clues, etc. If the club didn't think that was important then they should be more upfront with info. Obviously they are trying to avoid overloading the system, etc., but I think there would have been far less entries (and a greater shot at winning) had the window been open for hours rather than days. Anyways, kudos to them for trying something different and not reward people with the fastest internet connection and "multiple clicking skills". I appreciate what they are trying to do, but considering I didn't win any lottery tickets, I am not exactly convinced I like it :?

I disagree with this.

I'm willing to bet that not even 20% of the fan club frequents this board, i'd venture to bet it's less than 20% actually.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    mjb wrote:

I disagree with this.

I'm willing to bet that not even 20% of the fan club frequents this board, i'd venture to bet it's less than 20% actually.

i agree I also think that the majority of PJ 10c members aren't on this board or even visit. The lottery was the fair to make these small solo shows happen.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    goodroc wrote:

OK but couple things here, there are a lot of people that do have internet access, so do you change the system for the few people that don't. It is not like we come here one day and, surpirse, the tickets are on sale, they do give notice. And do you change the system since 3 or 4 shows sell out really fast when other don't? But the biggest thing is say there is a 60 show tour, or even 30, or 10. Say they have between 3000-5000 ten club seats. There is a lottery for every show. Do you know how long it would take to go through all the people in the lottery?

You would think with computers and technology being what they are it'd take about 24 hours. But with a Mickey Mouse op like the 10c... years ;)
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,093
    goodroc wrote:

I know i mentioned MSG and Wembley as an example, but I was just really trying to say, this seemed a less stressful way to sell EV tickets with high demand but small venues. I just assume that they wouldn't use this method for PJ shows, especially as some of the venues don't always sell out straight away. Just highlighting that not every 10C member spends all day on the boards :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885

I know i mentioned MSG and Wembley as an example, but I was just really trying to say, this seemed a less stressful way to sell EV tickets with high demand but small venues. I just assume that they wouldn't use this method for PJ shows, especially as some of the venues don't always sell out straight away. Just highlighting that not every 10C member spends all day on the boards :)

Ok- gotcha- I agree with you, I think this is the best way for EV and small shows like the Vic too.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    goodroc wrote:

firstly, this was for EV tix only. we have no idea if it will be utilized for pj shows, at all. secondly, even if it were....why would it necessarily do away with road trips? :?: i'm not sure i follow that line of reasoning. 'rewarding' loyalty does not necessarily go hand in hand with taking 'time and energy.' i honestly don't have a problem putting time and energy into being a fan, but yes, it IS quite difficult to be here for sales, during work hours, especially when one wants multiple shows and the sales are staggered. i remember the italy shows in 2006, all went on sale simultANEOUSLY, that actually was far 'easier' to me than the staggered sales, tho i understand the rationale. anyhoo, i honestly don't think it's a system that will be utilized for pj shows, EXCEPT maybe for rare/small shows where demand will be uber-high, just like the EV shows. the ONLY time 've been shut out of 10c tix was EV in NYC last year. i've bought a LOT of 10c tix over the years, so definitely fortunate...traveled a lot for shows.....and will continue to do so in the future too. the only thing that would hinder that is $$$ and/or time off. this time around, i was lucky and scored for EV. :) whatever system they utilize, i truly appreciate how they continaully tweak the system, listen for suggestions, make improvements, all for the benefit of US.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    *yawn

ChangeTheChannelMarge-1.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    all the lottery system does is take away "advantages" of having a good internet connection and being able to be online at one specific time ... this system is no different than logging in and buying instantly on a first come first serve basis - no one is guaranteed tickets that way either ... all this system does is give everyone a fair chance at them whereas the old system favoured thos who have a good connection at the particular time of the ticket sale ...

as a longtime fan and member - i think this system was brilliant for ev shows .. limited shows, limited seats - it's the fairest way ... congrats to 10C for not worrying about pissing off some fans for the sake of all of them ...
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    polaris_x wrote:
    all the lottery system does is take away "advantages" of having a good internet connection and being able to be online at one specific time ... this system is no different than logging in and buying instantly on a first come first serve basis - no one is guaranteed tickets that way either ... all this system does is give everyone a fair chance at them whereas the old system favoured thos who have a good connection at the particular time of the ticket sale ...

as a longtime fan and member - i think this system was brilliant for ev shows .. limited shows, limited seats - it's the fairest way ... congrats to 10C for not worrying about pissing off some fans for the sake of all of them ...

couldn't agree more.

the lottery system simply leveled the playing field,
    and gave everyone an equal chance, which is the ultimate goal.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Red BurritoRed Burrito Posts: 476
    polaris_x wrote:

couldn't agree more.

+1
    +1
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    polaris_x wrote:

as a longtime fan and member - i think this system was brilliant for ev shows .. limited shows, limited seats - it's the fairest way ... congrats to 10C for not worrying about pissing off some fans for the sake of all of them .

couldn't agree more.

+1
    +1

just to echo the sentiment....EXACTLY!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,745
    It was rigged. U R A Crazy Breed and I want a recount.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...