Options

Drummers for dummies....

IgatherspeedIgatherspeed Posts: 59
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Just looking for a quick chronolgy and bried reason why for each.... I know Krusen was on ten, but Chamberlain played the live demo? I had read also that MAtt Cameron had also done some work (official) with them even before that... We all know the Dave A. story, as well as the Jack Irons story... so I guess my question is in regards to the early days.... Thanks...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 715
    1. Matt Cameron, early demo tape sent to ed. Was with soundgarden at the time
    2. Dave Krusen, first real drummer of pj. played on ten, played a few shows, left shortly after, because he got a girl pregnant and had a drinking problem.
    3. Matt Chamberlin, filled in, filmed alive video, but left for a job with SNL, introduced the guys to Dave A.
    4. Dave A., Ten Tour, filmed even flow video, jeremy video, Vs., Vs. Tour, Vitalogy, Fired.
    5. Jack Irons, No Code, No Code Tour, Yield, first few dates of 98 shows, left the band because of supposev. wrist problems and depression issues on tour.
    6. Matt Cameron, Yield Tour 98-Present.
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    PJPJ Posts: 285
    I thought Irons was in the mix before Vitalogy was done :?:
    2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
    2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
    2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    1. Matt Cameron, early demo tape sent to ed. Was with soundgarden at the time
    2. Dave Krusen, first real drummer of pj. played on ten, played a few shows, left shortly after, because he got a girl pregnant and had a drinking problem.
    3. Matt Chamberlin, filled in, filmed alive video, but left for a job with SNL, introduced the guys to Dave A.
    4. Dave A., Ten Tour, filmed even flow video, jeremy video, Vs., Vs. Tour, Vitalogy, Fired.
    5. Jack Irons, No Code, No Code Tour, Yield, first few dates of 98 shows, left the band because of supposev. wrist problems and depression issues on tour.
    6. Matt Cameron, Yield Tour 98-Present.

Great story...I was always wondering the whole situation myself.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    PJ wrote:
    I thought Irons was in the mix before Vitalogy was done :?:

he did play on "foxy mop" from vitalogy