Options

Ticket Sales or Announcement tomorrow?

PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Do you think the EV tix will be on sale tomorrow or just announced?
I think its the tickets because they made it out to be on sale tomorrow because it said make sure your membership and etc is current by TODAY or TOMORROW you will be a sad bird LoL.
Shows:
Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    I think its the tickets because they made it out to be on sale tomorrow because it said make sure your membership and etc is current by TODAY or TOMORROW you will be a sad bird LoL.
    But if they announce the tour tomorrow and say that to be eligible for tickets you have to be an active member as of April 7th (today), you'd be a sad bird no matter when tickets go on sale.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    But if they announce the tour tomorrow and say that to be eligible for tickets you have to be an active member as of April 7th (today), you'd be a sad bird no matter when tickets go on sale.
    Ohh, thats a good point!
    Either way I'm happy that theres going to be a tour!
    Shows:
  • Options
    sickgirlsickgirl Posts: 139
    But if it's just an announcment tomorrow why the "You might want to be hanging around tomorrow because birds like to fly into the wild in single pairs and single pairs only"? I can see them saying to update your info etc. if it was just announcing the tour, but I'm hoping the "hanging around part" means tickets. Oh well, atleast we know we only have to wait until tomorrow to find out.
    Fuck Cancer, fucking jerk
  • Options
    sickgirl wrote:
    But if it's just an announcment tomorrow why the "You might want to be hanging around tomorrow because birds like to fly into the wild in single pairs and single pairs only"? I can see them saying to update your info etc. if it was just announcing the tour, but I'm hoping the "hanging around part" means tickets. Oh well, atleast we know we only have to wait until tomorrow to find out.
    Ya thats what im hoping since they said the single pairs thing.
    I wonder how expensive tix are gonna be... Good thing I didn't buy the SDE or I'd be broke.
    Shows:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    sickgirl wrote:

Think it just more that you need to be a 10c member as of today so they don't get a bunch of scalpers joining the day of the sale just to get tickets
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    announcement

I'm hoping they give us a week or two to get everything together!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    announcement

A WEEK OR TWO? LOL :lol:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Really

I mean really

You REALLY think tickets go on sale tomorow? with no mention of time of sale at least....

Maybe i wrong but humph.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,576
    BeerBaron wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    announcement

what BeerBaron said,...the ticket sales will take place next week.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    i said this in another thread...but i'll say it again!! ;)
    i really hope that the announcement also gives us some indication of the bands tour as well...
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Really

I mean really

You REALLY think tickets go on sale tomorow? with no mention of time of sale at least....

Maybe i wrong but humph.
    I don't know if you've ever purchased W.A.S.T.E. tickets for a Radiohead show, but in order to reduce web traffic, and to try and get scalpers away, they announce what day they'll be having their presale, but not what time. I pulled an all-nighter waiting last time - totally worth it too.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    benjs wrote:
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Really

I mean really

Maybe i wrong but humph.
    I don't know if you've ever purchased W.A.S.T.E. tickets for a Radiohead show, but in order to reduce web traffic, and to try and get scalpers away, they announce what day they'll be having their presale, but not what time. I pulled an all-nighter waiting last time - totally worth it too.

Okay

But i'm strickly talking about Pearl Jam and this is usually what they do.

Lets not hope i'm wrong ;)
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i said this in another thread...but i'll say it again!! ;)
    i really hope that the announcement also gives us some indication of the bands tour as well...
    I'm with you on that one ... but I highly doubt that will happen, especially given that there is no chance that the 10C will be the ones to make the ACL announcement. Although I guess it is possible that they announce one leg of PJ shows in Aug/Sept and then the rest later on...
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    correct me if I am wrong, but for the Canada tour wasn't it simply a tour announcement with tickets being immediately available? Anyhoo, expect to be ready to pounce...good luck to all.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    announcement

:mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    edited April 2009
    sickgirl wrote:

I already told my boss that he is going to have to excuse me because I will have the board opened all day together with my outlook and my invoicing system :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Mrs.Vedder78 on
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    BeerBaron wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

very true.
    plus, man would it suck to have th the tix sale tomorrow with NO idea when it will be. not all of us can stare at this site all during a workday...especially a workday right before tax deadline!!! :? i guess it would cut down just how many would get to try...you'd have to be uber lucky, here and aware...then mad dash for tix. dammmnnnnn....this fanclub loves to shorten my life. :P
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    sickgirl wrote:

I already told my boss that he is going to have to excuse because I will have the board opened all day together with my outlook and my invoicing system :mrgreen:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not going to tell my students that I will be on and off tomorrow :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    i am actually thinking it may well be tix sales tomorrow...*poof* just like that. absolute horrible timing for me, it would be a major miracle if i actually manage to be here at the time, try for tix and actually score. so i'll already put it out there now - i will most definitely want a spare NYC vicinity ed solo ticket. :D i sure would LOVE to score my own pair, especially if it is in june...would love to take hubby, but yea...i just want to GO! why oh why couldn't this all happen april 16th or later? :| seriously, not working around my personal schedule...the nerve.....;) :P :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    I would be pretty disappointed in the Ten Club if they were to put tickets up for sale tomorrow. It just seems way too inconsiderate of people whose time and money is valuable to them. The only reason that they would do such a thing is to appeal to the impulse buyer - which is pretty unnecessary, considering the demand for the previous two Eddie tour legs. This leads me to believe that they wouldn't do such a thing.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    i am actually thinking it may well be tix sales tomorrow...*poof* just like that. absolute horrible timing for me, it would be a major miracle if i actually manage to be here at the time, try for tix and actually score. so i'll already put it out there now - i will most definitely want a spare NYC vicinity ed solo ticket. :D i sure would LOVE to score my own pair, especially if it is in june...would love to take hubby, but yea...i just want to GO! why oh why couldn't this all happen april 16th or later? :| seriously, not working around my personal schedule...the nerve.....;) :P :lol:

I dont think they'll do it like that, we are the minority as far as 10C members go and God knows I would be livid if I found out the 10C put tickets on sale for a Miami show and i didn't get any because I dont post on the message board.
    Those other members have as much right to have a go to those tickets as we do, so having said that i think it will be an announcement and the tkt sale day shortly after. IMO :)
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    I would be pretty disappointed in the Ten Club if they were to put tickets up for sale tomorrow. It just seems way too inconsiderate of people whose time and money is valuable to them. The only reason that they would do such a thing is to appeal to the impulse buyer - which is pretty unnecessary, considering the demand for the previous two Eddie tour legs. This leads me to believe that they wouldn't do such a thing.

+1
  • Options
    edited April 2009

absolutely not the case, tickets on sale next week,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    benjs wrote:

well thus the 'tweet' this evening...and as someone else posted in regards to radiohead doing something similar - cuts down on traffic, etc. i am sure just like the other solo tours, LOT smaller venues with BIG demand...so this cuts it back a lot, makes it a lot more stroke of luck. hell, i don't like it any better than you, we shall see tomorrow...but i definitely don't put it outside the realm of possibility. 8 days later and i would be fine...just pure luck of the draw, but tomorrow thru the 15th will be TIGHT, so whateva. even sitting here all day, could be slow on the draw and miss out. it IS nice that it will be limited to one pair per 10c member, but being that i live in the pj fan capital of the world, the NE, doesn't help me much in any case. :P just be hopeful...and hope to be lucky!

100 Pacer wrote:
    absolutely not the case, tickets on sale next week,...

i so like your definitiveness....and i hope you're right! preferably april 16th or later! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Last time tix went onsale, we had a cut-off date, but it wasn't the for sale date.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    benjs wrote:

well thus the 'tweet' this evening...and as someone else posted in regards to radiohead doing something similar - cuts down on traffic, etc. i am sure just like the other solo tours, LOT smaller venues with BIG demand...so this cuts it back a lot, makes it a lot more stroke of luck. hell, i don't like it any better than you, we shall see tomorrow...but i definitely don't put it outside the realm of possibility. 8 days later and i would be fine...just pure luck of the draw, but tomorrow thru the 15th will be TIGHT, so whateva. even sitting here all day, could be slow on the draw and miss out. it IS nice that it will be limited to one pair per 10c member, but being that i live in the pj fan capital of the world, the NE, doesn't help me much in any case. :P just be hopeful...and hope to be lucky!

it seems the general consensus is that the wording of the tweet would suggest 10C members will be limited to one pair of tickets for the entire tour, hence giving more members a chance at tickets, therefore it wouldn't require a surprise sale to give more fans a crack at tickets,...
    Post edited by 100 Pacer on

• Options
    this...

You might want to be hanging around tomorrow because birds like to fly into the wild in single pairs and single pairs only... you know?

is what makes me nervous and think a sale tomorrow is not outside the realm of possibility. why else would we need to hang around tomorrow? simply for the announcement? i truly hope that IS the case.....but we shall se....i am preparing my my mind for either possibility...:P
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    re: waste tix:

i've done the all night thing the last few tours, since the theater tour. the reason they do that is because those sales are open to everyone, not just paying fan club members.

those waits are fun. :)

about ed, both legs of last years tour went on sale 2 days after the announcement in both cases.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    re: waste tix:

i've done the all night thing the last few tours, since the theater tour. the reason they do that is because those sales are open to everyone, not just paying fan club members.

those waits are fun. :)

about ed, both legs of last years tour went on sale 2 days after the announcement in both cases.

ahhhhhhh....good to know! well, i hope all are right. that was also my initial impression, no way the sale tomorrow...but then my mind just ran wild with it. ;) how i WISH it would be on the weekend....or at least after april 16th. this is by far the worst time of year for a ticket sale for me personally.....only worse time would be the week leading up to september 15th. i'm sure having em weekdays works better for them tho. oh gawd.....the waiting drove me mad. hahaha. we don't even know WHERE any of the shows may be! :P
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Im really not sure anymore if they will be on sale tomorrow or not there are some really good points posted so far.
    I am hoping so since Im off school this week and most people will be at work/school and ill have a better chance at tickets!
    Muahahahahahahahah!!!!!!
    Shows: