Options

Remix of "Jeremy" on the 3 song "Jeremy" cd single?

happykevhappykev Posts: 20
edited April 2009 in The Porch
I was browsing through my PJ cd's and remembered I have the Jeremy/Footsteps/Yellow Ledbetter cd single.

The length of Jeremy is shorter than it is on the original "Ten" cd and it says mixed by Brendan O'Brien.

There is no mention of Brendan on the original "Ten" cd so this seems odd.

Does anyone know if this is a different mix than what appeared on "Ten"?

Thx-

Kevin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    no one has any ideas?

Kev
  • Options
    moozeekfanmoozeekfan Posts: 194
    Yes, it's different. It fades out at the end, so that explains the shorter run time. The drums have been remixed so they sound more 'at the front' of the recording. Jeff's bass is more front and center, too.
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • Options
    The version of, "Jeremy," that appears on the single is indeed version of the song. The shorter running time is due to the closing fade-out, but also to the elimination of a non-vocal section in the song's closing minute (between the first two "whoa-oh's"). Additionally, this version of the song includes background vocals not found on the album version, particularly behind the last time that EV sing's "...today," in the final chorus.

I've seen the band perform the song both ways. The last time I saw the band play, "Jeremy," live (the last Washington, D.C. show, I believe), Eddie sang all three "whoa-oh's" successively, as they appear on this shorter version, not the album version.
  • Options
    wow, thanks! This must mark Brendan's first involvement with the band, I assume.

Kev