Options

EV Tix Seekers Don't Fret

58823005882300 Posts: 813
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Last year for both EV tours I was able to get my hands on tickets for every show I wanted to see even without 10C tickets to several. I actually had 6 sets of Chicago tickets in my hands that I sold off for face value. There are going to be several very nice 10C members that will be selling and trading on the board as well as outside the venues. I highly recommend staying away from the scalpers because they are going to be insane. Also, Ticketmaster released singles the day of show for almost every show. I know how stressful this is but I would be willing to bet if you want to get in you will be able to and for face value. Don't underestimate everyone just yet. Someone might surprise you. Good Luck!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Thanks for the optimism.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    Glass half full :D
    when does albany tix go on sale?
    Thanks for the optimism.
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    What was your method for getting so many tickets?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    That is 100% true.

The days leading up to the shows, there were people on here trying to sell tickets or even give them away...and quite a few people selling them for face value outside the venue...

If you didn't get tickets and live in the area, go to one fo the pre-show get togethers that will be posted on this board and you will probably find a kind soul with an extra ticket!!
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    show up at the venue about 2 hours before ed is to hit the stage. name your price. after what i witnessed last year, i decided to hold off on any 10c or tm/livenation sales.....you'll save yourself a lot of money if you decide to scalp.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    justam wrote:

I was panicing my ass off about the Chicago show (large population/small venue) and just bought the first pair here on the Pit that someone offered for face. As the show got closer and closer more and more tickets were posted and they kept getting better and better. I kept buying and I kept the best ones I could get my hands on sold the rest for face to people here on the pit.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    5882300 wrote:
    justam wrote:

I was panicing my ass off about the Chicago show (large population/small venue) and just bought the first pair here on the Pit that someone offered for face. As the show got closer and closer more and more tickets were posted and they kept getting better and better. I kept buying and I kept the best ones I could get my hands on sold the rest for face to people here on the pit.

That's interesting.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    This was true of many of the shows...rumours abounded of tickets being sold outside many venues for $30 in some cases. That said, I can assure you in LA there were no tickets to be found - 10c window and will call was inside PAST security, once you were in, you were in. Virtually no scalping. Box office released 20 singles, 1 at a time over a period of hours. It was a tough ticket for sure.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    There will be people offering tickets here, just like other shows, peoples plans will change and others will have friends back out. You will be able to find some.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    I agree! Thanks to the kindness of fellow ten club members I was able to see 3 awesome shows last summer EV included!
  • Options
    3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    Black-12 wrote:
    I agree! Thanks to the kindness of fellow ten club members I was able to see 3 awesome shows last summer EV included!
    Cool! That would be nice, I wanted Albany or my wife and I but fell short, damn it. :(
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Thanks for the information! There is still hope for those of us who missed out on 10C tickets!!!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    Thanks for the information! There is still hope for those of us who missed out on 10C tickets!!!

more than hope...if you want to go to the show and make the effort to get to the venue that day wether or not you have a ticket, you'll get in.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954

more than hope...if you want to go to the show and make the effort to get to the venue that day wether or not you have a ticket, you'll get in.

Agreed, don't forget there are a lot of 10C members who don't post here that show up and the pre-event. If you REALLY want to go, you can definitely find one there and meet some really great people.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    Hoping for a miracle.... :mrgreen: (Atlanta) 1
  • Options
    So are y'all saying that somebody get two ten club seats together from somebody, like get them to go get the tickets and then pay them for the pair, because I really need that in Nashville?
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    5882300 wrote:
    Last year for both EV tours I was able to get my hands on tickets for every show I wanted to see even without 10C tickets to several. I actually had 6 sets of Chicago tickets in my hands that I sold off for face value. There are going to be several very nice 10C members that will be selling and trading on the board as well as outside the venues. I highly recommend staying away from the scalpers because they are going to be insane. Also, Ticketmaster released singles the day of show for almost every show. I know how stressful this is but I would be willing to bet if you want to get in you will be able to and for face value. Don't underestimate everyone just yet. Someone might surprise you. Good Luck!!!!!

I hope so, i'm after 2 tickets for the 2nd Honolulu show, I won't be near a computer when they go on sale for the general public, so hopefully a couple come up for sale on here
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch