Options

US and Canadian members only????

Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
edited April 2009 in The Porch
WTF???????????

So the rest of us get no chance with our 10C membership for Ed solo tickets?
Take me for a ride before we leave...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    I made a thread about this dude. nothing for us sadly.. ticketmaster / live nation is our only hope.
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    MOTSyMOTSy Posts: 10
    This is an absolute disgrace!! For a club with many international members to constantly give US residents preferential treatment is a joke. Okay, I can accept that Ed is never likely to play solo this side of the world but to not even give people the chance for tickets, people who are willing to travel to support him!
    We flew from Ireland to see the last solo tour, thanks to the wonder of Ebay we bought tickets to both Berkeley shows. Obviously we got completely fleeced as we were never given the opportunity to buy them through the club so had to pay insane money through Ebay.

The club is in danger of alienating its International members.
    2006 Dublin
    2007 London
    2008 EV Berkeley 1 & 2
    2010 Dublin / Belfast
    2017 EV London 1 & 2
    2019 EV Dublin
    2022 Zurich / London 2
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    They don't have enough tickets to go around for the locals, i'm suprise they're letting us Canadians access to the tickets.

I could understand for a full blown tour where there's lots of tickets, but when theres so few tickets I think it makes to geographically restrict it.

I guess Canada is included because some of those cities can be prety close to the CDN border?
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Zod wrote:
    They don't have enough tickets to go around for the locals, i'm suprise they're letting us Canadians access to the tickets.

I could understand for a full blown tour where there's lots of tickets, but when theres so few tickets I think it makes to geographically restrict it.

I guess Canada is included because some of those cities can be prety close to the CDN border?

Yeah that's fair enough if Ed plans to do shows in each continent - but that's not going to happen! What aout those in South America who may be nearer to some shows than those in the US/Canada?
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    strummers wrote:
    Zod wrote:

Yeah that's fair enough if Ed plans to do shows in each continent - but that's not going to happen! What aout those in South America who may be nearer to some shows than those in the US/Canada?

For example - If Ed had done 3 South American tours that you had been shut out of (for pre sales) and there didn't seem like any sign of him doing any US dates - would you sill be so understanding about the policy??

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    And does this mean if they do a tour in Australia for example, the shows will only be available to Australian 10C members - I think not!

I understand there are a lot of people in the US that want to see him, and limited numbers of tickets. But some of us have NEVER seen Eddie solo, and probably never will. We all pay the same membership fee!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    gee guys quit your bitchin' ...

first please tell how many of you were going to spend on tkts and plane tkts for this tour if the tkts were availabel to you, I can bet that none of you were...

second bitch about tkts being available to US members in other continents when it happens! :roll:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Red_Dot wrote:
    We all pay the same membership fee!
    No we don't.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Hinn wrote:
    Red_Dot wrote:
    No we don't.
    You are splitting hairs.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965

first please tell how many of you were going to spend on tkts and plane tkts for this tour if the tkts were availabel to you, I can bet that none of you were...

second bitch about tkts being available to US members in other continents when it happens! :roll:
    +1
    10club doesn't have enough tickets for the US residents even
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    All I hope is the same applies to the Aussie shows ie no overseas 10c members can buy our tickets UNLIKE the 2006 tour!!!!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328

"NONE"???

I know quite a few Aussies who want to go to Hawaii.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    Red_Dot wrote:
    No we don't.
    You are splitting hairs.
    I could've done this better if only you said 'your splitting hairs.'

Is there even any reason why non-US people wouldn't make up fake American addresses for their 10c accounts to get past ridiculous rules like this?
  • Options
    Ok, first: I'm NOT trying to fight ...

I understand feeling "alienated," but people would seriously pay for an international flight on top of the ticket price (plus hotel and whatnot) ... all I can say to that is WOW! My next question is, if you are willing to pay that much, what's the problem with waiting for the public sale? I ask because I have always gone through public sales (I only joined the fan-club after the 08 tour), and have always managed to get tickets (i even scored 5th row to EV in NYC through Ticketmaster). If money is no object here, which seems evident, then just take your chances with the public sale ... or am I missing something?
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

"NONE"???

Same here, I know a few people planning on travelling over!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    this is not a pearl jam tour this is an Eddie Vedder tour
    He is playing in theatres that hold 2 or 3 thousand people, not in arenas and amphitheares that hold 20 or 30 thousand people. Do the maths people!
    And seing that they have changed the system even more since last year, to 1 show per person, does that not say something about the demand for these shows?
    quit your bitching people! It was the same last year so why would it have been any different in the USA/Canada respect this year?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    It's fun to bitch when I have zero interest in all of this.
  • Options
    SC16205SC16205 Posts: 26
    I think it just comes down to logistics. The 10C tickets up for lottery/sale are under the condition that the buyer WILL be there in 99.99% probability, baring a life changing event. A lot can happen to prevent a fan from say, Scotland, to attend the Memphis show, for instance. Heck, I'm from Michigan, a mere 9-10 hour drive and I have to plan this out to a T to make sure I can go.

It sucks, but if an overseas fan really want to be at one of Ed's shows, they'll be there, w/o the help of 10C.

Put your frustration into the proper positive channels that will help you attend the show of your choice. Good luck.
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    It's fun to bitch when I have zero interest in all of this.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    Red_Dot wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

"NONE"???

Same here, I know a few people planning on travelling over!

it was a figure of speech, Im sure not all the people on the thread overseas bitchin' were planning on going.
    I'm sure that when Ed tours Europe US member will be off limits and I think it will be for the same reason, because the capacity if so small that its just impossible to offer this opportunity to everyone.

Now if Ed tour Australia or Europe and US member have a shot at tks then i could understand bitchin' about it, it wouldn't be fair.
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

+1

I mean its nothing against overseas fans, out of all he bitchin' thats gone down today this is probably the one with the most sense, but to bitch because you "bet" US member will be able to get tickets if he was touring Europe is jumping the gun.
    Ticketmaster allows 10C what? 10% maybe of tickets available, on venues that hold 2000 or so we are talking about 100 pairs of tkts, there is barely going to be enough tkts for the US fans that sign up and I'm confident the same rules will apply for Australia or Europe.
  • Options
    So if not many non US/Canadian people would go - why not just open it up to everyone?

Honestly, I don't really understand the logic unless there are going to be solo shows in all continents. Don't want to get at anyone at all, but why then is it ok for Canadians to get in on the presale but not Mexicans? Both are bordering countries for the US dates. Not that there's any reason at all to exclude the lovely Canadian people, but there's not reason to exclude anyone.

Just sayin'....not going to make any more points on the subject, but I'm disappointed for people.

Now bring on the Euro solo tour for Europeans only! ;):lol:

• Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    PJ_kidd wrote:

+1

I mean its nothing against overseas fans, out of all he bitchin' thats gone down today this is probably the one with the most sense, but to bitch because you "bet" US member will be able to get tickets if he was touring Europe is jumping the gun.
    Ticketmaster allows 10C what? 10% maybe of tickets available, on venues that hold 2000 or so we are talking about 100 pairs of tkts, there is barely going to be enough tkts for the US fans that sign up and I'm confident the same rules will apply for Australia or Europe.

Yah exactly.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    strummers wrote:
    So if not many non US/Canadian people would go - why not just open it up to everyone?

Honestly, I don't really understand the logic unless there are going to be solo shows in all continents. Don't want to get at anyone at all, but why then is it ok for Canadians to get in on the presale but not Mexicans? Both are bordering countries for the US dates. Not that there's any reason at all to exclude the lovely Canadian people, but there's not reason to exclude anyone.

Just sayin'....not going to make any more points on the subject, but I'm disappointed for people.

Now bring on the Euro solo tour for Europeans only! ;):lol:

I think he will tour Europe imo... and you make a good point though I didn't think of that, why canadians and not mexicans? there has got to be a reason for that...
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    The farther away from a show someone lives, the bigger the chance of the tickets going unused, so, with such a limited number of tickets available, I think its a good idea to reduce the field a bit.

It seems as if a lot of people buy tickets based on a whim, only to have them go unused due to travel difficulties.

I, like many others, make ticket buying decisions with my heart, even though my brain says NO!, so I know what it is like.
  • Options
    be greatful that ticketbastard has allowed a tenclub allocation at all!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    be greatful that ticketbastard has allowed a tenclub allocation at all!

It looks as if the NY and PA shows will be sold by Livenation.

I wonder if the new livenation ticketing service has the same 10% limit?
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    All I hope is the same applies to the Aussie shows ie no overseas 10c members can buy our tickets UNLIKE the 2006 tour!!!!

please.

when zero foreigners show up at my *hometown* shows at MSG, you let me know.... :roll:

this is NOT the first time shows have been limited, whether geographically, 10c members only, 10c members with certain #s, etc. there have been QUITE a few shows, even within the US, limited by state, and/or 10c #...and i do recall that the astoria gig if not limited to Ukers, limited to europeans in any case. pearl jam shows, in general, ANYwhere in the world, are open to ALL 10c members, with only a few exceptions. i actually think it's an absolute GIFT that some of us get a chance at tix beofre the general public b/c 10c is a PEARL JAM fan club, not eddie vedder...he full well could've left us all out in the cold.

people will have spares, and i am sure if a foreigner wants a spare, can find one. hell, i am a *local* and i missed out on 10c tix and the public sale when ed played my hometown of NYC. i bought someone's 10c spare. if there's a will, there's a way.

soooooooooo many people travel for live pj, i know i've seen em in 6 different countries and 7 states, so i don't think they'd ever completely do away with keeping 10c tix open to all.....just the smaller/limited shows, they do what they think is best. and you bet, i sure hope to someday catch pj in oz...and i certainly hope to at least have a chance at 10c tix, just like the aussies do, and everyone else...everytime pj plays close to my home. give and share the love....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow