Options

Pearl Jam should not play Ticketmaster & Live Nation arenas!

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,088
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Now that would be grand! What do you think?

Are there any centers, forums, speedway's etc.. still out there today that are not taken over by Ticketmaster or Live Nation's corporation? If there isn't many left, then there's nothing us fans can do about it. :(

I know the Halifax Metro Center isn't run by Ticketmaster. Thy are run by Ticket Atlantic. http://www.ticketatlantic.com/en/home/default.aspx. The Montreal Theater that hosted Ed's '08 show's, to buy tickets to that show, other then 10club, you had to buy them from their website.

There wouldn't be so much problems with fans trying to get ticket's to these show's! The band can get more "10club members" seats to these show's they want to go to & not get denied & pay x2+ the prices when Ticketmaster tickets go on sale, within seconds, transfer you to Ticketsnow, their sister site for higher prices on those tickets, they had for sale at Ticketmaster.

I'm hoping for a 10club only show on the next tour! And not just 1 show! :mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I'm with ya brother. They should play Tanglewood in Western, Mass. It isn't a ticketmaster venue and is probably the sweetest venue I have ever been too. There would be a lot of peopel shut out though, because its small. You can bring in your own coolers of beer!!!! HOw sweet is that. Its classy, so I doubt they will let them play there PJ is too loud! :lol:
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    there are ticketwest and ticketweb venues out there (and granted i know nothing about these companies so they may be just as bad as ticketmaster/livenation). but those seem to be on the small side. but realistically speaking. i don't ever see it happening.
  • Options
    Yeah because that went so well last time! :?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Yeah because that went so well last time! :?

well. if you put it in the context of today i would imagine it would have worked much much better if only because of the internet. pearl jam could easily play anywhere they want regardless of who sells the tickets, however, we have to remember that not everyone spends hours on this message board. the benefit of ticketmaster venues is the promotion and their place in the public eye. if pearl jam decided to play some unknown venue they would spend a fortune advertising for it and only a select few would know about the shows and as the band is a business it wouldn't really make much sense financially.
  • Options
    change is good & hopefully something happens on the new tour! :)
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,274
    long time coming...if u ask me

it would be tough though
  • Options
    what if all of a sudden, all ticketmaster & live nation websites were not working?
    all their booths were closed & there is no more? what will happen to the world?
    *shocking fact

wanna know how to create more jobs? new employee's at each theatre, centre, arena .. etc.. to disturb the tickets directly! instead of huge corporations! more bought servers, better customer serivce, no whining on the price of tickets etc..

few of my friends didn't score today tickets to the ed show's. sad that they didn't.
    wish all these ed show's, played in such a small venues, were all 10club tickets!
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    That would be VERY difficult to do given the number of venues that they control.

Off the top of my head, the only large venue I've seen PJ at that is not under their control is The Aud in Kitchener.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    andrewbandrewb Posts: 487
    Oxxys wrote:
    I'm with ya brother. They should play Tanglewood in Western, Mass. It isn't a ticketmaster venue and is probably the sweetest venue I have ever been too. There would be a lot of peopel shut out though, because its small. You can bring in your own coolers of beer!!!! HOw sweet is that. Its classy, so I doubt they will let them play there PJ is too loud! :lol:

This could be a great acoustic venue. Tanglewood is to serious though
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    demetrios wrote:
    wanna know how to create more jobs? new employee's at each theatre, centre, arena .. etc.. to disturb the tickets directly! instead of huge corporations! more bought servers, better customer serivce, no whining on the price of tickets etc..

And ticket prices would go up to cover the new expenses...

I like the idea of getting away from TM or Live Nation venues, but don't kid yourself into thinking that prices (and service charges) would be any cheaper, and service would be any better... We'd have 200 threads complaining about venue websites or small ticket company sites crashing and people bitching that they can't get tickets.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    I back that up 100% D. :!:
    demetrios wrote:
    Now that would be grand! What do you think?

Are there any centers, forums, speedway's etc.. still out there today that are not taken over by Ticketmaster or Live Nation's corporation? If there isn't many left, then there's nothing us fans can do about it. :(

I know the Halifax Metro Center isn't run by Ticketmaster. Thy are run by Ticket Atlantic. http://www.ticketatlantic.com/en/home/default.aspx. The Montreal Theater that hosted Ed's '08 show's, to buy tickets to that show, other then 10club, you had to buy them from their website.

There wouldn't be so much problems with fans trying to get ticket's to these show's! The band can get more "10club members" seats to these show's they want to go to & not get denied & pay x2+ the prices when Ticketmaster tickets go on sale, within seconds, transfer you to Ticketsnow, their sister site for higher prices on those tickets, they had for sale at Ticketmaster.

I'm hoping for a 10club only show on the next tour! And not just 1 show! :mrgreen:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

And ticket prices would go up to cover the new expenses...

I like the idea of getting away from TM or Live Nation venues, but don't kid yourself into thinking that prices (and service charges) would be any cheaper, and service would be any better... We'd have 200 threads complaining about venue websites or small ticket company sites crashing and people bitching that they can't get tickets.

but if huge rock bands, like pearl jam, can take hold of these arena's (that are not under ticketmaster's whip), & get more control disturbing tickets to the show, aka double even triple fan club tickets per show, more & more pearl jam fan club members will get that chance to see pearl jam at that show. there is a huge pearl jam fan base community out there. it's tough to please each & every person. but there are way's to get around it. that all parties, will be satisfied. and everybody wins.

business is business; but crooked business, scalping, charging tickets double the prices etc.. to fans purely is robbery. the devil's work. someday, it gotta stop!