Options

Does Ed's solo tour announcement mean...

NoOne'sRivalNoOne'sRival Posts: 299
edited April 2009 in The Porch
That he's finished with the vocal tracks and we can expect a new release soon!!???!!!???!!!??
"Dream the dream others then...you will be no one's RIVAL!"
"Doo do do do doo do doo, Doo do do do doo do doo..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    How are we meant to know?

Just go with the flow.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Yes, it's exactly what it means..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    no, it means stone finally kicked ed out of the band
    they're auditioning replacements
    i hear they're considering that david archuleta from last season's american idol :lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    jamlreap wrote:
    That he's finished with the vocal tracks and we can expect a new release soon!!???!!!???!!!??
    I am of the opinion that the album is done and being engineered.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    he is clearly doing the soundtrack for "Into the WIld 2" :o
  • Options
    I see the format for buying tickets is different, I am sure someone noted that, yet how about PJ getting a feel for the fans - noticing how the EdVed shows will sell?

It could be a way for them to actually determine if folks can AFFORD going to a full blown tour? With our economy doing so well and all...

I say Fall Tour '09 for the band... and the country showing growth --- Stay positive! :!:
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I'm also of the opinion that the record is done. At least done in the studio with laying down the recordings.

Before Ed goes on tour I would imagine it will be completed and ready for the next step. Mass production to be finished and ready for stores at the beginning of September. Or perhaps even in August.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    from what i understand... the recording order is generally 1) guitars / bass 2) vox 3) drums 4) mastering

so id venture to guess that theyre in one of the final 2 stages right now... and the raw quality of ricks work probably doesnt take too much fine tuning... so id say probably mid summer? hopefully they do the radiohead/NIN download method to get the digital copy to fans ASAP even if the physical copy isnt ready til later
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    jamlreap wrote:
    I am of the opinion that the album is done and being engineered.
    I hope you are right! :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,895
    sgossard3 wrote:
    from what i understand... the recording order is generally 1) guitars / bass 2) vox 3) drums 4) mastering

so id venture to guess that theyre in one of the final 2 stages right now... and the raw quality of ricks work probably doesnt take too much fine tuning... so id say probably mid summer? hopefully they do the radiohead/NIN download method to get the digital copy to fans ASAP even if the physical copy isnt ready til later
    Rick? Who and what is he doing ? Mixing?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    we always find out at the last minute and are completely clueless as to exactly what pj are doing... were just gonna have to wait for the tweet..
  • Options
    lowlight79lowlight79 Posts: 205
    It could also mean the opposite. Dave Grohol back in 2002 went on tour with Qotsa when he wasn't feeling recording. Maybe ed wants another solo treak cause he isn't feeling the tracks.
    "Only curfews can keep us down"
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    mickeyrat wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:

Rick? Who and what is he doing ? Mixing?
    my bad... brendan... i think i was talking to my friend rick as i was typing that...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    no, it means stone finally kicked ed out of the band
    they're auditioning replacements
    i hear they're considering that david archuleta from last season's american idol :lol:

:lol::lol: That kid cracks me up. He looks like Harry Potter!