Options

Eddie Vedder solo tour

JonhenryJonhenry Posts: 228
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Just wanted to give people a heads up on the eddie vedder solo tour. You might already know, but if you dont here it goes. This was one of the best shows I've ever seen. The 10C placed me in the 2nd row dead center in NYC last year. But if your going to hear PJ songs dont be suprise if you dont. In NYC he only played 3, keep in mind its a Eddie Vedder show not a PJ show. People in the crowed were yelling songs from PJ and it seem to tick him off a little.

John Henry
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Are you the owner of the Red Sox? :D
  • Options
    JonhenryJonhenry Posts: 228
    No why do you say that? Just a huge PJ fan!
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    And here's proof that I'm a nerd and not a sports fan....
    I first thought of the machine in Sarah Connor Chronicles (Which, sadly, I just found out is cancelled).
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    Wilds wrote:
    hahahahahaha :lol:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    I first thought of the machine in Sarah Connor Chronicles (Which, sadly, I just found out is cancelled).

i enjoyed the first season, but it lost steam mid second season...fell into the friday night slot, which means ultimate doom as that slot means a show is on its last legs
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options

i enjoyed the first season, but it lost steam mid second season...fell into the friday night slot, which means ultimate doom as that slot means a show is on its last legs
    Definitely some dull moments, but the last few episodes kicked ass. And left an amazing and gigantic cliffhanger. Of course.
    Sigh.
    It's my fault for getting too into new TV shows.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    Wilds wrote:

hahahaha :lol::lol::lol:
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    no shit........that is one of the only shows that we dvr. piss!
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    Sadly it's true. And due to it's similarly shitty timeslot, I'd bet Dollhouse won't last past the first season, even though it's another Joss original, and brilliant in its own right.
    I blame my Sci-Fi love on my husband. Never would I have gone for any of these shows before I met him.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:

i also been diggin on battlestar gallactica
  • Options

Haven't watched that yet, but we have the whole series downloaded. Hub's watched it all, and wants to watch it all over again with me.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options

Haven't watched that yet, but we have the whole series downloaded. Hub's watched it all, and wants to watch it all over again with me.

good good stuff... also been watching dead like me (that show is pretty funny and twisted), and some dead zone... nothing but a bunch of nerds here with my three star wars tattoos, no worries :ugeek:
  • Options
    How do you listen to PJ when y'all seem to be watching a lot of TV?
  • Options

well pj plays in my head at all other times... except when im at work... when im at work i am checked out and i got the theme song to the muppet show stuck in my head for eight hours a clip
  • Options
    Thankfully I have my own office and can play PJ all day long - except when I'm in meetings.
  • Options
    Thankfully I have my own office and can play PJ all day long - except when I'm in meetings.

yeah i got my own office too, but that doesnt mean i wanna be there... i gotta deal with the public every single day, so i cant listen to music from 9-3... after 3pm i usually throw some dylan or elvis on, cause those are usually more people friendly... vs say eddie screaming lukin
  • Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    eddie screaming lukin

See, this is how you keep the people OUT of your office.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    Ok, clarification.. I'm not allowing Eddie to scream. I'm somewhat selective with the songs I play (I deselect some songs from the playlist when I'm at work). I'm also aware that sound travels, including me singing along.. so I tend to keep the volume down which allows me to tune it out if I need to focus, but it's there for me to enjoy when I don't have to be focused. After hours.. watch out. If someone else is working late - there is no way they can't hear Eddie and I.
  • Options
    eddie screaming lukin

See, this is how you keep the people OUT of your office.

i would love to, but me keeping people out=me being fired.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,085
    i'm really loving the toronto '08 ed experience. i mean .. REALLY LOVING IT! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    Sadly it's true. And due to it's similarly shitty timeslot, I'd bet Dollhouse won't last past the first season, even though it's another Joss original, and brilliant in its own right.
    I blame my Sci-Fi love on my husband. Never would I have gone for any of these shows before I met him.
    who knows maybe the sci-fi channel will continue with sarah connor.
  • Options
    shit......judging by some of the topics recently, pj is on tv alot. for example, "they just played one chord of wma on world poker tour".....or some shit like that.

it is amazing, that some people even catch this stuff.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    shit......judging by some of the topics recently, pj is on tv alot. for example, "they just played one chord of wma on world poker tour".....or some shit like that.

tht would be a great job... get paid to uncover pearl jam references in everyday television...it would kinda be like that character's thesis from PCU... finding a movie with both michael cain... and who was the other, james cahn?
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:

tht would be a great job... get paid to uncover pearl jam references in everyday television...it would kinda be like that character's thesis from PCU... finding a movie with both michael cain... and who was the other, james cahn?
    i was doing well to understand until..........the thesis, cain, cahn reference. i do not know who they are.
  • Options

best. show. ever.

start from the beginning, and don't skip an episode. :):D :oops:
  • Options

best. show. ever.

start from the beginning, and don't skip an episode. :):D :oops:
    i watched battlestar as a kid.....never picked it up as an adult.