Options

Eddie in Albany or Firstborn child

Rushia3n4Rushia3n4 Posts: 20
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Me and my wife have a tentative date of June 8th as the due day for our first child, but we still are trying to get June 8 Eddie tix
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    That is awesome :lol:
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    sagapo1sagapo1 Posts: 186
    KR81693 wrote:
    Me and my wife have a tentative date of June 8th as the due day for our first child, but we still are trying to get June 8 Eddie tix

My son was almost 3 weeks early. My daughter was a week early.
    Does that answer your question.
    "Cynics are simply disappointed idealists" - George Carlin
    Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight. - Andy Warhol

• Options
    the baby can wait until the 9th... ;)
    doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you...

Pittsburgh '00
    PennState '03; Camden 1 '03; Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Ottawa '05; Borgata 2 '05
    Ed Sullivan Theater '06; Hartford '06; NJ 1-2 '06
    WPB '08; Tampa '08; EV Newark '08
    EV Ft. Lauderale '12
    Ft. Lauderale '16; Miami '16
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    ok... go see ed regardless... and than name the kid ed
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    If they babe holds out, he/she will be one of the youngest to attend a EV solo show!! :lol:

(My first was 2 weeks late...just sayin')
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    KR81693 wrote:

Umm are you serious?
    Don't risk it man stay home with your wife. My mom almost died two years ago giving birth to my baby brother and you don't want to take risks. You never know whats gonna happen.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    i missed pj and ed last year because of my first born. first shows i don't regret missing!

her initials are P.J. though! :D
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    KR81693 wrote:

Umm are you serious?
    Don't risk it man stay home with your wife. My mom almost died two years ago giving birth to my baby brother and you don't want to take risks. You never know whats gonna happen.

Yeah, what this guy said.

My firstborn is due on August 1st and I'm not going ANYWHERE.

You'll only get this chance once, you can see Ed some other time.
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    i can hear the BOOT now.....eddie will be jaming out to Rise and out of the blue im going to hear ..HONEY MY WATER BROKE...........
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    KR81693 wrote:

Congrats!!! :D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    Umm are you serious?

It sounds like either he and his wife are going to the show together, or they won't go. He says "we" are trying to get tickets, so this sounds like a good-natured gamble to me.

Hope you get to go! Is the hospital where you're giving birth far from Albany? If so, you should pick a backup in town, just in case. Then again, my parents drove to a hospital an hour away for all 4 of their kids, and we did fine.

Melissa
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    do what you want, but i'm of the opinion that women who are 8 months or more pregnant shouldn't really be doing anything.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    ComeToTX wrote:
    i missed pj and ed last year because of my first born. first shows i don't regret missing!

her initials are P.J. though! :D

Agree completely!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    et21et21 Posts: 112
    Why not just go to the show with your overnight bag and knowledge of where the hospital is? Her water might break, it might not. It's not THAT risky, is it? Is your house closer to the hospital than the venue is? If it happens then you will just leave, if not you will feel like you wasted the opportunity to see Ed. If he/she IS born as a result of being at the concert it will heighten the memories and experience of the birth of your first child, not lessen it. It's either that or sit at home, right?

The concert is only 90 minutes or so so there is a large chance he/she will not be born during the actual show.
    I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Truthfully, obsessed as I am with this band, life comes first. Though I'm young, I would imagine the high you will get from bringing new life into this world will be millions of times greater than the sweetest Eddie Vedder show. Don't risk that!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    hey, if you do decide to go, maybe Ed can help deliver you're baby. Or one of his crew members. They don't wear those white lab coats for nothing. :D

I'm just fuckin around. I wouldn't go if I were you. An ed solo show is nothing compared to having a baby. My wife gave birth a year and a half ago to my son and it was the single most beautiful moment ever. Do the right thing. Congrats.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    you might have to find one more ticket!!!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    et21 wrote:
    Why not just go to the show with your overnight bag and knowledge of where the hospital is? Her water might break, it might not. It's not THAT risky, is it? Is your house closer to the hospital than the venue is? If it happens then you will just leave, if not you will feel like you wasted the opportunity to see Ed. If he/she IS born as a result of being at the concert it will heighten the memories and experience of the birth of your first child, not lessen it. It's either that or sit at home, right?

The concert is only 90 minutes or so so there is a large chance he/she will not be born during the actual show.

That is exactly what I was thinking while reading this thread!!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    had this happen to me for last years tour. Our second was due July 5th, was wondering if I should order tix for the June 22nd show in DC. I asked my wife first, she gave the ok...went to this very board and asked and got some of the same answers as above. As the sale date drew near, I made the decision not to order...a few months later our 2nd boy was born at 3:46 am June 22nd....

I never have regretted not getting tix...it's a tough choice at first, but as you look back it's very easy...family, life and everything else comes before entertainment...(of course I was able to buy the PJ boot and listen to the show...Eddie shows are a little different)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I wouldn't suggest it, but if you really want to take that chance, just remember the possibility of throwing your money away. That's the chance you're taking.
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Local Crew wrote:
    you might have to find one more ticket!!!

Haha. This is Pearl Jam, not Kiss -- they would only charge half-price for the baby (but you would have to pay Stone directly in cash).
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...